Internists, Cardiologist (heart)

575 Coal Valley Rd
Ste 210
Clairton, PA 15025
412-469-7788
Locations and availability (7)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Didn't Even Show up  |  show details
May 6th, 2014

I was scheduled to have a trans esophageal echocardiogram after it was discovered I had a new heart murmur and moderate mitral regurgitation. The concern was I may have vegatations on my valve from endocarditis possibly from a recent staff infection. The cardiologist I saw in the office was dr kalsmith. He was great. Absolutely nothing but praise for him, but he could not perform the TEE and it needed to be done in a hospital. And in my case I also needed a thoracic surgeon present due to another condition. The cardiology office set it up in about a weeks time. Quite impressive to get time in the OR with a cardiologist and thoracic surgeon on such short notice I thought. However as I was in pre-op, the nurse told me dr minella was not coming. She said he was told it was another day or something along those lines. Mind you it was his office that set this up. It's been 2 weeks to the day and despite 5 phone calls to their office we have received no results, no orders to follow up or anything to do in the meantime. We were given excuses like we haven't got the results yet, or were still interpreting them. My wife works for the same hospital system and results are available almost immediately. Finally, we got to speak to a practitioner today. Not sure if he was a PA or another Dr, but he said I should have an immediate follow up. He could not go over any specifics since I'm not one of his patients. But due to the fact that dr Minella didn't show up to my TEE, this delay in care has occurred. It has yet to be seen how critical immediate action could play a role in my case. But the bottom line is a test that should be interpreted and performed by a cardiologist of dr minellas credentials was left to be performed by an anesthesiologist and a thoracic surgeon and in my case especially given the fact I don't have an esophagus, an expert should have been present. I cannot speak of his medical knowledge since he refuses to interpret my results and was too unconvinced to be at my procedure, but this entire process has been one stressful frustrating pain in the @ss. I would look elsewhere for a cardiology practice if given a 2nd chance.

|  Excellent cardiologist  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

Dr Minella is an extremely competent cardiologist. I heard numerous nurses in the hospital say that he was the cardiologist they referred their family too. My procedure was difficult but he kept working to get it as good as it could be done. I have every confidence in his skills.

Aug 7th, 2011

On a scale of 1-10, Dr. Minella is a 100. I am blessed to be his patient.

by Michael Vincent on Apr 20th, 2011

I take my mom to Dr. Minella. She does not enjoy going to dr's but she makes an exception for her favorite dr. Dr. Ricci Minella treats Mom with great care and compassion and is valued a million times over by my family.

|  The absolute BEST!  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

Dr Minella is the best cardiologist. Very professional, caring, knowledgeable Dr. Highly recommend!

|  #1 Best Doctor!  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2010

#1

Dec 27th, 2009

outstanding physician.

by Lisa Raspanti on May 13th, 2009

I am a regular patient of doctor Lipman but doctor Minella insert my stent. He introduced himself to me in the elevator on the way to the procedure. he knew who I was befor I knew who he was. He was warm and reassuring befor during and after the procedure.

|  #1 Cardio Doctor  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2009

The absolute BEST!!!

|  Anonymous  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2008

I have found Dr. Minella to be rather arrogant. Doesn't return phone calls and doesn't listen, only his opinion counts.I have been his patient for more than twelve years but I am looking for a new doctor.

|  EXCELLENT HEALTH CARE!!!!!  |  show details
May 25th, 2008

THE BEST CARE YOU COULD ASK FOR!

|  Best Cardiologist  |  show details
by smithfieldpizza on Dec 17th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Minella is the best cardiologist. His patients receive the best medical care possible. He is caring, thorough & very knowledgeable. His office staff are also amazing.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Wonderful Physician  |  show details
by KellyWoods on Nov 30th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Wonderful Cardiologist - caring, professional and excellent quality of medical care.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com