Dr. Richard Allen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 11th, 2016
Dr. Richard Allen is very professional, and he has a good team of staff that respond to your concerns of questions aim a timely manner

October 3rd, 2014
BEWARE
This doctor is beyond bad. He made so many problems for me I had to open an investigation with my health insurance. Long story short, he prescribed me a few medications couple didn't work and one did... I took it perfectly as prescribed... Then I get a referral for pain management saying I had an "opioid dependency" this was NEVER discussed between him and I, and I had been on the medication for two weeks. I didn't even know you could get addicted to medication in two weeks. He's garbage. He's a WUSS. Just an FYI.... I have arthritis in my spine and a 3 1/2 year running dislocated tailbone. My pain is very real. If you have any type of pain issues and get assigned to this doctor, call your insurance ASAP and switch it. Oh and to add to this weirdo, in front of my father, told me to watch for a rash on my back that I might have herpes, after I told him I was having mid level right side back pain. WWWWWWHHHHHHAT? Who gave this man his license. My husband warned me about him and told me how bad he heard he was... First appointment was such a front and I wish I could delete my initial review and had just waited. He's horrible and he's a liar and he's a wus. Beware of him. He will try and ruin your life. Oh and look out for his little witch workin in there named April, she laughed when I mentioned how mad I was that they couldn't take my notes to the doctor right and how much pain I was in. I bet Allen hired her. High Desert did NOTHING about any of the above either. I sent a few emails and they did nothing to right any wrong. Thank goodness I'm back with Sierra Medical Group, staff, doctors.... A BILLION times better. Please believe this and don't take a chance. I hope his license is stripped soon.

August 1st, 2014
Most thorough appointment I've had in a while!
I was a last minute appointment about an hour and 15 min before they closed, it was probably 4:30 when I saw him, and even though they were closing in 30 minutes, nothing felt rushed. He seemed truly concerned about my well being. The office staff was nice. Cute movie in the waiting room and interesting Time magazines in the patient room. I'm very pleased. Good doctors that truly care are hard to come by.