Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
 |  stitched my lower lids making me looking very strange.  |  show details
by Rob on Sep 24th, 2014

Doctor did not discuss with me what he was going to do. He done something very strange to my lower eyelids. It is hard for me to describe. I thought all oculoplastic surgeons have the same number of years of training, but I guess I was wrong. Not all are created equal. Now I have to paid $15K to have that problem corrected by another oculoplastic surgeon from recommendation of the UCLA medical staff. And "YES" I learn a big lesson not to trust because doctors are now a dime a dozen. The bad ones will tell you what you want to hear, so you feel confident an good, then after surgery you realized it is your money they want and you are out of plenty of money. Your face will never be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!! This doctor will not refund or admit to sloppy work done. I am shocked that he advertised as one of the best comestic eyelids surgeon around. That is false advertisement which he gets away with. Now I have to some how find the 15K to have my lower eyelids madelook less weird and more normal. He done something very, very strange that my new oculoplastic surgeon cannot guarantee that he can fix the problem. New doctor doesn't know what Dr. W. did to me. Dr. W. altered medical record before sending it to my new revision doctor. He pretty much deny he was the one that done the surgery.

|  Result is not what I expected.  |  show details
by C C C on Sep 3rd, 2014

ectropicion is what I got from Dr. Weiss after lower eyelid surgery. He stitched me up super tight and I ended up with lots of wrinkles. For upper eyelid surgery he made a cut that swings upward pass the tail end of my eyebrows and then another one that is about 3/4" to the lateral side of my eyes. My friends can clearly see all the ugly stitch marks. He told me it is in my mind that the result is not good. He said it takes at least 6 months or longer to see the final result. It's been 18 months and other plastic surgeons asked me if I had it done South of the border such as Mexico, etc by someone that is not trained in plastic surgery!!! My result is nothing like what he shows on Youtube , on his website, and his photo albums. He never took any post surgery photos is proof that the result is horrible. Now, I have so much regret. Comestic surgery is a big decision and finding the right doctor is very important. Gee, I am such a big sucker to believe his yelp reviews. Further research show that this doctor didn't have much reviews until 2009. If you look, you will draw the same conclusion that this doctor writes his own reviews.

|  Grandma looks like beauty queen  |  show details
by BlackHairBombShell on Jul 9th, 2014

I am so youthful looking after Dr. Weiss magical touch. He did it exactly right and I look so youthful and good looking. No one believe how old I am. They usually guess me 30 years under. If I am any of you, I look no further for the right surgeon. . Dr. Weiss is the right choice and the only choice. Stop looking and book your appointment with Dr. Weiss today and be so amaze. His consultation is free and ask for a discount. He often gives discount of up to 25% . Check his cheap Groupon deal. It is so amazing and wonderful deal and you cannot beat the price elsewhere. I think Dr. Weiss deserve 10 stars.

|  big brown eyes now small brown eyes  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2014

Dr. Weiss thinks he done an awesome job on my big brown eyes now is smaller and changed their shape. My opinion doesn't count. At post surgery appointment Dr. Weiss demeanor is totally different than that at consultation time and at surgery time. I also don't like the cuts he made outside of my eyelid creases. The result made me look older instead of younger(or the words Dr. Weiss like to use in all his ads is "Refresh") Buyers need to be awared. Many medical cases never made it to court due to the fact that the cost and time spend on those cases exceed the amount of money that the attorney will received, so those cases get rejected by attorneys. Comestic surgery lawsuits are on the bottom because it is elective surgery. Most people try to move on to get their botched surgery fix and those like me that cannot will post on the internet to let others be awared. Dr. Weiss must be so angry that people can speak freely the truth about their plastic surgery nightmares created by him. I watched Entertainment, PBS, and HBO botched plastic surgery shows and none of those people can repair those damages that was done to them. Please take your time out to select the right doctor for each procedure you want done. Don't go to them because they offer a discount. Is it worth a discount when there maybe a chance your procedure might be botched?????? I regreted going to him. He is a smooth talker and lack any common sense. Why would I want smaller eyes that make me look older along with his added crows' feet???? I picked him because he listed himself on the web of having over 30 years of plastic surgery when that is only the time as an eye medical doctor The medical board allows him to do plastic surgery with very limited training. That is scarry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The medical board is very relax when it comes to comestic surgery credential and we the buyers are left with messed up faces/bodies.

|  Forever Young  |  show details
by BurnettMama on May 9th, 2014

Don't go elsewhere .He is so great. He is so attentive. He makes me look decades younger. You go elsewhere and you will regret never to look as good as you can be. It doesn't matter where you are located, please go see Dr. Weiss and be forever beautiful and forever young.

|  Saw Doc for eyelids consultation  |  show details
by nickname FiFi on Mar 21st, 2014

I gone to Dr. Weiss for eyelids consultation. He seem all so nice, but again most are nice when they want your money for lucrative comestic surgery. I gone on to review sites. I gone on many. I did a lot of research and spent months of research and spent a lot of time reading reviews on Realself and MakeMeHeal. Common sense tell me that majority of people usually don't brag about comestic surgery procedures because it is something very private. People do complaint when things go wrong. Unfortunately from my research too many doctors get away with botched surgery or surgery done without informed consent. If people can take their cases to court, then they wouldn't be harping about it on review sites. This is the reason why I will not consider Dr. Richard Weiss to do my eyelids. I am a christian and I feel that I cannot use the service of someone that may have done harm to others and refusing to admit it.

|  It is so amazing and perfect.  |  show details
by Sunshine on Feb 10th, 2014

Dr Weiss is a perfectionist and everything he does is so amazing. Just read all the wonderful reviews and you know it got to be that good!!! All the staff members are so friendly and so courteous. I cannot imagine why some people think not. Dr. Weiss designed my face and I couldn't imagine it can get any better. I am glad I picked Dr. Weiss for all my comestic needs instead of a plastic surgeon. Many of my friends, family members, and aquaintances also got their new faces designed by Dr. Richard A. Weiss and all are so happy and extremely impress the result. Dr. Weiss gave us beauty and our youth back. You should try and be so amaze!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 16th, 2014

This doctor does not like to listen. He thinks he knows what I like and done horrible surgery to my eyelids. He made scars from my eyelids to above my eyebrows and to the lateral sides of my eyes that looks like a grid. I don't have to make any eye movement and I have dynamic wrinkles all over my eyes and it looks like a grid cover both of my eyes and beyond. He told me to pick a picture from a magazine he had at the office to get an idea how I want my eyes to look like. Naturally any patient would think about the height of the crease and nothing else because I paid for eyelid surgery and of course every one wants natural looking eyelids right???, but not Dr. Weiss. He comes up with some strange idea that I would like a huge grid mark and heavy pleats on both of my eyes.

|  lumpy, bumpy ugly cuts and romp like scars that extend to the lateral orbital area.  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2013

My result with this doctor is terrible. My worst nightmare would not be as bad as what this doc, done to me. I have lumpy, bumpy ugly cuts and romp like scars that extend to the lateral orbital area. He created crows' feet onto my face which I didn't have before he touch my face. My lower eyelids look just as bad as my upper eyelids. I have pitched/pleats on my lower eyelids & very noticeable surgical scars there too!!!! Be aware this doctor is doing a lot of advertisement on the internet and off the internet. This is a red flag and I want to warn others about it. Lastly my eyelids are not even. One eyelid is 8mm wider than the other eye. Dr. W. is not a perfectionist and totally the opposite to me.

|  Not returning for sure!  |  show details
by Joe P. on Oct 14th, 2013

This is the worst doc I ever been to. If you believe all those positive reviews than you are a sucker. I was put into one of his exam rooms 30 minutes later than my scheduled appointment, then he came in and said "hello", then walked back out. He came back 10 minutes later. My exam was so brief and he billed my insurance several hundreds of dollars for it. .

|  10 Stars  |  show details
by Jone on Oct 10th, 2013

Dr. Weiss is truly the best there is for all your comestic needs. I couldn't believe he spent over 3 hours with me during my free consultation. I am so surprise he can remember what I am there for without having to write anything down. He is like a mega computer that can store unlimited amount of data. The staff is so courteous and they kept cleaning the place once every 30 minutes. They always made me feel so comfortable and welcome unlike most other doctors' office I been to. Dr. Weiss is on time for all my appointments to the second. He always remember my name and what I was there for. It is so amazing he can do that with so patients. The front desk told me Dr. Weiss has so many patients on his database within U.S.A. plus overseas. He called me weekly post surgery for a month to check on me. He is truly so caring and his surgical skill is top notch. I look so good and this is why I am sharing this information with you. I put my trust into him and without doubt I become a true beauty.

|  60's look like going on early 30's  |  show details
by JW on Sep 13th, 2013

I picked Dr. Weiss out of over 100 doctors I consulted with. Thanks to Dr. Weiss my youth is return in no time.

|  He is truely Fountain of Youth  |  show details
by RW on Sep 4th, 2013

That's right. I am in my 70's and he made me look decades younger. I told all my friends my secret and they all now enjoy that super youthful look, but still walk with canes and walkers. It's all about being youthful and anything physical is of less importance our age range. I wouldn't go to a bad doctor and only the very best of the best. So, don't trust any of the negative reviews and all positive reviews are the real honest reviews.

|  Awesome bottom doc!  |  show details
by Beach Baby on Aug 27th, 2013

I've been a botox patient of Dr Weiss for many years. I never wait long & always have great results. I also want to discount those fake negative reviews. The office is exceptionally clean & modern, the staff & doctor professional and sweet. I am very discerning & would never go to a doctor that was questionable.

|  Truly amazing doctor that can transform all the ugly asian ducklings into a beauty  |  show details
by RAH on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Weiss is an extremely unbelieveable amazing surgon of America. He transformed me into a stunning beauty from no eyes to super big huge eyes. My eyes were like just a dot, and now they look like Dora the Explorer's eye. You know how Asians are, we all have little tiny slanted slit eyes with no eyelid creases and we all want to look like handsome Dr. Weiss or maybe Dora the Explorer (well Dr. Weiss thinks we all want to look like her)? I travel all the time to Asia. The company I work for have locations all over Asia. I travel there frequently. Asian people there asks me all the time who gave me those big bright eyes? The word spreaded so quickly that Doctor Weiss is extremely over booked every month to operate on countless Asians. Asians all agree he is the very best. No one can do eyelids any better than him. Dr. Weiss is a perfectionist and never done any botched jobs. Dr. Weiss is so humble that he won't even tell you that he graduated top of his medical school from Temple University. Look at those wonderful Dora eyes he gave me. This doctor is out of this world and he really rocks man! It is just what I wanted. Asians all over Asia don't won't trust any famous Japanese, Chinese, South Korean, Thai surgons to do their plastic sorgery. Dr. Richard Alan Weiss of Newport Beach, CA is super famous in Asia Dr. Weiss had worked on over 1 million Asian eyelids. Dr. Weiss was the mentor to over 80% South Korean plastic surgons. He shown them his advance technique on eyelid surgery. Chek out Dr. Weiss work on South Korean transgender's eyes Harisu , Park Min Young, Fan Bing Bing, Yuko Ogura, Ayumi Lee, Kumi Koda, Coco Lee, Ayumi Hamasaki, Kim Ajong, Zhang ziyi, and more. This is why Dr. Weiss daily gets plane loaded full of Asians coming from all over Asia just for his miracle work. Better make your appointment soon because there is a waiting list for months.

Doctor's Response

Dear RAH, Thank you for your positive comments. With respect, I would like to clarify a few points. I am thrilled that you are happy with your results, but I have found that for most of my Asian patients the most pleasing result is a more conservative natural non-surgical (and non-Dora) look. But everyone has their own desires and expectations. Also, I cannot confirm that I have operated on all the celebrities that you have mentioned because most of my patients desire complete privacy except for those relative few who have specifically allowed me to use their photos to show to other patients. But thank you for your enthusiasm and kind words! Dr. Weiss

|  Substandard care and office waiting area looks more like a museum  |  show details
by Eric P. on Jul 9th, 2013

I feel that my care under this doctor is substandard and the overall feel of the office looks more like a museum. I almost fell asleep in the waiting area with all those extremely outdated décor. Maybe it is decorated that way because most of Dr. Weiss clients' are seniors??

Doctor's Response

POSSIBLE FAKE REVIEW ALERT: I have reason to believe that this is a fake negative review. Please go to drweiss.com to see and listen to real patients. By the way, my reception area has original contemporary plein air oil paintings by a respected Newport Beach artist. Dr. Weiss

|  Dr. Weiss is the best doc that I've ever been to  |  show details
by Tony R on Jul 8th, 2013

I had a difficult problem and doctor weiss took care of it perfectly. I was messed up by another surgeon and weiss not only fixed the other guys surgery but made me look better than ever! I can't recommend him highly enough. He even called me the night of surgery to check on me.

|  Too much of a rush and will not go back  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

He came in late, then spend a brief moment with me, then left the room. Then someone else came in to gave me my prescription. Not returning to this doc again for sure.

Doctor's Response

FAKE REVIEW ALERT AND SPECIAL OFFER: If this is a real patient, I apologize if I was a bit late. As a doctor, I am never sure what emergencies the day holds or exactly how long a surgery will require but I do take my patient's time seriously and usually do a pretty good job of running on time. However, I have reason to suspect that this is a completely fake review. For quite some time, a single previous patient of more than 15 years ago has been posting (under multiple aliases) extremely negative, completely untrue, slanderous and even profane reviews about myself, my surgical skills, even my family and office in literally hundreds of locations and for various reasons I believe that this is one of the fake reviews written by this person. It is clear from the tone and diction that the patient is extremely upset. I sympathize deeply but want to make it clear again that these vicious postings are COMPLETELY untrue. I know for certain that I have never had a patient that has even close to the type of result that this patient is claiming. In over 26 years I have never had a single legal judgment or settlement against me. I find these comments particularly concerning because I have always prided myself with providing the highest level of ethical health care. As a doctor, my first duty is to my patients and their health. This single patient has impersonated men and women who are even describing procedures that I don't perform. In my entire career I have NEVER had any of the types of problems that this anonymous person has described. I have read through quite a few of essentially the same or similar reviews, posted under various aliases on many different review sites. However, my commitment to my patients is unwavering. As a physician who has been practicing in the same Newport Beach office for over 25 years, I like to let my patients and my peers do the talking for me. Anyone considering our office is more than welcome to examine my full resume, view before and after photos, and watch video testimonials of satisfied patients who receive absolutely NOTHING for their time on drweiss.com. Cosmetic consultations are also FREE and without obligation. I encourage you to set up an appointment, meet with myself and my staff, and truly get an understanding of how we do things. Mention %u2018Fake Review Discount%u2019 and we%u2019ll show our appreciation of your trust by offering you a 10% discount on any procedure (potentially saving over $1,000!) I thought it was important that you at least heard from the other side. My door is always open - I look forward to your visit and guiding you in your health endeavors. Sincerely, Dr. Weiss

|  Great eyelid surgery and caring doctor!  |  show details
by Linda Swinton on May 5th, 2013

I had a GREAT experience! Several of my girlfriends had their eyes done by Dr. Weiss and were all recommending him. I wasn t sure that I wanted anything done at all, but it actually sounded kind of fun so I went in for a consult. Anyway, what a blast! The office girls were great and it was my birthday when I got my consult - so Dr. Weiss and his staff sung Happy Birthday to me while Dr. Weiss played the keyboard. At first I thought it was a little weird, but it was really fun. There was no pressure at all to sign up for surgery. I ended up interviewing several other doctors but I really felt most comfortable with Dr. Weiss. And I didn t need any general anesthesia. We just listened to music and it was done! My eyes look GREAT and I feel 10 years younger. I couldn t be happier. Recommended highly!!!

|  unclean office  |  show details
by Chance on Mar 6th, 2013

The office was very dirty and I am not going back ever again. Dr. Weiss came in late. He him wasn't gentle enough for me. I wouldn't trust him with my pair of eyes.

Doctor's Response

Dear Chance, I apologize if I was a bit late. As a doctor, I am never sure what emergencies the day holds or exactly how long a surgery will require but I do take my patient's time seriously and usually do a pretty good job of running on time. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by not being gentle enough (I've never gotten that feedback before) but of course don't make a habit of roughing up my patients ;). However, I take strong exception to your comment about the state of my office. I take pride in continually evaluating every aspect of my office, particularly including the cleanliness and order of each room. I start out or end many days reminding my staff that I want every room to be as clean as orderly as it would be if a camera crew was coming in to film (which they and I occasionally do.) I would encourage anyone to stop by anytime without advance notice and inspect my facility. Please let me know If I can be of assistance helping you to find someone reputable that you can trust with your eyes. Sincerely, Dr. Weiss

|  Not good doc., but just a super clever businessman  |  show details
by Melanie Weiss on Feb 28th, 2013

He was super nice too me and even sung to me during my upper and lower eyelids surgery. My daughter told me he is very odd. My lower eyelids has pulled too tight and one side droop very badly. My upper eyelids is very uneven. Now I look like I have ptosis (drooping eyel

Doctor's Response

Dear Melanie, Thank you for the 'super nice' compliment. I am sorry that my singing is not up to par. Admittedly, my voice is not great, but I only sing a few bars along with the music that we are listening to when the operation is going perfectly. I don't recall any one of my patients eyelids 'drooping very badly' or 'very uneven upper lids, but I would be happy to take a look (at no charge, of course) and see what I can do to make you more perfect. Eyelid surgery occasionally requres a small nip or tuck revision to make things more perfect. This is part of the process. So please don't remain unhappy. I have never had a patient who I could not improve with an enhancement procedure. No singing this time, I promise! Best regards, Dr. Weiss

|  Dr. Richard Weiss is Excellent  |  show details
by sam n on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Weiss was amazing. I appreciate all of his effort. Going far beyond the call of duty to the point where he not only explain in details of what he will do, but in a careful simple language that even I understood despite my English being not my primary language. The operation was a complete success and the care I received during and even after the operation was amazing. No surprises and everything went according to what he predicted. I guess the question is, if I had to do it again, would I choose Dr. Weiss? The answer is YES, with no hesitation. I would do it over again and would make sure I choose Dr. Weiss. Thank you Dr. Weiss for everything. Words will not express my thanks and gratitude. I will remember you in my prayers and thoughts. May you be blessed. Thank you Sam

|  Dr. Richard Weiss  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

Three months ago I had a very difficult eye situation that I don't believe that anyone but Dr. Weiss could have figured out and addressed in such an inventive and professional manner. It concerned fixing two of my eye lids on my skin which is extremely thin and sensitive. His care and concern was to be marveled at. I felt that I was his only patient and that he thought day and night about how to best complete the procedure.I couldn't be happier with Dr. Weiss's expertise!!!

|  deformed my eyes and eye brows  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jun 14th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I figured that they are nice cuz they want my business, but after surgery was so disappointing, the staff members tells me how great I look. I ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  great doc  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

Dr. Weiss is my man! He transformed me into a beauty. I took my friends advice and contacted him. Not only is he great but compassionate and handsome.

|  YES, I get Botox and I love it!!!  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

Dr. Weiss has been doing my Botox for almost four years. As I was telling on of my friends this morning, he is the only doctor that I have gone to for this. I have NEVER had a bruise, I have NEVER had a droopy eyelid, and I always LOVE my results so why should I go anywhere else, right? I get a little weirded out by my friends that go to different docs based on what "coupon offer" they find. Yikes!I have a few friends that have come with me and they have had great results, too. I have one friend who has had major cosmetic eye surgery from him and after 16 years still looks FAB.The office staff is very sweet and I have never had to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen.5 stars and I'm picky!

|  great upper eyelid surgery  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

I had fabulous results for my upper eyelid surgery.I will never regret going to Dr Weiss. Before,eyeliner and shadow were not even visable.My kids hung own and were uneven.My eyes look beautiful. But as with any sugery, people heal differently and results are not the same for everyone. You can't always blame the doctor. For me, the surgery was wonderful. But Any fool knows with surgery there is always a risk.

Feb 16th, 2012

I love this office! The doctor is very kind and takes his time with you. The staff is very helpful.

|  Botox by Dr. Richard A. Weiss made me look like a stroke victim  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jan 5th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I got botox from him. I look horrible. I look like a severe stroke victim. Luckily the botox all disapeared within 2 months time. Gee! This is what ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Doc shouldn't be doing any comestic/plastic surgery  |  show details
by Anonymous on Dec 4th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I an big dumbo believing all the wonderful reviews about this doctor. I don't even know any of these people that gave him wonderful reviews. I di ...

|  Upper and lower eyelids surgery.  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

\

|  After surgery my eyes are smaller and I looked older  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 21st, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I am in my 40's hoping to look younger. Who wouldn't want to appear younger than their real age??? I saw wonderful reviews of Dr. Weiss, t ...

|  No relation. Just a patient.  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 8th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I just had upper blepharoplasty done by Dr. Weiss. The results are amazing! My eyelids were so loose in my mid-40s that my eyes looked like slits. ...

|  Dr. Weiss you're the best!  |  show details
by kr on Nov 8th, 2010

I had lower eyelid surgery with Dr. Weiss 9/08. The entire process was great, everyone was so freindly. Having my surgery in the office was very comfortable, I had no pain, Dr. Weiss and Klara made sure I didn't feel a thing. I attended my neices wedding 3 weeks after surgery, I looked alert, and refreshed no one knew I had surgery they did say I looked great though!Thank you so much Dr. Weiss your the best!

|  my eyelids surgery was terrible.  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 13th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I had my eyelids done by him a few years ago. It is horrible. He cut into the lateral sides of my eyes given me scars which made it too obvious that ...

|  What a doc!  |  show details
by Barb S on Sep 24th, 2010

What a doc! I love him and the cosmetic eyelid procedure that I had made me look years younger. I would highly recommend him.

|  Best blepharoplasty surgeon I've ever seen the results of  |  show details
by Kelly S on Aug 22nd, 2010

I work in a salon so I see a lot of women who have had plastic surgery, and I can tell you that the eyes are the hardest thing to get just right. After watching and listening to patients for over 20 years, I've decided that Dr. Richard Weiss of Newport Beach has the best technique and is the one that the patients rave about the most. So I went in for an opinion, and my clients were right! His staff immediately made me feel like one of the family. It was my birthday and Dr. Weiss even played me Happy Birthday on his keyboard while the staff sung!!! I decided to have my upper and lower lids done and the process was just TOO easy. I was kind of apprehensive before but Dr. Weiss' manner put me right at ease. I hardly bruised at all and was back to work in 4d (Dr. Weiss told me to take it easy for a week, but I need the income and I looked so good with hardly any bruising so I went in to work. Aside from being a little puffy, I was fine. I would recommend Dr. Weiss very highly - he even did surgery on President Mandela!

by Sunshine on Jul 19th, 2010

I have had all great experiences with Dr. Weiss, he has done my eyelids and been doing my injections for years wouldn't go to anyone else. He is the best!!!!

|  Great experience with Dr. Weiss  |  show details
by Paul Olsen on Jul 11th, 2010

Dr. Weiss really cared about me. I was nervous, but he took the time to explain my eyelid surgery and put me at ease. Now I look much better.

|  dr. weiss can turn back the clock and make you 40 years younger  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 24th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I am not related to Dr. Richard Alan Weiss and he didn't paid me to write this I am not Dr. Weiss himself. You must believe my review and all o ...

|  Awful forehead lift.  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 19th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I had my eyebrow lift AKA forehead lift done by Dr. Richard Alan Weiss out in Newport Beach. The result is horrible and unacceptable. He pulled my ey ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  He burnt my skin during skin resurfacing  |  show details
May 17th, 2010

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone. He burnt my skin and didn't take responsibility for it. He set the laser setting too high for my skin type.