Dr. Richard Altesman MD Patient Reviews

1.9

October 9th, 2015
Terrible doctor. First of all he called my prescription in to my pharmacy WRONG TWICE!! I take 40 mgs of Prozac a day ( which he put me on) and he wrote for only 20 mgs once a day. So I had to pay out of pocket for my medicine since obviously I used the medicine faster than my refill and insurance would pay for. The second time it happened my pharmacy faxed the doctor to change the prescription and he never responded to them so I had to pay out of pocket AGAIN!! I am currently seeking a new psychiatrist This same visit I had along my infant son and 3 year old son. I was getting them ready to go into the office (which was taking maybe 20 seconds) and he said, "Christina please!" Then when I got into his office, my 3 year old walked over to him to say hello and he shouted, "oh stay away, stay away" (as he as moving away from my child.) my son thought he had done something wrong. He then explained he was visiting g his grandchildren and didn't want to "catch anything". Terrible bedside manner

September 21st, 2015
This guy is a jerk.

September 21st, 2015
HE SHOULD RETIRE
HE IS RUDE, DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, ONLY MONEY. I HAVE SEEN HIM MAKE KIDS CRY OR PEOPLE LEAVE HIS OFFICE WITH MORE ANXIETY THAN BEFORE GOING IN. HE REFUSES TO TALK TO ANY OF HIS PATIENTS ON THE PHONE, HE WILL NOT WRITE LETTERS FOR HIS PATIENTS FOR SCHOOL, WORK, ETC. I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GO SEE THIS MAN AGAIN

September 16th, 2015
Arrogance
Dr. Altesman is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. My husband and I both saw him. He did not listen, made ignorant assumptions and was very patronizing. I had been on the same medications for at least 10 years, and was fine. He wanted me to change both my meds, and went way overboard pressing his case. I tried his suggestions and found them lacking. In the end, it was his refusal to prescribe 1 mg of conazepam, which I had found to be the only way to get to sleep at night, "because" it was a controlled substance. It worked for me, I never abused it. Too much paperwork?

June 22nd, 2011
Richard Altesman
It is always hard to get an appointment with specialist fist time. But after my first and the only visit I decided never come to that Doctor again. His seems to enjoy to humiliate and insult people.

January 16th, 2011
Find a different doc
He makes snap judgements without listening to patient. Writes a script and pushes you out the door. Doesn't seem to care about patient at all. I saw him several times and never felt that he remembered seeing me before.

August 5th, 2010
Excellent with meds management, otherwise...
Dr. Altesman comes across as a condescending, arrogant know-it-all. He doesn't relate well to women, but is ok with men. He is superb at helping you work out the best medication(s) for your condition. However, he is impatient, and I would never use him as a therapist.

May 26th, 2010
DISGRACEFUL DOCTOR.
UNCARING. EGOIST. CONDESCENDING. TRIED TO ARGUE WITH ME OVER POLITICAL ISSUES DURING OUR SESSION. ASKED ME TO LEAVE WHEN I DISAGREED WITH HIM. I CAME TO GET HELP, NOT MEET BILL O'REILLY.SOMEONE NEEDS TO REVOKE HIS MEDICAL LICENSE.

April 5th, 2010
Dr Altesman is the first psychopharmacologist I've seen that hit the diagnosis correctly immediately and recommended the correct treatment. I have seen others who failed me. He is NOT a therapist, and referred me to see a therapist separately. It took me a while to understand the difference, and initially expected more time with "my" psychiatrist. Once I understood this it all made much more sense. I have recommended Dr Altesman to several family members and they all have appreciated the recommendation.

May 28th, 2009
This Doctor is a disgrace
I am a professional who has dealt with Dr Altesman on several occassions. Unfortunately Dr Altesman seems to be in the wrong profession. He is extremely controlling, manipulative and condenscending to his patients and I find it repulsive. His purpose should be to help his patients, not intimidate them.I know of at least 4 patients who have refused to deal with him because of how they have been treated in his office. The concensus seems to be that he is a bully who hides behind his title to hurt the most vulnerable. Truly a disgrace to the profession as a whole.