Dr. Ricardo Cigarroa Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Cigarroa?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Cigarroa?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2016

Without the doctor ever seeing me, without getting results of a stress and other coronary tests and without my initial consent, I was automatically scheduled for exploratory surgery. The doctor reluctantly came to see me after I refused the surgery. Although I was told I had abnormal results from one of the tests, I was found to be ok.

July 4th, 2016

saved my life

saved my life. his nurses very well trained, do the questions and logging in, EKGs, blood test etc, same nurse. very professional and efficient. he so good he is in high demand so there are some trade offs but its made up for with excellent trained nurses. in good hands with this doctor. if want talk to doctor more do like me, use another doctor who has time to talk to you. when the serious work needs to be done he calls r cigarroa. to do the serious stuff then after my other doctor explains to me. works out well that way. Ricardo just very busy.

April 16th, 2016

Run away screaming! Ricky used to be excellent. Is not anymore. He owns a huge moneymaking operation and is in it for the Federal Dollars.

February 20th, 2016

Avoid at all costs!!!

If I could give Dr. Cigarroa a Negative rating, I would! This man is abusing the system and defrauding the insurance & medicare systems! Admitted my mom via the ER for a urinary tract infection and NEVER stepped foot in her hospital room after six days!!!! Yet he scheduled her for a pacemaker! He told my mother before putting her in the hospital that she had a 95% blockage in one of her coronary arteries. I called Dr. Cigarroa's office and they were rude and acted like they were being bothered to take the phone call. Dr. Cigarroa's PA is rude and doesn't listen to the patient or ask how they are feeling. We got mom a different cardiologist and he found NO blockage after taking mom to the Cardiac Cath lab! A pacemaker treats an arrhythmia, NOT a blockage! AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I would not take my dog to this doctor!

February 15th, 2016

Hebbronville Tx

We are very disappointed by this so called Dr. My mother has always been hypertensive since early 90. We had confident on this Dr he had changed my mothers medication to a lower dose so her blood pressure was sky high when we took her to ER he told the nurse to send her to his office when we showed up to my surprise he had left the office and we had to wait for 2 hours. My sister and I were concerned and wanted to talk to the Dr his so called office manager told us only one person per patient we were agitated. My sister allowed for me to go in with her for my surprise he walks in and practically kicked us out knowingly how mother was and told us to go out and find another Dr. That he did not care if it was an emergency that if we did not like his staff then for us to get out. He did not check my mother like the way he was suppose to do well he can shove his staff and keep them, but we took another step right away and found her a very good Dr that knows how to respect his patients and took care of my mother so no I do not recommend this Dr to nobody.

February 8th, 2016

I was disappointed with the doctors behavior. My mother had an elevated blood pressure. His staff informed her to come in from out of town to ER. When she arrived ER staff contacted the doctor and he requested that we take her to his office. Upon arrival to his office. The staff was rude and informed us to wait because he was not available. 2 hours later she was called in. As we were walking my mother, we were informed by the staff one individual was allowed to in with my mother. I requested to speak to the doctor then he come big bully that referred to himself as office manager. We have policies in place and that's final. To my surprise the doctor walked in yelling at my mother and told her to leave and find another doctor. He did not provide any immediate assistance. He forced my mother to make a decision if he wanted her to continue to be her doctor or leave. Now we understand all the comments that we have heard from his previous patients are true after all. I would never recommend him as a dependable cardiologist.

December 22nd, 2015

So long as you never need to be an inpatient in the hospital, you might feel Dr. Cigarroa was deeply caring. He was treating my elderly mother and when she was admitted under his care on a Friday, we thought he would be in to see her at least by Monday. SIX DAYS later, he had still not stepped into her hospital room! His PA did, but even that was a bad experience in that he really comes across as uncaring and wants to leave as soon as possible!

November 10th, 2015

Some of the staff is courteous and helpful. One has been rude. We have had to wait hours to see the doctor

November 7th, 2015

The best care received.

Dr R Cigarroa and his staff have always taken very good care of me and my family. I recently had to have renal artery angioplasty and stenting at Laredo Medical Center. It was a complete success. He saved my kidney. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Ricardo Cigarroa to anyone.

June 10th, 2015

havent and already disappointed

You can ignore my review or you can waste two minutes just reading how put off by his staff alone to make think twice about seeing him. Rude and full of it. Replace your staff and you might have an improvement with the ratings.

May 21st, 2015

Nephew

My wife's aunt was under his care and had a heart implant done on her a couple of years back only to find out her on flesh had ground around it and could be taken out or replaced instead he referred her to San Antonio to do what he was trained and studied for. She died. If your going to do this process to your loved ones take them to San Antonio instead. You might keep your loved one a little longer.

April 14th, 2012

Dr. Cigarroa is a fantastic doctor. Truly caring and passionate about the people of Laredo