Dr. Ricardo Perez MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Morgan Hill, CA

July 31st, 2012
DO NOT SEE DR.PEREZ!!
I was looking for a primary physician and Dr. Perez was located in my hometown, with a few of my family members having seen him in the past. I was going in for my annual checkup. Although I mentioned several stomach issues I had been having, his diagnosis was "take a probiotic." Sure enough, a few months later I'm in acute pain, seeing a specialist, who tells me it's urgent for me to have two procedures done. Dr. Perez seemed distracted and disinterested throughout the entire check up, and not very willing to acknowledge any of my concerns. If he had been, it might have kept my health issues from getting to such a state. Not to mention, twice after my visit I called and both times he was on vacation. If you're hoping for a doctor that will be attentive and available, this is not the doctor for you.The nurse was friendly and sweet. But the office staff is beyond rude. The front desk is managed by Dr. Perez' wife and her manner is consistently abrupt and unfriendly. And once you get to the billing stage of your visit - good luck. I was sent notices for the bill from Dr. Perez office, even though my insurance said the annual checkup is covered. I called Anthem Blue Cross - they hadnt even received a claim from Dr. Perez, yet I was already being sent bills in the mail. When I called the office back and asked if they could talk to Anthem Blue Cross about the issue to sort it out, the girl said, "We don't call insurance companies; we end up on hold for hours." Great customer service, right? At this point, Anthem Blue Cross has had to call Dr. Perez' office 3 times, instructing them not to continue sending me bills and charging me late fees because the claim is in the middle of being processed. The office has even threatened to take me to collections, regardless of the fact that Anthem Blue Cross has been in contact with them about the bill. The overall experience was an absolute nightmare from the doctors visit, the office staff and the billing process. And all of this hassle just for a checkup where the doctor didn't even pay attention to my medical concerns. It seems like this practice is strictly in business to make money, not to provide care or quality customer service to patients. I will never go back or recommend him to others.

June 26th, 2012
Dr. Perez is a fantastic Doctor who really cares about his patients and the quality of service he gives! Great staff to work with!

December 16th, 2009
totally satisfied
my wife and I have gone to Dr. Perez for about 8 years and have been very satisfied. would like to see him broaden the insurance providers he accepts, however. he has been good at following up after lab reports came back and indicated a need for medication. would definitely recommend him.