Dr. Ricardo Solis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Solis?

September 9th, 2013

Exceptional doctor

Dr Solis is the most amazing doctor. My mom has been very ill and he has managed her case for about 2 years. He is sincere and caring. He guided us through treatment options and answered as many questions that we asked. We never felt rushed by him and he has never been one of those doctors that spends 15-minutes with you and blows out the door. He has operated on my mom 5 times, Each time he was prompt to show up and efficient. His office staff is OK - not always overly friendly, but when we have needed them in emergency situations they have come through. Can't go wrong this wonderful doctor.

April 25th, 2013

Unwarranted office visits

Like many others I'm going to complain about how rough this doctor is. Having someone look up your butt is humiliating enough, so having them shove and poke and act like it's no-big-deal is terrible. I cried on the way home; I felt like I'd been sexually assaulted. I noted later that my insurance was charged a ridiculous rate for the initial visit. Also, he prescribed me a cream that is no longer made. Then, when the prescription was changed and I got it, it clearly was labeled "external only" but he'd told me to use it internally. I found this frustrating. Then I went back for another exam to see how that cream had worked out. Well, it hadn't worked out. Did he do a corrective procedure? NO. He charged my insurance another whopping fee, and told me to come back in three more weeks, prescribed that SAME cream that (a) is no longer made and (b) is replaced by a cream that doesn't work. On my third visit he finally did the corrective procedure. It was not pleasant at all. As a matter of fact, the procedure was done roughly, painfully, and he seemed to be in a big hurry to run out of the office. Why did I return to him in the first place? Because I didn't know where else to go! I'd already seen him and didn't want to go through the hassle of another initial visit with another rectal surgeon. My advice? DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

December 29th, 2010

HORRIBLE

The worst EVER. Having to go to a doctor like this is humiliating enough. 1st time there for my "scheduled" appt., the doctor was 1 1/2 hrs. late. The staff clearly did not care. There was even a sign above the head nurses area that said, "I just don't care."When I saw the doc. he was more into talking smack about the doctor that referred me to him then he was with the issue that I had.2nd visit, I was his very first appt. and he was still 1 hr. late in seeing me. The receptionist rolled her eyes at me and, the head nurse pretended I didn't exist. Apparently, the doctor was taking care of his personal issues.DO NOT RECOMMEND

December 14th, 2010

did not have a good experience overall. supposed to go back for 6 week follow up but I have NO plans of doing so. staff not warm nor caring. very sterile (I mean cold not clean) clinical environment. not what you would expect for this type of appt./doctor. I wish I would have waited for the doctor my OB referred me too rather than rushing into this appt with Dr. Solis. Def. would not recommend.

July 10th, 2010

Dr.Solis saved my life and I can guarantee you that he is saving many others as well!! The girl who makes and takes the appts isnt the most pleasant...but neither are we the patient at times! Its about the care and procedures, which were done beautifully by the Dr. I am two weeks into my healing and feel great! I was at South Austin Medical for 5 days and every nurse i dealt with was very complimentary of Dr Solis and his Skills. So please if your colon is a medical issue give the Dr a try! I can almost promise you he will give you 100% of his abilities!!

June 24th, 2010

I would rather suffer than go here again.

Dr. Solis is a good doctor, but his staff is the worst I have ever seen. Rude and incompetent is bad combination. These idiots shouldn't be working at McDonalds nevertheless a supposed professional environment.

December 16th, 2009

After care was NOT good.

(The office staff person I felt was very good is no longer with the practice. The others I dealt with were not as courteous and professional. So, I based my above rating on her.I appreciate Dr. Solis diagnosing my condition and running further tests to ensure his diagnosis was correct. He was excellent at that. What I did not appreciate was his telling me I could have surgery at St. David's Hospital on 32nd Street and changing up on me at the last minute, and having me go to South Austin Hospital. The hospital was very filthy. I pushed myself so I could leave sooner than I was physically ready to leave the hospital to avoid getting a staph infection or something worse. Dr. Solis went out of town before I got out of the hospital. He did not have a nurse in his office, and another doctor's nurse was trying to help me with my post-surgical problems and answer my questions, but she didn't know me. I suffered much more post-surgery than was necessary. Had I know he would be leaving town right after surgery, I would have scheduled it for later so he could be around during my recovery. The hospital was a HORRIBLE experience. Surgical patients need good after care, and I did not get that from Dr. Solis. No, I would not recommend him to anyone unless they want to get the correct diagnosis and then find another doctor who will stand by his word and schedule the surgery in a hospital that is clean.

May 27th, 2017