Ophthalmologists, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
Address Not Verified
Somerset, NJ 08873
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  avoid  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2014

Avoid if possible. He is bad at writing glasses and contacts prescriptions. The glass lenses he prescribed for me were too strong and made everything appear smaller than normal. Also, he didn't ask me which contacts were tolerable for me, he just prescribed random ones which dried my eyes out. On top of all that, I got attacked in his office by one of his racist patients. And instead of standing up and protecting me, he let that patient sneak out the back door before cops arrived. Please do yourself a favor and avoid if you need contacts or glasses! Surgery? I've heard he is better at that than prescribing lenses.

|  Strange experience overall  |  show details
by Joy F.. on Jun 26th, 2014

Just didn't feel right about this whole experience. It begins when you first walk in. Open style storefront clinic type waiting room full of people. Around all three walls of the sitting area are framed magazine covers featuring the doctor, spaced about 1 ft. apart. I can see diplomas, awards, etc. being featured in the waiting room, but magazine covers? Around the entire room? A bit egocentric if you ask me. When it's time to be seen you are directed to a smaller waiting area outside the exam rooms where you are literally rubbing elbows with other patients. Worse than the subway, and you can you can basically hear everything going on from the exam rooms. Regardless of the fact that it's an ophthalmology office (nothing too racy being discussed) a patient is entitled to a private experience. Everyone seemed "busy" hustling back and forth thru the hallway where we were sitting, but I never really saw anything getting done. (Maybe that's the manager in me...) The exam rooms were spacious but appeared hodgepodge. Like the equipment was just plopped in the middle of the room. Again, can only compare it to a clinic atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying an office should be total luxury (which would be filtered down into my bill), but it should give you a sense of security, competency. I felt it was just plain weird. Did not realize my visit would include a vision exam from an optometrist (or tech). Felt this should be mentioned to patients and give them an opportunity to accept or decline. The person I had did not seem very qualified. I have gotten more thorough exams from my regular optical office. In fact this person only made me read the bottom lines (which I could barely make out) all while he's asking me which lens is clearer. I told him I couldn't actually tell without seeing the other lines and comparing one to another a few times, but he was just focused on the bottom line- and that's it. When I walked out I felt this could not possibly have been an accurate assessment and I was correct. When I got my glasses made the prescription was totally off. I'm going back to my regular guy to correct it. I was also referred to a retina specialist which just so happened to be seeing patients in his office the next day. Seems everyone else had to see him as well, heard other patients booking an appt. I did see the retinal person, and although I did not have anything serious going on, just regular age related floaters - this guy now says I should come back in 2 months. For what??? I don't know, just seemed like they wanted to book extra appointments for no real reason. I never seem to trust a doctor that tells me come back in "X" months....just "because".... He may be an excellent, knowledgeable doctor, but the warehouse atmosphere, waiting room photos, and casual referral to another doctor just made me feel weird. Maybe this is just the new direction of healthcare in this country.

Jan 16th, 2013

HAHA. A few years ago, I reported him to 'The Board' because he refused to give me my prescription. He wanted me to buy glasses and contacts via his 'shoppe.' SHame on you, doctor. It's against the law to do that..andI'm sure you got hit with a hefty fine. I called the week later for a follow up question and your staff said "Oh, yes we know who you are..' :)

Jul 16th, 2012

I still have my eyesight thanks to Dr. Angrist. I have been his patient for almost 25 years and travel from Pennsylvania to New Jersey to keep him as my eye doctor.

|  professional  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

the front office staff should learn to be more professional. they act aas if theyare doing you a favor. very unfriendle & cold. they seem to rush youand make it seem likeyou are bothering them with your questions. the medical staff on the other hand is very professional

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

I went to Dr. Angrist for the first time on 6/22/12. His staff was friendly and warm. His office had all the modern equipment that you can imagine, and Dr. Angrist was friendly, had a wonderful bedside manner which is important, explained my situation and had a sense of humor. I would reccomend Dr. Angrist to my friends and family, he is a terrific doctor.

Jun 1st, 2012

Both Dr. Angrist and his staff are professional and caring. Dr. Angrist is truly a top doctor.

|  Terrible!  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

Dr Angrist and his staff (with the exception of the receptionists were all very rude and borderline nasty. He was chomping on saltines (mouth wide open like a cow)during my exam, barely spoke to me, when he wanted me to lean forward he just pushed my head forward instead of speaking to me. Absolutely awful experience, I will be calling my insurance co 1st thing in the morning on this one!

Jan 29th, 2012

Excellent staff and a top doctor. The doctor and staff were very professional and answered all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Angrist.

|  Bad  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

This was not a good experience at all. He didn't seem to care and wasn't competent at all. He didn't take a history from me, ask me any of the basic questions, and literally spent five minutes with me. I wasn't satisfied at all and really didn't trust anything he said anyway.

|  Horriable  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

All I can say was OMG!!! RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!To staff and patients!

Dec 20th, 2011

I can not say enough about Dr. ANGRIST. he is one of the best, in my book

Dec 20th, 2011

Excellent experience overall

|  Worst bedside manner I've ever seen  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

Dr. Angrist was curt and angry at the appointment. He did not seem to appreciate my questions and refused to hear my opinions, only saying "This is what you need to do." Who needs a doctor who isn't interested in his patients as real people and not just a collection of symptoms?

Jul 7th, 2011

Dr. Angrist is the most professional, caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure of caring for my eyes. He always takes the time to hear any of my concerns and with my recent cataract surgery of both eyes he made me feel confident and calm. The operations went off without any problems and I know that is due to his caring and professional way with his patients. Wonderful doctor!! Pat Grieci, Brick, NJ

|  Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had at a Dr.'s office  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

This visit was undoubtably the worst experience I've ever had a a doctor's office. Upon arrival, the waiting room was a disorganized zoo. Dr. Angrist was running around between examining rooms and barely gave me any attention at all. His optometrists were snippy, borderline fresh, condescending, and very difficult to understand. One of them accused me of mixing up my contact lenses and suggested I've been wearing each one in the wrong eye for years (upon a later visit with a more competent opthamology office this was proven untrue). The optometrist at Angrist's office gave me a completely wrong prescription for both contacts and glasses. Another optometrist gave me a dirty and used contact lens case to take out my contacts during an eye exam, and he chastised me for not bringing my own. All in all this was a horrific experience at a doctor's office.

|  Con-Artist  |  show details
May 12th, 2010

Who does he think he's kidding! I go in for a Routine appt. I have no complaints. He decided he's going to stick a needle in my eye? Then tells me to sign a few consent form with out dating them. Why would I sign something without a name and date on them. He was very Rude after I wouldn't sign them. He didn't even expalin to me why or what he was going to do to me. I called my insurance company to report him! CON!!!

|  You lose 4 patients from your lack of sensitivity ...  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

I am totally disappointed in the way you and your staff handles patients' needs.There are no signs not does you mute staff provide any guidance or information. You and your staff expects new patients to read your minds or know the "rules" in your office. You paperwork doesn't state what you need from the patient either.Never will any of the members of my family and extended family and friends will be coming to you.Thank you.

Jul 13th, 2009

Quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor (I probably should not even refer to him as a doctor) Horrible!