A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ackart:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ackart, MD is board certified in Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Ackart graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem.
Dr. Ackart has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ackart accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 33 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans