Pediatricians, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Tallahassee Neurological Clnc
1401 Centerville Rd
Ste 300
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-878-8121
Locations and availability (24)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dec 3rd, 2013

Doesn't deserve a star. My son has only had 2 seizures from 2009 to 2013. After the 2nd seizure (which was 2 1/2 years from the first one) he refused to release him back to work and told him to go on disability. he would not budge. Hard hearted to be a physician. No care. My son is not disabled and disability is not the solution to all Health problems. He sucks!! As a result of his refusal to release him back to work, my son will be terminated from his job.! Will Dr Ayala be paying his bills? NO!

Nov 5th, 2011

I was in a wheelchair for 6 months, due to I couldn't walk and had a trem in my right hand that wouldn't stop. I was sent to Dr. Ayala by my nurse practitioner.Dr. Ayala is very rude. His staff acts like they don't care to be there. Dr. Ayala hollered at me while I was in his office in front of my mom and husband. He would ask me questions about past relationships, and he acted like I was stupid. I cried most of my first appt. He pretty much told me that I was crazy and then told the nurse the nurse that I need to be set up with a psychologist and do physical therapy. I went to a psychologist, and she said that I wasn't crazy. So I start seeing a MD and she said that I was very depressed and had fibromyalgia. She sent me for nerve damage testing, and I found out that I have nerve damage down both legs and carpal tunnel syndrom. So 6 months later I seen another doctor who diagnosed me with MS. She couldn't believe that Dr. Ayala didn't diagnose me. She said that I have had it for a while. Dr. Ayala is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I would not recomend him to anyone.

|  READ THE LAST 3 REVIEWS!!!  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

Totally agree with the last 3 posters. He saw my Mom (with me), and he sat in his office chair, feet on desk, reading email while asking (me) questions about her all the while she was there, and the door was open. He would not ask her direct questions, and she was capable of answering. he told me to put her in a lock down facility, and when she begged me not to, he said her behavior confirmed why she needed it. (she did not). I tried to switch to another doctor, but he would not release her. We cancelled future appointments, and she passed away 3 years later from Dementia. STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE!

|  Do not go to this doctor/A concerned parent...  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

I agree with the former review. Please see the years of comments on RateMds before ever going to Dr. Ayala. If you care anything about your child, please take him/her to Shands or Nemours.

|  He cares about the Pharmeceutical Companies  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

In short: I left ayala because although I was stable on my medication and my seizures were controlled he wanted to 'add' another medication. I questioned the rationale behind this and it was apparent he didn't like being doubted by a 'consumer/patient'. I do my homework with all the doctors I see and I ask questions to become informed. It was evident that Dr Ayala did not appreciate that I was just trying to get information and clarification. I therefore chose to leave his practice and sought a neurologist that was secure in his skin and allowed questions to be asked without becoming offended that I would dare ask for clarification etc. Also, I know of 4 other families/patients that saw Dr. Ayala and chose to leave him because of his rightous attitude/ego. Save yourself time - seek a different neurologist - if you have a child with neurological needs you may have to suffer through his attitude and hope he is able to do what is in the best interest of your child - I say this only because he does have a specialty in child neurology. Good Luck!

|  former patient  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

I don't know who wrote these former reviews, office staff, exceptions to the rule but Dr. Ayala has one of the worst reputations in Tallahassee. He is rude, condescending, arrogant, and doesn't seem to take much interest in his patients. Look at Ratemds.com for a better picture. If your having neuro problems you might as well save your money for someone else because your probably throwing it away on Dr. Ayala.

by Sarah's Mom on Aug 14th, 2010

Dr Ayala has treated my daughter for 8 years. He takes interest in her as a person, not just a patient! He talks to her, which many doctors don't, because she is Intellectually Disabled as well as Epileptic. The three of us agree on a course of treatment before we proceed. Although we may have to wait , our time with Dr Ayala is never rushed and our questions are answered.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Lindsay P on May 17th, 2010

He's great.. Bedside manner is awesome.. Makes getting diagnosed with epilespy not has scary as I thought it was going to be.. He's gone out of his way to help me!! Very thankful he's my doctor!

May 10th, 2010

Dr. Ayala has treated my son for tics and ADHD since he was in elementary school and he is now successfully moving to college. He involves the child in treatment (the child often finds that intimidating) and is pragmatic but optimistic in his approach to medication and treatment.