Dr. Richard Friedman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.5
  • 2 reviews

July 9th, 2016
The worst . Highly abusive to his patients and feels omnipotent to any ramifications because of his mild form of power in his little corner of the world . Doesn't know about medication and it's a farce he's the director of psychopharmacology at ny hospital .

April 25th, 2014
Fake
Extremely rude and selfish doctor. I came into his office in the depths of a treatment refractory depression, hardly able to speak and he said "can you talk a little faster I don't have all day" . I was astonished. Then he told me he only runs this psychopharmacology clinic and doesn't see patients privately( a lie) so he could refer me to one of his residents. I said I didn't feel comfortable seeing a resident as I have a refractory condition and need to see an expert. He then proceeded to refer me to somebody who just graduated. When I called him to ask him why he would do such a thing his response was "the older doctors don't know the new medication" . It's obviously transparent that he was just trying to hook up one of his former students with a job. He runs his clinic like an old boys network and cares more about his students then patients desperately seeking help. Finally I did find a seasoned professional who treated my depression and helped me recover. Dr Friedman made me feel like there was something wrong with me for wanted to see someone with experience saying " I know what you need" when I questioned him. I just don't think he's a good clinician either. He talks the talk with his pod casts and ny times articles but doesn't walk the walk which is evident by his low score on websites such as this which offer some checks and balances to it all.