Dr. Ricardo Akstein MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Riverdale, GA

2.3

January 25th, 2016
Good doctor. Appointments for complete eye exams always take time anywhere you go. Getting good medical exam is worth a little wait

April 18th, 2015
Dr. Akstein is very caring and professional individual! He is kind when seeing the patients and answers all questions regarding the eye condition in question. He gives out brochures which further helps understands the disease process. He spends time with each patient and now he also has to input a great deal of information into the Electronic Medical Records which further takes away from the time he dedicates to a patient, but he takes his time and addresses all issues in a most professional manner. Some patients complain of the wait time but when they are seen they also want the time for their exam and the doctor gives them their time as well. He is always working and he is well known for his surgical skills. He is experienced and he is well regarded by the medical community that knows him.

February 22nd, 2015
Find another Ophthalmologist
I should have cancelled the appointment like I started to do. The wait was about 40mins to be seen. After being seen please be advised you'll be dilated and sit in a bright room, for 20 mins. I've never had an Ophthalmologist have me sit in a room with natural lighting after dilation. The staff was fine for the most part but Ricardo Akstein lacks the skill necessary to interact with patients. When explaining why I was in the office he failed to listen and continued with the lack of active listening skills when I was explaining valuable information to him pertaining my eye-care history. In addition to his lack of listening skills he's dismissive. As a person that is required to interact with people daily ideally one brushed up on their communication and active listening skills, not the case in this instance. Basically, I had to be as dismissive and rude as he was to get my point across. Needless to say I will not go back, I will not recommend him. And if you are seeking an Ophthalmologist my advice would be to do your research.

July 14th, 2014
A 1 Jerk!
After waiting 2 hours after appointment time, he automatically tells me I have cataracts and glaucoma. After talking with most other patients waiting. He told them the same thing. It seems like he is trumping up eye illnesses a bit for the money. His, receptionist is as cold as a dead fish. We will never go back there. I'm calling my insurance about his practice.

January 21st, 2014
very good doctor, just have to wait. but then its ok to wait for a good doctor!

June 13th, 2012
Disrespectful and unprofessional doctor
He makes you wait over an hour and doesn't treat you with respect. He is known to fail most of his operations and causing the patients to suffer longterm effects.SURGERY IS DONE AT THIS PLACE, BUT DOCTOR AND NURSES ARE HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONALPLEASE I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

November 30th, 2010
Awful!
I went once and never again. Waited over an hour with no explanation - I might as well have been invisible. Gave me contact lenses with an old expiration date. I was so disgusted with everything - wrote to my Insurance company. They reimbursed me to go elsewhere. Don't waste time or money here!

November 6th, 2010
poor service
My dad had surgery on both eyes in 2009. The office staff filed one bill incorrectly and was denied by insurance. My dad kept paying them because he kept getting monthly bills. Dad now has a credit balance of hundreds of dollars. Not only do they refuse to send the money back, they refuse to even talk about it. There are so many other doctors around. Use this one at your own risk.

November 1st, 2010
Would not recommend for vision testing
I was very unhappy with the efficiency of the office staff and the thoroughness of the eye exam. Waited 1 hr. 15 min past appointment time. Front desk finally told me it was because Dr. arrived late. Grossly overbooks patients. Exam was much less extensive than any I have any experienced. Very unhappy I wasted my insurance company's money and will likely have to pay out of pocket for a more thorough exam unless I wait another year.

July 30th, 2010
Professional Eye Care
Some of the other comments show that those people have not had an Ophthamology exam prior to their visit to this doctor! Just dilating the person's eye can take 40 minutes! Think about it---we wait longer than a hour just to have dinner at a resturant. Health care takes time. Rush jobs cause problems from my experience. I don't ever mind waiting to get medical expertise!

June 7th, 2010
This office is a sad excuse for a professional office
My husband and I made an appointment over a month ago. I had all 5 pages of information (apiece) completely filled out. We walked in 15 minutes early with our paperwork filled out. We signed in, handed our paperwork to the receptionist with our insurance cards and driver's licenses. An hour and 15 minutes later I checked the second time with the receptionist. She said they had been verifying our insurance. We had both left work early and had wasted our time. More amazingly, the other receptionist spent the entire time reading her Facebook page!! I can't believe this office is still in business.

June 7th, 2010
Absolutely Horrible
Dr. Akstein performed cataract removal surgery on my mother's right eye and ended up making her vision worse than it was before. She felt pain during the surgery because he did not numb her eye enough. During the post-op visit he was VERY rude and was practically yelling at her. He dismissed all her questions and actually called her a liar when she said her vision was blurry. All he seemed concerned about was operating on the left eye. He became greatly irritated when we told him we would not allow him to operate on it when he had already damaged her right eye. The staff was almost as bad as him and the wait was ridiculous. It was the worst experience we have ever had with a doctor. He is unprofessional, rude, and uncaring. I would not advise anyone to go there. No one should ever have to experience this atrocity, he needs his license revoked!