A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Appel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Appel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Appel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- AIDS-Associated Nephropathy
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Appel graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem.
Dr. Appel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
- High Point Regional Hospital
- High Point Regional Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Appel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans