Dr. Rhodora Yap MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 29th, 2013
Review Dr. Yap
I was seeing Dr. Yap for about a year or so. I had a weekly therapist but saw her once every few months to get a prescription for my medicine. I thought I had a good doctor until my insurance company sent me a letter saying the Dr. Yap was no longer going to take my insurance plan however, I would have a 90 day transitional period until I found a new doctor that she can still see me. Before I ran out of my medicine, I made several phone calls to Dr. Yap to make an appointment and get a prescription. As you know, stopping medicine cold turkey is very dangerous and can cause terrible side effects. She never called me back or responded to my messages. Needless to say, I had to get my medicine from my regular internist until I found a psychiatrist which is not the easiest. For a doctor who knows about medicine and side effects, this is highly unprofessional. I was shocked to be treated this way and would not recommend her. Anyone that can do that to a patient clearly does not care.

August 15th, 2011
Very Strange Doctor...
Dr Yap continually rescheduled our appointments on the day we had scheduled them (one time 1/2 hour before an appointment), as if getting an appointment with her wasn't hard enough. I would call her everyday to find out when I could schedule an appointment and she would give me different excuses for why she could not make an appointment with me that day..It was too bizarre, but I stayed with her because my schedule seemed too busy to go researching another doctor to write my prescriptions. I should have, however, because I was going a week or two at least every month with NO MEDS because she cancelled and re- cancelled appointments and also made it virtually impossible to even GET an appointment with her. When I asked her if she would please write up a script for my anti- depressants because I was withdrawing from them, she adamantly refused, saying she "doesn't practice that way", and would only write me a prescription at an appointment. The a few months after I started with her I was again trying to track her down for my umpteenth visit, while she ignored most of my calls or picked up and told me she is booked or "on vacation". I started getting very depressed, and started searching for a new psychiatrist, but in the meantime I had gone the longest stretch without my meds- it had been 8 weeks since I'd seen Dr. Yap and four weeks without any of my meds. I finally got in touch with Dr. Yap and she told me she will not be seeing anyone in Brooklyn anymore, including me. With frustrated tears in my eyes I pleaded with her to write me one last prescription with/ without seeing me one last time, but she refused. I still don't get why she sent me on wild goose chases ever month to see her or why she can't see patients in Brooklyn. I kind of felt like I was in the twilight zone when dealing with this very strange lady. Everything she said sounded like a lie, and her behaviors boarded on borderline personality disorder issues. Very creepy and frustrating, to say the least!

November 10th, 2015