Richard A Weiss MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 46 reviews

September 24th, 2016
Exceeds my expectations!
Dr. Weiss is everything one hopes to find in a doctor. He is kind and compassionate, takes great care to explain the "whats and whys". He is honest about predicted outcomes no possibilities. Dr. Weiss was recommended to me by my eye doctor when I inquired about a brow lift. His exact words were "This is your eyes and Weiss is the only one I, myself, would trust." Dr Weiss has performed my surgery, laser, Botox and fillers over the past few years. The results are amazing - while being realistic. (He's a doctor, not a magician!). I receive tons of compliments of looking refreshed, well rested, great skin, etc. rather than "Oh! You had work done." I'm happy every time I go to Dr. Weiss's office. His nurse, Jackie, is an absolute dream and since she holds your hand during procedures you hardly even feel it! Tamara and the office staff just couldn't be anymore friendly and accommodating. Truth is, I'd ltrust Dr. Weiss to operate on any part of me! Lol!

April 29th, 2016
Fraxel
Dr. W was very nice at the initial consulation, post surgery his demeanor changed. He wants me to do something else. He left me so much scars around my mouth. Pls. GO ELSEWHERE.

December 29th, 2015
Omg, I love Dr. Weiss. He made me beautiful.

November 2nd, 2015
Yelp Reviews are mostly fake and I found out too late!!!!
Not very good. Always in a rush. Cosmetic work is poorly done. There are way better doctors all over Southern California. I wish I read some of the true reviews about him before I decided. I need revision work. I look very odd and strange. He doesn't have formal training in plastic/cosmetic surgery .

September 14th, 2015
Sloppy Work
I know there are better docs out there and not into sloppy work.

March 25th, 2015
Sloppy is the only word that I can used for Dr. Weiss
I got my appointment when this doc. was running his internet deals/specials. I did key words searches and found his name appeared on almost every site from Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc. to any sites that allow for paid advertisements. Like many others, I assumed his credentials and testimonals are facts and not lies, half- truths, embellishments and in reality it is all paid advertisement campaigns . I wrote a review on Yelp and it quickly got removed the same day. A few of his testimonals are true and he used them on his Youtube videos and videos posted on his website. This is not typical results of Dr. Weiss's work.

January 27th, 2015
I will say this once. Go elsewhere and you thank me for this afterward.

December 27th, 2014
Wow! The best. I cannot believe I can look so fabulous.
They have some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Putting their customers first is definitely a priority here and it shows. Not only were they able to provide everything they promised me, they went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations. I knew I was getting top-of-the-line treatment when they told me about what they learned at the latest conference they attended, and how they were incorporating that knowledge into the practice. This place may look like an assembly line plastic surgery facility that belongs to a corporation but you get such amazing result. I cannot believe I can look decades younger for so little.

September 24th, 2014
stitched my lower lids making me looking very strange.
Doctor did not discuss with me what he was going to do. He done something very strange to my lower eyelids. It is hard for me to describe. I thought all oculoplastic surgeons have the same number of years of training, but I guess I was wrong. Not all are created equal. Now I have to paid $15K to have that problem corrected by another oculoplastic surgeon from recommendation of the UCLA medical staff. And "YES" I learn a big lesson not to trust because doctors are now a dime a dozen. The bad ones will tell you what you want to hear, so you feel confident an good, then after surgery you realized it is your money they want and you are out of plenty of money. Your face will never be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!! This doctor will not refund or admit to sloppy work done. I am shocked that he advertised as one of the best comestic eyelids surgeon around. That is false advertisement which he gets away with. Now I have to some how find the 15K to have my lower eyelids madelook less weird and more normal. He done something very, very strange that my new oculoplastic surgeon cannot guarantee that he can fix the problem. New doctor doesn't know what Dr. W. did to me. Dr. W. altered medical record before sending it to my new revision doctor. He pretty much deny he was the one that done the surgery.

September 3rd, 2014
Result is not what I expected.
ectropicion is what I got from Dr. Weiss after lower eyelid surgery. He stitched me up super tight and I ended up with lots of wrinkles. For upper eyelid surgery he made a cut that swings upward pass the tail end of my eyebrows and then another one that is about 3/4" to the lateral side of my eyes. My friends can clearly see all the ugly stitch marks. He told me it is in my mind that the result is not good. He said it takes at least 6 months or longer to see the final result. It's been 18 months and other plastic surgeons asked me if I had it done South of the border such as Mexico, etc by someone that is not trained in plastic surgery!!! My result is nothing like what he shows on Youtube , on his website, and his photo albums. He never took any post surgery photos is proof that the result is horrible. Now, I have so much regret. Comestic surgery is a big decision and finding the right doctor is very important. Gee, I am such a big sucker to believe his yelp reviews. Further research show that this doctor didn't have much reviews until 2009. If you look, you will draw the same conclusion that this doctor writes his own reviews.

July 9th, 2014
Grandma looks like beauty queen
I am so youthful looking after Dr. Weiss magical touch. He did it exactly right and I look so youthful and good looking. No one believe how old I am. They usually guess me 30 years under. If I am any of you, I look no further for the right surgeon. . Dr. Weiss is the right choice and the only choice. Stop looking and book your appointment with Dr. Weiss today and be so amaze. His consultation is free and ask for a discount. He often gives discount of up to 25% . Check his cheap Groupon deal. It is so amazing and wonderful deal and you cannot beat the price elsewhere. I think Dr. Weiss deserve 10 stars.

June 29th, 2014
big brown eyes now small brown eyes
Dr. Weiss thinks he done an awesome job on my big brown eyes now is smaller and changed their shape. My opinion doesn't count. At post surgery appointment Dr. Weiss demeanor is totally different than that at consultation time and at surgery time. I also don't like the cuts he made outside of my eyelid creases. The result made me look older instead of younger(or the words Dr. Weiss like to use in all his ads is "Refresh") Buyers need to be awared. Many medical cases never made it to court due to the fact that the cost and time spend on those cases exceed the amount of money that the attorney will received, so those cases get rejected by attorneys. Comestic surgery lawsuits are on the bottom because it is elective surgery. Most people try to move on to get their botched surgery fix and those like me that cannot will post on the internet to let others be awared. Dr. Weiss must be so angry that people can speak freely the truth about their plastic surgery nightmares created by him. I watched Entertainment, PBS, and HBO botched plastic surgery shows and none of those people can repair those damages that was done to them. Please take your time out to select the right doctor for each procedure you want done. Don't go to them because they offer a discount. Is it worth a discount when there maybe a chance your procedure might be botched?????? I regreted going to him. He is a smooth talker and lack any common sense. Why would I want smaller eyes that make me look older along with his added crows' feet???? I picked him because he listed himself on the web of having over 30 years of plastic surgery when that is only the time as an eye medical doctor The medical board allows him to do plastic surgery with very limited training. That is scarry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The medical board is very relax when it comes to comestic surgery credential and we the buyers are left with messed up faces/bodies.