Dr. Richard Angrist Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Richard Angrist?

Wow

Posted on October 5th, 2017

Can not believe the way he spoke to his staff in front of patients. Exam rooms over crowded with garbage. Lack of compassion. Have no diagnosis

Not a doctor

Posted on January 10th, 2017

Very rude to staff I front office

Please go there if you have a common contagious eye disease to treat

Posted on May 27th, 2016

I had a pink eye to treat and it is contagious. My son brought it from school, then it went to entire family. Anyway, it is good that they gave me quick appointment. But just after entering the office I became untouchable. They gave a pair of gloves to wear and pretty much stopping me to touch anything. I believe it may be good for the other visitors but I felt like "one of a kind". In his exam room he tried to put eye drops from two feet above and missed three drops to succeed eventually. He called a nurse standby with disinfectant in her hand. She is cleaning up everything immediately after my touch. Here is the best. I threw the tissues after wiping the eye drops in the trash. The nurse immediately removed the entire trash bag. What a high level of precaution. Next, the test was thirty seconds or less - I have a viral infection. He prescribed two eye drops and almost pushed me out of the office. For sure this is my first and last visit to his office but I am giving a full five stars for this exceptional precaution against spreading out the common disease.

waste of time

Posted on January 28th, 2015

Waited for an hour, rude staff, dirty old equipment, staff gossiping, dr gave no prognosis

Posted on January 26th, 2015

Has you come every other week just to bill you more! Don't bother, he doesn't care

avoid

Posted on September 11th, 2014

Avoid if possible. He is bad at writing glasses and contacts prescriptions. The glass lenses he prescribed for me were too strong and made everything appear smaller than normal. Also, he didn't ask me which contacts were tolerable for me, he just prescribed random ones which dried my eyes out. On top of all that, I got attacked in his office by one of his racist patients. And instead of standing up and protecting me, he let that patient sneak out the back door before cops arrived. Please do yourself a favor and avoid if you need contacts or glasses! Surgery? I've heard he is better at that than prescribing lenses.

Strange experience overall

Posted on June 26th, 2014

Just didn't feel right about this whole experience. It begins when you first walk in. Open style storefront clinic type waiting room full of people. Around all three walls of the sitting area are framed magazine covers featuring the doctor, spaced about 1 ft. apart. I can see diplomas, awards, etc. being featured in the waiting room, but magazine covers? Around the entire room? A bit egocentric if you ask me. When it's time to be seen you are directed to a smaller waiting area outside the exam rooms where you are literally rubbing elbows with other patients. Worse than the subway, and you can you can basically hear everything going on from the exam rooms. Regardless of the fact that it's an ophthalmology office (nothing too racy being discussed) a patient is entitled to a private experience. Everyone seemed "busy" hustling back and forth thru the hallway where we were sitting, but I never really saw anything getting done. (Maybe that's the manager in me...) The exam rooms were spacious but appeared hodgepodge. Like the equipment was just plopped in the middle of the room. Again, can only compare it to a clinic atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying an office should be total luxury (which would be filtered down into my bill), but it should give you a sense of security, competency. I felt it was just plain weird. Did not realize my visit would include a vision exam from an optometrist (or tech). Felt this should be mentioned to patients and give them an opportunity to accept or decline. The person I had did not seem very qualified. I have gotten more thorough exams from my regular optical office. In fact this person only made me read the bottom lines (which I could barely make out) all while he's asking me which lens is clearer. I told him I couldn't actually tell without seeing the other lines and comparing one to another a few times, but he was just focused on the bottom line- and that's it. When I walked out I felt this could not possibly have been an accurate assessment and I was correct. When I got my glasses made the prescription was totally off. I'm going back to my regular guy to correct it. I was also referred to a retina specialist which just so happened to be seeing patients in his office the next day. Seems everyone else had to see him as well, heard other patients booking an appt. I did see the retinal person, and although I did not have anything serious going on, just regular age related floaters - this guy now says I should come back in 2 months. For what??? I don't know, just seemed like they wanted to book extra appointments for no real reason. I never seem to trust a doctor that tells me come back in "X" months....just "because".... He may be an excellent, knowledgeable doctor, but the warehouse atmosphere, waiting room photos, and casual referral to another doctor just made me feel weird. Maybe this is just the new direction of healthcare in this country.

Posted on July 16th, 2012

I still have my eyesight thanks to Dr. Angrist. I have been his patient for almost 25 years and travel from Pennsylvania to New Jersey to keep him as my eye doctor.

professional

Posted on July 13th, 2012

the front office staff should learn to be more professional. they act aas if theyare doing you a favor. very unfriendle & cold. they seem to rush youand make it seem likeyou are bothering them with your questions. the medical staff on the other hand is very professional

Posted on June 1st, 2012

Both Dr. Angrist and his staff are professional and caring. Dr. Angrist is truly a top doctor.

Terrible!

Posted on May 25th, 2012

Dr Angrist and his staff (with the exception of the receptionists were all very rude and borderline nasty. He was chomping on saltines (mouth wide open like a cow)during my exam, barely spoke to me, when he wanted me to lean forward he just pushed my head forward instead of speaking to me. Absolutely awful experience, I will be calling my insurance co 1st thing in the morning on this one!

Posted on January 29th, 2012

Excellent staff and a top doctor. The doctor and staff were very professional and answered all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Angrist.