A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Abdo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Abdo, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abdo
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abdo Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Abdo, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Abdo graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abdo has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Largo Medical Center
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Clearwater
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Victor Abdo MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Trauma, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard V. Abdo practice?
- Dr. Richard Abdo has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Abdo practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Trauma, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine near Saint Petersburg, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Clearwater, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Orthopedic Surgeons and Saint Petersburg Surgeons.