Dr. Richard Newman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Newman?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Richard Newman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2011

Really?

We arrived at Dr. Newman's and only had a short wait before he met us. My initial surprise at being seen so quickly seen was answered when I came into contact with Dr. Newman. He was very short with me and seemed more interested in my insurance than in my injuries. He cut me off when I was speaking multiple times and then was very evasive when I began to ask questions. Ten minutes into my meeting it was over and he made sure to ask for the third time about my payment options. Thanks but no thanks.

April 29th, 2011

I had to write after reading the negative comment

This guy literally saved my life. I ended up in the ER with intense headaches and severe blurred vision. After an all day visit in the ER getting CT scans, etc, I was told all I had was blocked sinuses. I made an appt with Dr. Newman as he was affiliated w/HH. He helped my sinus issue but continued to send me around to other Dr's (optomolgist, nuerologists...)insisting that I had something else wrong with me. He didn't pretend to know a field of study that was not his own. He insisted I see "experts", as he proved himself to be in the ENT dicipline. Well after many fruitless trips to other Dr's I kept coming back to Dr. Newman. It was a few weeks and I was still unable to see, stand or even bare the pain. He was the only man, outside my family, that shared in my frustration for not finding a solution. In fact I was giving up, saying that it seems to be gettng better (barely) and I will just deal with it. He insisted, continued to search for the right "expert" for me, and finally we found someone who could properly diagnose me. Dr. Newman, along with my new Dr. he found for me, admitted me to the hospital and proceeded to "save my life" - literally.That is what a good Doctor does - not make you fell good about an "outsourced" function like C-PAP, which is similar to being sent out for CT-scan.

April 22nd, 2010

I don't write negative comments lightly, so in fairness, the following background needs to be disclosed.My brief experience with this doctor originated with a referral specifically related to sleep apnea. He was not the referring physician's first choice at the time, but he was an ENT, and happened to be available on short notice. This visit was to be nothing more than a basic exam to rule out any physical nasal obstruction before proceeding with medication and/or CPAP. Initially, I came away with the personal impression that he was arrogant, had a horrible bedside manner... or perhaps was just having an 'off' day. All of the above personal failings may or may not be true, but could still easily be overlooked if someone is particularly brilliant in their career of choice. I didn't happen to see that in this case. What specifically drives the low rating, is that even though he had to have known he was outside of the range of his medical knowledge boundaries, he still managed to spew forth with generalities and misinformation on the subject of sleep apnea. Since I was just a 'newbie' at the time, and still quite ignorant... it took a surprisingly short period of time before I learned just how ill informed he really was on the subject.Fortunately, my pulmonary doctor and primary physician had a much better grasp on the subject.Overall - my experience was completely negative.

March 20th, 2016