beautiful and youthful show details beautiful and youthful
by Amy D. on Aug 26th, 2016

If you want to keep your face beautiful and youthful, there's no better Doctor then Dr. Maercks! I just turned 40 and, in just one visit he made me look like I'm in my 20's again. I'm terrified of surgery and the down time, but this one visit was just perfect for me. He's an incredible artist that uses injections full of fillers instead of a paintbrush to perfect your face.

simply amazing show details simply amazing
Jul 25th, 2016

Dr. Rian Maercks is simply amazing! It took me many many consultations, but I finally found a doctor that put me to ease and that I felt super comfortable with. Save yourself time some and hassle and go see him!

Dr. Maercks achieved the natural look I was hoping for show details Dr. Maercks achieved the natural look I was hoping for
Jul 1st, 2016

Dr. Maercks achieved the natural look I was hoping for. He performed his cold subfascial breast augmentation as a revision 6 weeks ago and I am elated with the results! I felt at ease throughout the entire process as he was very knowledgeable and well versed and answered all questions as well as addressed all concerns. I would trust him with any other procedures I may do in the future!

Labia MAJORA show details Labia MAJORA
Jun 13th, 2016

Hey everyone :) I never write reviews, but I am writing one today in regards to a procedure I had with Dr. Rian Maercks. I had been searching for a Doctor FOREVER, who does labia MAJORA surgery as every one does minora. So I am happy to announce that you don't need to look any further because he is literally the most talented artist ever. I have never in my life had such a wonderful experience with a plastic surgeon and I feel like it's my duty to share this information because I know how scary it is when choosing your doctor because you so badly want to make the right choice. Dr maercks is absolutely amazing, I'm the kind of person that panics and has anxiety and I did not experience that in the hands of Dr. Maercks. I got my procedure done this morning and almost cried when I looked at the results with my mirror at the beautiful results. He has changed my self image and I now have more confidence than I ever have in my life. I had done a procedure with another surgeon a couple years ago and had bad results, I was so sad at the money spent but more so just so disappointed it just sucked and that's not a fun thing to go through, so of course I was even more nervous because Dr. Maercks had to fix the other surgeons work as well as what we had initially planned on doing. I prayed all morning for the procedure to go well and for a good result, and the result was far beyond what I could have imagined. Dr. Maercks went above and beyond for me and I am SO grateful. On top of that his staff is amazing, Obadiah helped prep me and was amazing and kind and put me completely at ease. They both helped me to have a seriously perfect and smooth experience from the moment I walked through the door until after I left and more. If anyone is looking to have a procedure done that you have been considering for years, trust me when I say you are in the best hands with Dr. Maercks and you will be so happy you chose him. I feel beautiful and sexy again and I'm SO freaking thankful he was my surgeon, I truly don't think anyone else could have given me such beautiful results. Thank you Dr. Maercks for changing my life and helping me and everything you did for me. I am so happy and pleased, I don't even have the right words!!!! ☺️ SO HAPPY

I recommend Dr. Maercks to anyon show details I recommend Dr. Maercks to anyon
May 31st, 2016

One month later, my results are exactly what I wanted, natural looking, full breast! My husband couldn't believe how soft and natural they felt, and said he couldn't even feel the implant. I recommend Dr. Maercks to anyone; residents of Miami or elsewhere like myself. Either way, you'll get the time and attention you require. And his prices may be a little more than other docs but its reasonable AND "you get what you pay for," and you do not want to be frugal with something so permanent and serious.

Dr. Maercks did such a great job show details Dr. Maercks did such a great job
May 5th, 2016

From my initial visit I felt welcome and that I was in good care. All of my questions were answered. Dr. Rian Maercks did such a great job. I would recommend The Maercks Institute for plastic surgery to everyone.

Amazing doctor! show details Amazing doctor!
Apr 18th, 2016

Dr. Maercks is amazing!! I highly recommend him. He is very personable and always willing to answer and questions or concerns in person or on the phone. He performed a very complicated breast revision surgery as well as facial rejuvenation with fillers on me and I could not be happier!! Thank you to Dr. Maercks and his incredible staff!!

I trust Dr. Maercks show details I trust Dr. Maercks
by Ema on Apr 7th, 2016

I am 38 years old and have never been under anesthesia or had a surgery in my lifetime. I trust Dr. Maercks and have received (and continue to receive) only the best of care from him. He takes the extra time to inform the patient on the procedure and what can be expected.

I highly recommend Dr. Maercks! show details I highly recommend Dr. Maercks!
by haiden ensign on Mar 22nd, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Maercks! He is extremely professional, knowledgeable and caring. The staff at The Maercks Institute are extremely professional and accommodating.

He is a true artist! show details He is a true artist!
by Allice D. on Feb 22nd, 2016

I continue to return because he is skilled and understanding; He listens and asks questions, so I'm confident about undergoing procedures. He is a true artist!

beautifully balanced face show details beautifully balanced face
by Melissa R on Feb 8th, 2016

I accompanied a close friend for her face rejuvenation surgery and while I was there really for support only, I learned of the fantastic work Dr. M does with fillers. Fantastic is not the word, more like unbelievable!!! He made the most subtle but incredible changes to my eyes nose mouth and neck in twenty minutes- I really cant believe how youthful and pretty I look everytime I pass a mirror. The doc isnt cheap but boy is he a bargain! It took me about a week to love the results but i think this is just because it was my first time. Like another friend of mine told me who is also his patient "Dr. M is my secret weapon!

Best choice for facelift and any other facial aesthetic procedures show details Best choice for facelift and any other facial aesthetic procedures
by July Feinberg on Feb 8th, 2016

"Dr. Maercks is truly one of a kind. Although I ended up with one of his "composite" face lifts with eye lifts brow adjustment and facial fat grafting, he did spend a substantial amount of time and energy explaining all of my less invasive and less costly options. He is genuinely interested in the interest and well being of his patients. I felt very confident moving forward with him even though I was nervous to have such an invasive procedure. I have to say that despite looking scary day one the results are truly unbelievable! I felt comfortable going out in public in one week. Scars that are hard to find and such a naturally refreshed look! Everyone I know with a facelift looks like they had a facelift and I don't! Thank you Dr. Maercks!!! Two years later I am still looking and feeling fabulous!"

Don't do fillers with him! show details Don't do fillers with him!
Feb 7th, 2016

He butchered my face. A year later I am devastated.

warm, professional and always makes you feel comfortable show details warm, professional and always makes you feel comfortable
Jan 28th, 2016

Dr. Rian Maercks is warm, professional and always makes you feel comfortable. He did breast augmentation for me over 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier. The facility is very clean and the staff (Jessica and Wilmarie ) is also wonderful.

Jan 8th, 2016

From my consultation to my preop preparations to surgery and post! Dr. Maercks and his team have been amazing. I'm still amazed at how great I look and Dr Maercks made it happen!

LOVE Dr Maercks! show details LOVE Dr Maercks!
Jan 4th, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr Maercks! I am 100% satisfied with my experience and the resuslts. Do not hesitate to make an appointment.

His Facial Balancing technique is amazing! show details His Facial Balancing technique is amazing!
Dec 2nd, 2015

His Facial Balancing technique is amazing! But I was particularly impressed by the change he made with my aging hallow eyes. Dr. Maercks blew my expectations away. I will keep coming back to him and recommend him to all my friends! I cant imagine anyone being nothing but thrilled with him and his work!

I feel great and I look great! show details I feel great and I look great!
by jadde shiflet on Nov 11th, 2015

I feel great and I look great! Dr Maercks restored my confidence. I'm just so happy with my results!

Dr. Maercks does FANTASTIC work show details Dr. Maercks does FANTASTIC work
by tory s on Oct 30th, 2015

Dr. Maercks does FANTASTIC work using top of the line fillers to sculpt and subtly re-allign the symmetry of your face to allow your natural beauty to show at it's strongest. He made me look years younger, 15 times prettier and I feel like a million bucks after visiting him. I exclusively recommend Dr. Maercks!

Dr. Rian Maercks is AMAZING! show details Dr. Rian Maercks is AMAZING!
Oct 6th, 2015

Dr. Rian Maercks is AMAZING! Actually everyone was friendly & professional; the office is clean & Dr. Maercks made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions. I made the right choice!

Oct 3rd, 2015

I came into Dr. Rian A. Maercks' The Maercks Institute along with a family member not intending to have any work done, however after seeing his before and after pictures of his excellent technique of facial balancing I was very impressed which immediately led me to have work done by him. I can honestly say that he is worth the trip out of town for facial balancing and a non-surgical nose augmentation. It literally looks like I had a natural nose job and I couldn't be happier with the results! After years of contemplating a nose job I have finally found my solution and that is with Dr. Maercks' excellent technique! Make the trip to see him, you certainly won't regret it--he is very thorough, takes time with the patient, and his 2 assistants that were working along side him (Karolina and Jessica) were genuine, caring, and went beyond what I expected to make me feel at ease prior to the procedures. Karolina even went far enough to give me her own snacks to ease my anxiety prior to my procedure which actually wasn't bad at all. Give Dr. Maercks' a visit...he has skill. Period.

WORST SURGEON EVER show details WORST SURGEON EVER
by Dissatisfied prior client on Sep 20th, 2015

I cannot stress enough how much I would advise to avoid Rian Maerks. He is unprofessional, rude, manipulative, deceiving and dishonest. His bedside manner is downright rude. He uses his girlfriends as staff because he is that cheap and unprofessional. As a result of undergoing surgery with Maercks I had multiple complications related to ignorant diagnosis and very poor follow up care. I also have reason believe he injects saline instead of fillers. Maercks is disregarding of his clients and only interested in his paycheck at the end of surgery. He is a young cocky surgeon with limited experience and purely self interested. As a result of my surgery with Maercks I had to have a triple procedure to fit the damage caused by his work. I cannot stress how much I do not recommend Maercks for any procedure. Ask other Miami surgeons how many revisions of Maercks work they do and this will assist you with any questions you may have to the validity of my review. He only gets 1 star because ZERO was not an option.

satisfied with my results show details satisfied with my results
by jordan charest on Sep 14th, 2015

I came to Dr Maercks on may 18th to get a breast augmentation; He is friendly and makes sure that all your needs are met. I am satisfied with my results. Thank you all!

37 Years old, mom of 3 show details 37 Years old, mom of 3
by Shannon B. on Jun 19th, 2015

I exclusively recommend Dr. Maercks! He performed breast augmentation & did facial balancing with injectable fillers on me and I am beyond thrilled with the results! Although I have viable options in the town where I live, I choose to travel 3200 miles (no kidding!) from the Midwest to receive Dr. Maercks' care and expertise. He is professional, personable, and a perfectionist...he doesn't settle for less than the best! He takes the extra time to inform the patient on the procedure and what can be expected. His innovative approach to surgery (Cold Subfascial Breast Augmentation) and the other procedures that he performs in his office are unique to him and EXACTLY why I chose him. I am 38 years old and have never been under anesthesia or had a surgery in my lifetime. I trust Dr. Maercks and have received (and continue to receive) only the best of care from him. Through the whole process...from consultation, to surgery and procedure, and post op and follow up appointments, Dr. Maercks has been amazing.

Jan 7th, 2015

I haven't met a Dr. more passionate about his practice and patients than Dr. Rian A. Maercks! I haven't been to a practice where the Doctor himself performs all of the non invasive procedures that most pawn off to their nurses or assiatants after selling you on the product/service until I met Dr. Rian A. Maercks! I have never met a Dr. that responds directly - within an hour, (after hours) and cc'ing his staff, to important email inquiries that I send to their office, until I met Dr. Rian A. Maercks! I don't know any doctors who engage with thier patients directly - outside of the operating room these days. Dr Maercks is a RARE find! He has staff to do all the handelung, yet he takes the initiative to recieve you and communicate with you directly as opposed to third party!! (What?) Some people might see this as a person who needs the business or has no staff, but not this Doctor! I've seen the difference first hand! He is breaking the molds of today's norm in approach and skills! Hallelujah! :-)

Dr Rian Maercks/ The Maercks Institute show details Dr Rian Maercks/ The Maercks Institute
Sep 16th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Maercks by a friend of mine who was very pleased with his work. I received hydrochloric acid fillers and I must say, I am elated with the outcome! We have all seen people who look like they have "had work done." So I was always nervous that receiving fillers in high-volume would make me look different. That was not the case with Dr. Maercks. I do not look like I have had any work done, I just look like a refreshed younger version of myself. I absolutely love his work and I cannot recommend him enough! Oh, one last thing... Ask him about what he calls a liquid rhinoplasty... It's the best kept secret I'm Miami!

thoughtful kind honest and above all an artist show details thoughtful kind honest and above all an artist
by pz on Dec 13th, 2013

Dr. Maercks is the most caring thoughtful and dedicated doctor I have met. He takes the time to explain all options from cheap and quick to expensive with recovery, not just one option. He recommends the best treatment for the patient and there is no "upsale" that you encounter in other practices of similar stature. He recommended a volume balancing procedure for me instead of a more expensive lift which would have surgical recovery. I look 10 years younger and no one can tell why all without surgery. I definitely would not let anyone else touch my face!!!

Run Far Away do not trust the other reviews please. show details Run Far Away do not trust the other reviews please.
Nov 26th, 2013

This Doctor is a part time physician. Has no malpractice insurance. Has no clue what he is doing. I am permanently scared and nothing has been done. I beg you DO NOT GO TO HIM. You might die.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Genius show details Genius
by Lizzie on Jul 26th, 2013

Me and my best friend Catherine had booked a week in Miami to shop for my wedding dress for my up coming wedding later this year. I first heard about Doctor Rian Maercks when my fiancé give me a magazine called Miami (the beauty issue) to check out the restaurants, shops etc while we were there. I was very impressed with Dr Maercks interview, I did some research on his work and I was hooked, his cosmetic work looked so natural and beautiful. I had previously messed around with Botox and fillers in England and hated the look, it didn't look at all natural and I became very self-conscious I didn't look like me a little fake looking, thankfully nearly a year later most of it wore off but still not quite all the filler…. I booked an appointment with the stunning! Nicole who was and is extremely helpful, warm, friendly and professional.. Doctor Maercks immediately picked up that I had previously had filler and knew exactly what was wrong with my look, I wasn't balanced, my cheeks dominated the rest of my face.. MEET the modern day Michelangelo Buonarroti, Doctor Maercks an artist before becoming in my honest opinion the best cosmetic surgeon there is on this planet and I have seen a fair few to know, no contest at all, he totally transformed my face to complete near perfection, I was blown away, overwhelmed and cried with joy when he gave me a mirror to see my face, I looked like a much younger me, symmetrical, well balanced with amazing cheekbones and my face is now so natural looking you would never know that I have had work done, I am so very happy I could burst! Thank you Doctor Rian Marecks for giving me back my confidence you are a genius and I am a patient for life….. I will highly recommend Doctor Maercks to all my friends and anyone interested in having any kind of work done.

The one and only!!! show details The one and only!!!
by mk on May 1st, 2013

From the first time I discovered Dr. Maercks, I knew he was the ONLY surgeon that would ever touch my face or body. Incredibly trustworthy and results that cannot be touched!!!!

Most thoughtful and skilled surgeon show details Most thoughtful and skilled surgeon
by jm on Apr 17th, 2013

I have never met a surgeon who cares so much and puts so much thought into every detail. I would gladly trust my life and looks to Dr. Maercks again and again!

Most intuitive doc with the best results! show details Most intuitive doc with the best results!
by kk on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Maercks has an ability to know exactly what is right for my face and hits a home run with every intervention. My friends cant tell what I've done but bug bug me incessantly for my secret ;) and his staff and new surgery center are amazing!!!