inactive

Richard A Jacobs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

November 29th, 2013
Wasting of time and money
I went to see this doctor for a nail fungus problem. One of the nails was becoming white and the skin was itchy. I explained to him the visible problem but he was not responsive. He used UV light for superficial exam and said that I have hives because Moscow is a dry climate area (???). I also complained about the infection of my groins and wanted to show him the skin, but he promptly refused. Charge $165. After leaving, I realized that was a useless visit so I went to a dermatologist in Spokane, who took the sample (nail clippings) and sent the results to our family doctor. The diagnosis: onychomycosis (nail fungus); cure lamisil tablets, which the family doctor explained are very cheap to prescribe ($4.00 per complete treatment). I hope that the rest of dermatologists in Moscow are far more competent. Also, these kind of reviews should be more prevalent on the web to minimize the impact (by staying away) of poor service by medical professionals.

March 27th, 2013
lichen planus
Dr. Jacobs knows his stuff. When I go into see him, I explain to him my problems and all that has been going on. He checks things out and knows the answer after that. He is honest and true about his diagnosis, and gives me what I need to take care of it. I never feel rushed, and he always answers my questions. I feel great when I leave that office knowing that I was well taken care of.

July 18th, 2012
Dangerously incompetent
Dr Jacobs repeatedly assured me, over the course of several years, that the mole on my face was nothing to worry about. Eventually I became concerned enough to seek a second opinion from a doctor in Spokane. The second doctor took one look at it, said it looked like basal cell carcinoma, biopsied it, and indeed it was a BCC. Of course by that time, I needed much more extensive surgery than would otherwise have been necessary.

January 2nd, 2012
Terrible surgeon!
Two years ago, my general practitioner removed an "age spot" from my face that turned out to be a malignant melanoma. He did a beautiful job - I only had a tiny thin line as a scar. It was barely noticeable. But since he hadn't removed enough, he sent me to Jacobs to get more removed. BIG MISTAKE. This guy used an enormous needle and huge thread. Every mark shows, even after 2 years. The scar is a zig-zagging nightmare. I also have a little mountain-like thing just beneath my eye where he simply gathered the skin together. I'm glad the cancer's gone, but I now look like I was in a knife fight in a bar. The irony of it? There was no cancer in any of the tissue he removed. He's a nice man, but he doesn't know beans about suturing.

April 9th, 2011
I had an appointment last year with a spot I was worried about. I was told not to worry and that it was nothing. After seeking a second opion, turns out it is a malignant melanoma in-suit (sorry for spelling error). Had Dr Jacobs paid more attention to this spot, I could have saved A LOT of time and worry for myself and my family. Also, Jacobs would not take off some moles I had asked him to take off. My second opion Dr. immediately removed these moles in question! My personal opinion, NEVER see this doctor.

November 29th, 2010
Front staff is rude and unhelpful; they seem annoyed when I asked questions or called to make appointments, payments, etc. They will not bill secondardy insurance companies - even though this is standard practice in most medical offices and it would mean that they would receive reimbursement for services rendered at a quicker speed. They also do not provide itemized billing statements that are usually necessary for one to file a claim with a secondary insurance company on one's own. Dr. Jacobs was professional and prompt, but I can't seem to shake off the negative interactions I've had with the front desk staff. Will not return in the future even though it means I will have to travel to Spokane to find another dermatologist.