Dr. Ricardo Ayala Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Ayala?

Diagnosed my Child with TMJ....he has a Brain Tumor

Posted on July 9th, 2017

He refused to do further testing, CT Scan, MRI, etc even after I asked. It seems that with good insurance which we had..you would rule out anything BAD before you treat him as a TMJ patient. FAILED care for my child. Even after I said that his headaches continued...he just upped his dose of medication. I am SO grateful that we had to MOVE so that my child would be seen by another neurologist.

Terrible experience

Posted on April 25th, 2016

Rude and patronizing. I saw Dr. Ayala twice and then told my primary doctor I would never go back. Unbelievable.

Posted on October 24th, 2015

Spent about 2 minutes with him and he doesn't talk directly to you he talks into his computer taking notes

Posted on October 9th, 2015

Does not listen to patient complaints or concerns. Very full of himself and what he thinks is wrong even before doing the normal digging for answers. Lazy and tried putting my child on anti depressants

Waste of my copay

Posted on September 9th, 2015

I went to this doctor because I had been experiencing some pain and numbness in my arm, which I am almost 100% sure is because of my job, which requires many daily repetitive motions. He seemed unimpressed with this possibility and never asked about it again, instead talking about posture. Okay, that's fair, my posture isn't the best and I can see how it can lead to back and shoulder pain, but he completely dismissed what I believe was a valid reason for this pain and instead talked about my "bad habits" like posture, elbows on chair arms (which I probably don't even do once a week but happened to do in his office), and crossing my arms. He then went completely off his rocker and asked if I grind my teeth (I do clench them), told me I have TMJ, and then started telling me how I needed to smile big and open instead of closed off. He said I have too much tension in my face and that I need to show I'm more open to people with my body language. I imagine he was saying this because at this point I was mostly saying nothing but my face was saying "What the f*** is wrong with you?" He then started to ask me things that REALLY had nothing to do with why I was there. Asking if I had anxiety issues. When he found out I was on migraine medication (which has almost completely gotten rid of my migraines and I'm stable on!) he said "Oh you will do much better on an anti-anxiety medication instead of this!" I had to tell him that I was comfortable with my meds and intended to stay on them. At the end of the visit I have to wonder if I had been a man with this complaint, would he have told me I "needed to walk like a princess" and "smile bigger"? I doubt it. It made me feel like he talked to me for 15 min and made a value judgement on my personality and told me to change it. I will never ever see this doctor again.

Terrible experience

Posted on September 5th, 2015

Do not recommend. I have had two or three appointments with Dr. Ayala. I recently asked my primary doctor to suggest a different office. Dr. Ayala is extremely disrespectful, arrogant and dismissive. He cut me off and talked over the top of me every time I tried to say anything. Unbelievable. Don't even bother. I could go into more detail, but I think you get the picture!

Worst Neuologist I have ever been to.

Posted on September 10th, 2014

I have had CIDP since I was 15 years old. I am now 32 years old. I have been to many Dr's over that time. Dr. Ayala is by far the worst. You truly feel like an experiment and a number to him. His office is also run horribly. The ladies upfront are rude, disinterested and unpleasant. I was his patient for two years (two years too long) and my appointments probably averaged running 1 1/2 hours late. With a couple up to two hours. Literally two hours after my appointment time is when I first got to see Dr. Ayala! I would not recommend Dr. Ayala or that office. You deserve better!

Posted on November 5th, 2011

I was in a wheelchair for 6 months, due to I couldn't walk and had a trem in my right hand that wouldn't stop. I was sent to Dr. Ayala by my nurse practitioner.Dr. Ayala is very rude. His staff acts like they don't care to be there. Dr. Ayala hollered at me while I was in his office in front of my mom and husband. He would ask me questions about past relationships, and he acted like I was stupid. I cried most of my first appt. He pretty much told me that I was crazy and then told the nurse the nurse that I need to be set up with a psychologist and do physical therapy. I went to a psychologist, and she said that I wasn't crazy. So I start seeing a MD and she said that I was very depressed and had fibromyalgia. She sent me for nerve damage testing, and I found out that I have nerve damage down both legs and carpal tunnel syndrom. So 6 months later I seen another doctor who diagnosed me with MS. She couldn't believe that Dr. Ayala didn't diagnose me. She said that I have had it for a while. Dr. Ayala is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I would not recomend him to anyone.

READ THE LAST 3 REVIEWS!!!

Posted on August 9th, 2011

Totally agree with the last 3 posters. He saw my Mom (with me), and he sat in his office chair, feet on desk, reading email while asking (me) questions about her all the while she was there, and the door was open. He would not ask her direct questions, and she was capable of answering. he told me to put her in a lock down facility, and when she begged me not to, he said her behavior confirmed why she needed it. (she did not). I tried to switch to another doctor, but he would not release her. We cancelled future appointments, and she passed away 3 years later from Dementia. STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE!

He cares about the Pharmeceutical Companies

Posted on March 10th, 2011

In short: I left ayala because although I was stable on my medication and my seizures were controlled he wanted to 'add' another medication. I questioned the rationale behind this and it was apparent he didn't like being doubted by a 'consumer/patient'. I do my homework with all the doctors I see and I ask questions to become informed. It was evident that Dr Ayala did not appreciate that I was just trying to get information and clarification. I therefore chose to leave his practice and sought a neurologist that was secure in his skin and allowed questions to be asked without becoming offended that I would dare ask for clarification etc. Also, I know of 4 other families/patients that saw Dr. Ayala and chose to leave him because of his rightous attitude/ego. Save yourself time - seek a different neurologist - if you have a child with neurological needs you may have to suffer through his attitude and hope he is able to do what is in the best interest of your child - I say this only because he does have a specialty in child neurology. Good Luck!

former patient

Posted on February 17th, 2011

I don't know who wrote these former reviews, office staff, exceptions to the rule but Dr. Ayala has one of the worst reputations in Tallahassee. He is rude, condescending, arrogant, and doesn't seem to take much interest in his patients. Look at Ratemds.com for a better picture. If your having neuro problems you might as well save your money for someone else because your probably throwing it away on Dr. Ayala.

Posted on August 14th, 2010

Dr Ayala has treated my daughter for 8 years. He takes interest in her as a person, not just a patient! He talks to her, which many doctors don't, because she is Intellectually Disabled as well as Epileptic. The three of us agree on a course of treatment before we proceed. Although we may have to wait , our time with Dr Ayala is never rushed and our questions are answered.