inactive

Rhonda Y Gans MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.5

September 26th, 2013
Dr. Gans does not seem to pay attention and listen very well to me when I see her for an office visit: it's as if she is angry and wishes she was somewhere else. I wish I had a different doctor but what can you do with an HMO.

March 27th, 2013
Surprised.
I have been going to Dr. Gans for several years now and I am surprised to read rather negative reviews. In my experience, she seems happy to see me and I felt she did listen to my concerns. I used to wait over an hour to see my prior physician and the longest time I have waited for Dr. Gans was probably a half hour. I have no issues getting the refills that I need for my perscriptions. She has also called me back after blood tests and reviewed the results with me. My college aged son also goes to see her and was satisfied with her too. I would not describe her as a jokey and giddy person but I do feel she is seriously concerned for her patients.

September 21st, 2012
Horrible Doctor
Unprofessional, started rolling her neck and raising her voice speaking to me as if I had a learning disability. Would not recommend to anyone!!!

March 1st, 2012
not a people person
Dr. Gans has a very poor manner in dealing with patients. Not trustworthy and doesn't interact with patients. Therefore, I did not feel comfortable in talking with her. She seems to have a chip on her shoulder for some reason. She has been less than honest with me on more than one occassion.

January 13th, 2012
Terrible is an understatement!!
First of all she is extremely rude! She walks into the room and acts like your wasting her time ( the 5 mins she gives you). Every time I need a refill on maintenance medicine she makes me come in and get it. First I thought it was for blood work,no she doesn't do that . I think she just wants the co-pay. I asked for a referral because I had sinus problems and she told me she would not give me one. She said it was allergies and I ended up at the hospital with asthma and sinus infection. Her staff is more helpful than she is. Once I called for a maintenance medicine refill when I was out of town and she had me go to the ER to get it. I also got a $8000.00 hospital bill for a $20.00 medicine. I was there for 4hrs and she would not return the ER physician phone calls. when I got back she said she thought I was in the ER in Illinois and AGAIN wanted me to come into the office. I am truly shocked she is still a doctor.

January 1st, 2012
This doctor is terrible!
When I went with my husband to his appointment, she came in the room and ignored me, didn't even say hello, didn't introduce herself and completely ignored his concerns. Then I had to see her for a foot issue and she completely misdiagnosed my problem. Luckily, I asked for a referral to a specialist and got one. The new doctor helped my problem. She's rude and speaks down to her patients. Then, she failed to inform me about my blood results and blamed the computer system! Her assistant who works for her and looks like she could be her daughter, is miserable, unfriendly, and has a big attitude. I only go here because of our crappy HMO.

September 29th, 2011
HORRIBLE
DR. Gans is very rude!!! She doesn't take the time to listen to your concerns. Her disposition is very poor. She made me feel as if I did something wrong to her. She spends about 2 mins. with you and never lays her hands on the site of concern. I made the mistake of going to her twice. She misdiagnosed me two times. I went for a second opinion and the doctors were stunned by her diagnosis. They couldn't understand her analysis of my test results (totally wrong). My advice to individuals looking for a doctor that put the patient first, make another choice.

September 15th, 2011
Something is strange . . . . .does she need a diagnosis?
Did not like Doctors demeanor on very first visit, should have followed my instincts and never went back. Dr. does not show concern for patient and is quick to dismiss your comments and concerns. She administers physicals and listens to respiratory thru patient clothing never touching your skin or even looking at areas of the body upon being informed of problematic symptoms.

August 15th, 2011
Please RETIRE
I wish I had done just a tiny bit of research prior to selecting her as my doctor. Not only is she rude, dismissive, and unprofessional she seems to be lacking in medical knowledge. Not to mention the long wait time prior to appointments only to be rushed through the appointment with, literally, ZERO compassion. Her beside manner is the WORST I have ever experienced. My hope is that the next person looking will find my/so many other previous patient reviews before making the same mistake. My advice to anyone considering her as your doctore...RUN!! If a doctor no longer has compassion/patience for what she does, then she really needs to do us all a favor and RETIRE.

May 7th, 2011
Not real courteous or caring
I first went to Dr. Gans because it was a requirement of my insurance to pick a PCP. From the moment she came into the room, she said "What can I do for you?". She didn't introduce herself, she didn't ask me how I was doing or anything. She didn't even take a complete history from me. So, I didn't trip too hard about it. I just assumed maybe she was having a bad day. This was my initial visit. About a few months later, I went for another appointment because I was having sharp neck pains. This was a follow up appointment (a couple months later)from when I had went to the ER and had been dagnosed with what they thought was a pinched nerve. They couldn't do any x-rays or scans because I was pregnant at the time. So, I come to see her to tell her about the problems I've been having with my neck and how it's starting to affect my left arm (I started having chronic numbness and weakness)and all she does is prescribe anti-inflamatories and says if I don't feel better in a couple of months, to come back (Now at this time, I had given birth to my son 6 weeks earlier, so I wanted to have some x-rays done). Well, I came back in 2 weeks because the medicine wasn't working at all, and she actually had the nerve to get an attitude because she said I didn't give the medicine a chance to work. I mentioned to her that I wanted an MRI or a CT Scan, or just something because I felt that something was wrong and she insisted that I give the meds a chance to work. She said it could take up to 6 weeks before I felt some relief. Are you kidding me?? If a medicine is going to work, it would would start working well before 6 weeks. So when I went back complaining about my neck again, she finally gave me an order for an MRI and when we got the results, it confirmed what I felt in the first place. I had a much more serious condition than the tendonitis she thought it was. I was really disappointed in the way she handled my situation because it shouldn't have taken that many appointments before I got an accurate diagnosis. I believe I went to her about 3 or 4 times before I had that MRI. That was very unprofessional and her staff is that way too. They're not rude but they're not very friendly either. And, getting an appointment is not a problem but them opening on time is. I usually get an appointment for like 11:00. There have been times I've showed up, and all of the lights are off...no one was there!! Overall, I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone but if by some unfortunate chance you don't have a choice and your placed with her, GOOD LUCK. Because you're going to need it. Definitely get a second opinion if you don't feel confident about any of your visits.

February 4th, 2011
dr. rhonda gans
Horrible. She doesn't get back to patients after numerous try's. Misdiagnosed all three of my symptoms with worse outcome from her perscript ...

December 21st, 2010
Awful, Awful, Awful
I have had two appointments with Dr. Gans, who is my "PCP" due to an insurance change. During the first appointment, she spent MAYBE 5 minutes with me, refused to write a script for post-surgery follow-up labs (which had been requested by my specialist), did not take a health history, and did not examine me (although I was there for a physical). At my second appointment, which I made because I had fallen and thought I might have seriously injured my tailbone or spine, I waited for 2+ hours and spent 2 minutes with Dr. Gans, who told me to go to the Emergency Room for an X-ray, as she didn't want to take the time to write me a script for an x-ray. She only looked at my injury because I asked her to, and stated that she "couldn't speculate" on what it might be, and repeated that I should go to the ER as she ushered me out of her office. Awful bedside manner, doesn't listen, completely dismissive, and appears to know very little about medicine.