A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Carlson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Carlson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
- Catholic Health System - St Joseph Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carlson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 26 plans
- Independent Health - 34 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans