Richard Abramson MD Patient Reviews

November 22nd, 2013
needs a lesson in bed side manner
Dictated while child was in room and made comments that were very upsetting to child, Nemours could due without.

March 30th, 2013
mother of patient
Dr. Abramson treated my son and has been following him for a few years. He is the best! He is very thorough and explains everything in detail. He made him feel at ease as I was so worried about my son with this kidney disorder and now he is completely cured because of Dr.Abramson!

April 27th, 2012
My 19 month son was sen by Dr. Abramson for an infection of the foreskin, possible urinary tract infection. Upon exam, he informed us our son has Phimosis, and will need a circumsion ASAP. Otherwise, this infection will recurr, and he could sustain kidney damage. He was a bit aggressive at scheduling the procedure immediately. We decided on getting a second opinion, and saw Dr. Feber from Beaumont. Our son was examined by two pediatric urologists at that office visit with Dr. Feber, and they both agreed my son was "fine" , and did not have severe Phimosis, and did not need a circumcision. They Both basically told us he was misdiagnosed. We have since canceled the surgery with Dr. Abramson, and going with the TWo second opinions. His resume leads one to believe his decisions should be trusted, but it sure puts a doubt in my mind after receiving an assessment from two other docs that disagreed with him. He was polite, and informative for the info he felt was important, but he did not make any effort to speak to my son, or interact with him. Other than the physical assessment, he did not once look directly at my son, speak to him, or attempt any interaction. In total, we have seen 4urologists, and he was the only one who displayed this behaviour. It just felt odd, silence he is a "paediatric" urologist.

October 1st, 2010
A fine doctor
Dr. Abramson did a fine job of diagnosing and treating my daughter's VUR. He gave us all of our options for treatments, gave us pros and cons for each and let us decide how to proceed. When we decided on a course of action, the doctor performed the prescribed procedure with great skill and gave great information as well as his personal pager number at the conclusion. We are very happy with Dr. Abramson.

March 19th, 2010
No concern for children
Dr Abramson was bumbling and started talking about a patient who had cancer 20 years ago to my 15 year old, underlying that he might have the same thing with not more than a written description that was sent from the pediatrician. He then turned to me and asked me if I was mad at him. What kind of doctor does this? Think twice. Needless to say we are getting a second opinion. I recommend the same to the rest of you.

May 18th, 2009
Amazing Doc
My daughter was diagnosed with vesicular ureteral reflux-grade 3 at 3 mos. old and has been on antibiotics until now (2 yrs). Dr. Abramson performed "deflux" on her and cured her. No scars, no hospitalization, and no more antibiotics. He was wonderful, answered all of our questions and was precise, kind, compassionate and thorough. He was also VERY available after he performed the procedure via a personal pager for any questions we might have had. When dealing with your most precious possession (your child) you want the best-Dr. Abramson is...

March 27th, 2009
Excellent Pediatric Urologist
Dr. Abramson helped my daughter over the course of a few years. He is a great doctor, and we will always be grateful to him for all he's done for her.