A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Alvarez is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Alvarez, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Cartersville Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alvarez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health One Alliance - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 3 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard G. Alvarez practice?
Dr. Richard Alvarez practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Chattanooga, TN.
See Chattanooga Surgeons.