Dr. Richard Weisman MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Pittsburgh, PA

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017
His retirement was a huge loss
My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease by a neurologist who I felt was disinterested and uncaring of him, so we looked for a new doctor and were directed to Dr. Weisman, who took one look at my husband and said "You don't have Parkinson's." He very carefully examined my husband and studied the CT scan of his head (the one that had been read by the first neurologist who had originally diagnosed him with Parkinson's) and was even more convinced that my husband's condition was not Parkinsons, but rather "normal pressure hydrocephalus, which is caused by the brain's inability to properly drain away excess cerebral fluid. This puts pressure on the brain and results in horrendous symptoms, such as difficulty with balance and walking and cognitive symptoms. But it's treatable! A few weeks later, my husband was operated upon by a gifted surgeon who inserted a shunt into his brain to drain away the excess fluids and he literally awoke from the anesthesia restored to his old self and grew even better in the days and weeks that followed. Dr. Wesiman gave back health to my husband and gave my husband back to me. After many years of medical practice, he retired from seeing patients, and I can only mourn his absence and wish him every good thing.

September 20th, 2016
This guy is a total basket case with the nastiest disposition I have ever encountered. I wouldn't take a dog to see him.

January 13th, 2016
Wanna-be doctor milking medicare
pompous and condescending. Incorrect diagnosis. More interested in earning brownie points from hospital and medicare to increase his income. He is a sham. He is more interested in pleasing medicare and his patients suffer as a result.

May 30th, 2014
pt
Bedside awesome but disappointed with getting test results from whomever answers the phone at the office and told you would be called with results at your visit and the pt has to call them

January 27th, 2014
Egotistical and rude. More interested in himself and his 30% bonus from medicare.

November 16th, 2013
patient
My experience with Dr. Weisman was extremely positive. Not only was he totally professional throughout, his personal message was one of sincere interest in my concerns and his commitment helping ensure my well-being. Following a physical evaluation, he very clearly explained what he considered to be the options going forward. Once I chose among them, he immediately facilitated an appointment with a pain specialist--one that, miraculously, was able to take place within the next few days. His personal style and his obvious knowledge made him a perfect choice in the pursuit of good health.And I'm grateful both to Dr. Weisman and to Dr. Thomas Wein (my primary care physician, for the referral to this practice.

May 11th, 2013
migrane aura
The experience was positive in every way. He is very articulate doctor who answers questions fully and is very warm and personal.I felt very comfortable and secure with the examination.Few doctors have the positive qualities he has with spending time with patients and showing genuine concern for their health problems.

April 3rd, 2013
Dr Weisman is the best!
I am a patient of dr Weisman and I just think the world of him. He is smart,thorough and a great doctor. He spends time with you and has a wonderful bedside manner. I have referred multiple friends to him.

December 14th, 2011
Excellent doctor - compassionate, listens closely and gives valuable and intelligent feedback. Highly recommend him.

April 5th, 2017