Dr. Rhea Rowser Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rhea Rowser?

April 15th, 2016

This was my first initial visit and i must say i was impressed!! I think i have finally found a great doctor!! Hopefully it will continue

June 4th, 2015

Not pleased

I began attending Horizon's last year after being completely dissatisfied with another nearby practice that I've attended for over 20 years. I was completely excited to become a patient as I've read awesome reviews and their literature stated that they are strong believers of (medicine) alternative therapies. Upon my initial physical, they came back with an alarming report. They put me on medication for diabetes, though they admitted I was not diabetic (and barely in the pre-diabetic range) and when I researched my results I was well beneath the Mayo Clinic, WebMD, Diabetes Journal and diabetes.org listed range for diabetes. Her testing protocols were up to 1.0 off of those aforementioned indicators. I told her I do not like taking medication of any kind, and do not wish to be prescribed medication if not absolutely necessary. She seemingly didn't care. I had my blood retested and it came back just .2 points lower, and not out of her determined pre-diabetic range. However, she sent me a letter stating that my test showed that I had normal a1c levels and the importance of maintaining those levels. It cited levels identical to those published by the Mayo Clinic in said letter. She also placed me on a diuretic. My blood pressure had been high several times I'd been to see her, but I had also been under the influence of pressure raising medication. She refused to take that into consideration. She told me that she was prescribing a very light dose, but the pharmacy said that the medical companies didn't make that particular dosage--only double the dosage. I asked if she wanted me to cut it in half, she said no. That alarmed me. She also refused to consider my allergy and exposure to a toxin in my overall health screening. I don't like that. I've done much research that supported my understanding that this exposure has great impact on one's health--that is not disputed in the medical community. She simply shrugged it off. I told her that I needed an operation in the future. I wanted to discuss it. She told me that it was considered an elective surgery and I needed to lose at least 50 pounds before she would even talk to me about it. Then it was 20 pounds. Unless it was an issue. Of course it is an issue! I'm only talking to my doctor about it because it's an issue! I told her that I wasn't ready to do it then, but in the future, and that's her response. Currently looking for another doctor.

December 16th, 2014

Best Dr I have ever had!!

October 8th, 2014

Ms.

We moved here from Georgia and chose Dr. Rowser. When I made the appointment I explained that I had a special needs grandson and about his medications. 1st. appointment was fine. I made the next appointment and this is where the problems came in. After seeing Miss Marcia she assured us that my grandson's medications would be sent to the pharmacy. On Fri. night I called. I called Sat., Sun., and Mon. Still no meds. I finally got a call from Miss Marcia and she said they were refusing to prescribe the medications. To me this makes them liars and are not looking after the patient. They sent me to a specialist that does group therapy 1st. before they see the specialist. I explained that my grandson would not understand the therapy. My son was able to call the pharmacy and they in turned called the Georgia doctor who authorized the medications. Dr. Rowers office seems to not care about their patients welfare and what is best for them. I think this practice is one of the worst doctors I have had the misfortune to come across. I would rate this doctors practice a minus 100.

August 19th, 2013

sad

I was a experimental patient at wright state school of psychiatry. The school doesnt expect any patient to be long term. Once the counselor graduates your counseling ends. I had prescriptions for 3 mths, but just suddenly loss my job and insurance. I contacted the Dr to hurry and get refills for 90 days while I have insurance. I was advised to do so by my psychiatrist who released me for anxiety. Dr. Rowser(or the person scheduling the appt) could not ensure me that she would fill my medications??? I have a history of taking them. I am not an addict or trying to panhandle prescritpion meds. I FIND IT TO BE A MAJOR DISSERVICE THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE AS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES RISE FOR MANY PEOPLE, THAT SHE DOESNT SEEM TO FEEL THE IMPORTANCE OR IS NOT SENSITVE TO MENTAL HEALTH PATIENTS. I AM DISCOURAGED AND THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED. I WAS PRAYED WITH ON MY LAST APPT WITH DR. ROWSER, MAYBE ITS A RELIGIOUS REASON, BUT GOD WOULDNT HAVE MADE PSYCHIATRIST EITHER IF THEY DIDNT SERVE A PURPOSE.

October 31st, 2012

Dr. Rowser makes me feel comfortable and I feel that I can be very honest about myself and get the best care from her diagnosis. She is all in one for me as (a woman) and my children.

August 2nd, 2012

The BESTEST DOCTOR

She the best awesome doctor she is caring takes her time with you no rush. I just bring a good book because she is worth the wait!

October 5th, 2017