A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Abdo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Abdo, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Abdo, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Abdo graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abdo has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Largo Medical Center
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Clearwater
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abdo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Humana - 30 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard V. Abdo practice?
Dr. Richard Abdo practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, and Orthopaedic Trauma near Clearwater, FL.
See Clearwater Surgeons and Clearwater Orthopedic Surgeons.