A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Katz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Katz
High Cholesterol Patient Education Your patient education guide for reducing high cholesterol (hypercholetserolemia) levels. HDL, LDL and triglycerides explained.Before Visiting Dr. Katz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Katz, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Katz graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Katz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Grossmont Hospital
- Alvarado Hospital
- San Diego Rehabilitation Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Alan Katz MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Katz practice?
- Dr. Richard Katz has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Katz practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Internists and San Diego Cardiologists.