3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Please go there if you have a common contagious eye disease to treat show details Please go there if you have a common contagious eye disease to treat
May 27th, 2016

I had a pink eye to treat and it is contagious. My son brought it from school, then it went to entire family. Anyway, it is good that they gave me quick appointment. But just after entering the office I became untouchable. They gave a pair of gloves to wear and pretty much stopping me to touch anything. I believe it may be good for the other visitors but I felt like "one of a kind". In his exam room he tried to put eye drops from two feet above and missed three drops to succeed eventually. He called a nurse standby with disinfectant in her hand. She is cleaning up everything immediately after my touch. Here is the best. I threw the tissues after wiping the eye drops in the trash. The nurse immediately removed the entire trash bag. What a high level of precaution. Next, the test was thirty seconds or less - I have a viral infection. He prescribed two eye drops and almost pushed me out of the office. For sure this is my first and last visit to his office but I am giving a full five stars for this exceptional precaution against spreading out the common disease.

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
Dec 6th, 2015

Patient confidentiality - none They do your workup with other patients and staff in room. Another patient was doing a test while I was being asked questions. Exam rooms are cluttered with boxes. Patient charts are with in your reach. No patient confidentiality here!

waste of time show details waste of time
Jan 28th, 2015

Waited for an hour, rude staff, dirty old equipment, staff gossiping, dr gave no prognosis

Jan 26th, 2015

Has you come every other week just to bill you more! Don't bother, he doesn't care

avoid show details avoid
Sep 11th, 2014

Avoid if possible. He is bad at writing glasses and contacts prescriptions. The glass lenses he prescribed for me were too strong and made everything appear smaller than normal. Also, he didn't ask me which contacts were tolerable for me, he just prescribed random ones which dried my eyes out. On top of all that, I got attacked in his office by one of his racist patients. And instead of standing up and protecting me, he let that patient sneak out the back door before cops arrived. Please do yourself a favor and avoid if you need contacts or glasses! Surgery? I've heard he is better at that than prescribing lenses.

Strange experience overall show details Strange experience overall
by Joy F.. on Jun 26th, 2014

Just didn't feel right about this whole experience. It begins when you first walk in. Open style storefront clinic type waiting room full of people. Around all three walls of the sitting area are framed magazine covers featuring the doctor, spaced about 1 ft. apart. I can see diplomas, awards, etc. being featured in the waiting room, but magazine covers? Around the entire room? A bit egocentric if you ask me. When it's time to be seen you are directed to a smaller waiting area outside the exam rooms where you are literally rubbing elbows with other patients. Worse than the subway, and you can you can basically hear everything going on from the exam rooms. Regardless of the fact that it's an ophthalmology office (nothing too racy being discussed) a patient is entitled to a private experience. Everyone seemed "busy" hustling back and forth thru the hallway where we were sitting, but I never really saw anything getting done. (Maybe that's the manager in me...) The exam rooms were spacious but appeared hodgepodge. Like the equipment was just plopped in the middle of the room. Again, can only compare it to a clinic atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying an office should be total luxury (which would be filtered down into my bill), but it should give you a sense of security, competency. I felt it was just plain weird. Did not realize my visit would include a vision exam from an optometrist (or tech). Felt this should be mentioned to patients and give them an opportunity to accept or decline. The person I had did not seem very qualified. I have gotten more thorough exams from my regular optical office. In fact this person only made me read the bottom lines (which I could barely make out) all while he's asking me which lens is clearer. I told him I couldn't actually tell without seeing the other lines and comparing one to another a few times, but he was just focused on the bottom line- and that's it. When I walked out I felt this could not possibly have been an accurate assessment and I was correct. When I got my glasses made the prescription was totally off. I'm going back to my regular guy to correct it. I was also referred to a retina specialist which just so happened to be seeing patients in his office the next day. Seems everyone else had to see him as well, heard other patients booking an appt. I did see the retinal person, and although I did not have anything serious going on, just regular age related floaters - this guy now says I should come back in 2 months. For what??? I don't know, just seemed like they wanted to book extra appointments for no real reason. I never seem to trust a doctor that tells me come back in "X" months....just "because".... He may be an excellent, knowledgeable doctor, but the warehouse atmosphere, waiting room photos, and casual referral to another doctor just made me feel weird. Maybe this is just the new direction of healthcare in this country.

Jul 16th, 2012

I still have my eyesight thanks to Dr. Angrist. I have been his patient for almost 25 years and travel from Pennsylvania to New Jersey to keep him as my eye doctor.

professional show details professional
Jul 13th, 2012

the front office staff should learn to be more professional. they act aas if theyare doing you a favor. very unfriendle & cold. they seem to rush youand make it seem likeyou are bothering them with your questions. the medical staff on the other hand is very professional

Jun 1st, 2012

Both Dr. Angrist and his staff are professional and caring. Dr. Angrist is truly a top doctor.

Terrible! show details Terrible!
May 24th, 2012

Dr Angrist and his staff (with the exception of the receptionists were all very rude and borderline nasty. He was chomping on saltines (mouth wide open like a cow)during my exam, barely spoke to me, when he wanted me to lean forward he just pushed my head forward instead of speaking to me. Absolutely awful experience, I will be calling my insurance co 1st thing in the morning on this one!

Jan 29th, 2012

Excellent staff and a top doctor. The doctor and staff were very professional and answered all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Angrist.

Bad show details Bad
Jan 17th, 2012

This was not a good experience at all. He didn't seem to care and wasn't competent at all. He didn't take a history from me, ask me any of the basic questions, and literally spent five minutes with me. I wasn't satisfied at all and really didn't trust anything he said anyway.

Horriable show details Horriable
Jan 7th, 2012

All I can say was OMG!!! RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!To staff and patients!

Dec 20th, 2011

I can not say enough about Dr. ANGRIST. he is one of the best, in my book

Dec 20th, 2011

Excellent experience overall

Worst bedside manner I've ever seen show details Worst bedside manner I've ever seen
Dec 16th, 2011

Dr. Angrist was curt and angry at the appointment. He did not seem to appreciate my questions and refused to hear my opinions, only saying "This is what you need to do." Who needs a doctor who isn't interested in his patients as real people and not just a collection of symptoms?

Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had at a Dr.'s office show details Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had at a Dr.'s office
Dec 10th, 2010

This visit was undoubtably the worst experience I've ever had a a doctor's office. Upon arrival, the waiting room was a disorganized zoo. Dr. Angrist was running around between examining rooms and barely gave me any attention at all. His optometrists were snippy, borderline fresh, condescending, and very difficult to understand. One of them accused me of mixing up my contact lenses and suggested I've been wearing each one in the wrong eye for years (upon a later visit with a more competent opthamology office this was proven untrue). The optometrist at Angrist's office gave me a completely wrong prescription for both contacts and glasses. Another optometrist gave me a dirty and used contact lens case to take out my contacts during an eye exam, and he chastised me for not bringing my own. All in all this was a horrific experience at a doctor's office.

YOU LOSE 4 PATIENTS FROM YOUR LACK OF SENSITIVITY. show details YOU LOSE 4 PATIENTS FROM YOUR LACK OF SENSITIVITY.
by Anonymous on Dec 23rd, 2009 on doctor.com

I am totally disappointed in the way you and your staff handles patients' needs. There are no signs nor does your mute staff provide any guidance or ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
You lose 4 patients from your lack of sensitivity ... show details You lose 4 patients from your lack of sensitivity ...
Dec 23rd, 2009

I am totally disappointed in the way you and your staff handles patients' needs.There are no signs not does you mute staff provide any guidance or information. You and your staff expects new patients to read your minds or know the "rules" in your office. You paperwork doesn't state what you need from the patient either.Never will any of the members of my family and extended family and friends will be coming to you.Thank you.

Jul 13th, 2009

Quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor (I probably should not even refer to him as a doctor) Horrible!