Dr. Richard Becker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 22nd, 2014
Non Caring S**T
I took my Chug (Chihuha\Pug) mix to Dr. Beckers office because he was starting to get a swollen spot on his tummy. Once in the office, they took my dog in for an exam and came back out in about 15-30 minutes telling me that we could go ahead and leave him there and they would euthanize him later because he wasn;t going to make it. I asked what it was and was told it was a cancerous tumor. I told them that I was not going to leave him there, if he was going to die he would be with me. I was referred to a different vet by a friend of mine and after an "emergency" visit to my friends vet, my dog was diagnosed with a urinary infection that caused the swelling, he was placed on antibiotics and then a prescription medication for his problem. I was able to keep my boy Radar around for another three years before he was called to Doggy Heaven.

September 19th, 2013
Terrible
I agree with the previous reviews. I just went to see him and he did not try to investigate at all h symptoms. All my levels seemed normal so he pretty much told me to have a good day, nothing is wrong. He was not personable at all and didn't make me feel comfortable or important. His staff was also not welcoming, they were not friendly and were too concerned flirting with each other. Definitely recommend going elsewhere. He is a terrible doctor!

August 1st, 2013
Not very caring
While Dr. Becker is competent if all you care about is getting your numbers within the normal levels, he is not a caring physician. Even though I still feel bad and NONE of my symptoms have gone away Dr. Becker will not investigate further and just brushes off my complaints. I have since gone to another physician to try to find out what is wrong and I do Not recommend him to anyone!

August 26th, 2012
I only need to go to the office yearly now, which is one of the reasons I keep going. It's just too much trouble to switch doctors. I have always had to wait a long time for my appointments, and have never felt like the office staff is very friendly, especially the ones who check me in. I haven't actually seen Dr. Becker himself for at least 3 years. I always end up seeing his nurse practitioner. Actually, I like her better!! She always spends plenty of time with me, and asks lots of questions about my general health. She orders a variety of blood tests, not just the ones relating to my thyroid problem. She found my deficiencies in both vitamin d and b12, for which I am taking supplements. Don't care about him, don't like the office, but love her!!

July 6th, 2012
Annoyance
When asked what a specific terminology meant in regards to my condition he responded, "You're going to have to look that up." I had to call the office to receive the results from my blood test was told since I was in range that my dosage would not be changed. I was not asked about my persistent symptoms. When scheduled for a follow up I was told that I could not ever be guaranteed that I would see Dr. Becker in the future. When asked why, I was told, "sometimes he comes in late or not at all or is with another patient." I asked if I could schedule and specific date and time when I could see him and was declined. I was also reminded of the fact that I signed a form acknowledging that I may not see him and then I would see the nurse.

May 31st, 2012
First Time Opinion
This was my first visit with Dr Becker. He took the time to visit and talk to me in his office about my past medical history and the problems that I was currently. This was all before he even before examined me in the examination room. Results for the biopsy were received the next day. I wold not hesitate to recommend him in the future.

June 21st, 2009
The "I do not care" Doc
This doctor did not care I felt terrible, even when I pointed out that my blood test was off the regular values. He refused to change my meds, I felt so bad I did not know how to explain it to them. I end up changing doctor, I could not take it anymore.