A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Brown is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Brown
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Brown Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Brown, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Brown has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard A Brown MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Brown practice?
- Dr. Richard Brown has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Brown practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Surgeons.