Dr. Riaz Baber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

February 4th, 2016
This doctor needs some psychological help!

September 14th, 2015
I can't believe this man has any patients. He is the worst psychiatrist I have ever seen. He does not know how to communicate with patients. He will literally prescribe anything besides klonopin or xanax for severe anxiety/panic attacks. Not only is he an awful doctor but he is an awful person. He is narrow minded, judgmental, patronizing scumbag.

August 21st, 2015
Has saved my life many times over
I have seen Dr. Baber since he first started seeing patients in Aurora. He has always been compassionate and did not give up on me. He has gone over and above many times over. He even came out one night and opened his office to see my husband and myself when I was doing so poorly and needed help. Didn't just tell me to go to ER. I have always given recommendations and will continue to do so.

March 9th, 2015
Aweful. He should go back to Pakistan.

January 22nd, 2015
I have been a patient for over five years and find him to be a great doctor.

January 30th, 2014
Stay away
Rude, hard to understand, rushed. Tries every med before understanding what is wrong. God forbid if you need to talk to him outside of your session.

May 19th, 2013
I originally had my son seeing Dr. Sinnappan unitl he left the practice. My son was then schedule to see another doctor that I was unaware of and sat in the waiting room for more than 2 hours. I found that the doctor was not even in the office. My son was then scheduled to see Dr. Baber. He did not listen or even look at my son's file to see his diagnosis. He wanted my son to try a new med that they were doing tests on. When I asked him if he should take it with his diagnosis he was surprised that he had the diagnosis and asked how I knew that he had the disorder. I told him that I already had one doctor diagnose him and he was also tested at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. I told him that all of the reports are in his file. I never took my son back to Dr. Baber again and would never recommend him to anyone.

December 30th, 2011
i have been a patient of dr. baber for well over 30 years. i have always been treated with respect and compassion. he has successfully treated my depression for all of these years. i have always recommended others to this office and will continue to do so.

October 8th, 2011
Don't take adolescents
I took my son to see a dr. at this practice for anger and addiction issues. The doctor gave him more anti anxiety medication after a 15 min appt. Then kept upping his dose. He ended up in rehab. He ended up relapsing and I found another prescription bottle from the same office...new doctor. When I called, it was after hours and the head doctor YELLED at me because he had a hard day and I should not have called him so late!! Horrible place, shouldn't be allowed to treat anyone!! (in my opinion)

December 16th, 2009
good experience
I've always thought about writing Dr. Baber to thank him. As a teen I was way over medicated and treated--whether he knew what he was doing or not, he told me that my best treatment was no treatment at all (after 6 years of hospitalizations, medications, and therapy). And, for me, he was right. I am now living a healthy life. He took a risk, but it worked.Also, I am an academic and took well to his intellectual tone. I felt like I was wasting time in therapy (I now describe my suicidal past as "dealing with existential angst") but he was able to reason with me and appeal to my intellect. So, if you or your son/daughter's problem is existential, Baber might work.

November 24th, 2009
Please dont take your kids to see Dr. Riaz Baber
Please dont take your kids to see Dr. Riaz Baber. All the posts here are absolutely true. His office borders on the truly incompetent. Everything from quality of care, follow up, appointment scheduling etc. There is an unmistakable aura of indifference throughout the entire office. I took my son there twice but never again. Keep looking. Report lousy doctors to your insurance company.

February 6th, 2009
The Worst!
Not only non caring, but I believe incompetent. I waited over 90 min. and he spent 3 min. with me. No testing or even conversation. No follow up. Just drugs. How would he ever know what worked and what didn't when he used no standard test or questions. Very bad experience. And I am trapped by my insurance which only recommends him.