Dr. Richard Areen MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2011
Great Results
I had chronic sinus infections that I could never get rid of with antibiotics. I got referred to Dr. Areen and he took CT scans and showed me how my deviated septum was blocking my sinuses, causing my chronic infections. He gave me several options, including surgery which I opted for. The surgery was extremely painful, which he prepared me for, but the results were life-changing. Dr. Areen had great bedside manners and made me feel confident that I was in good hands through everything. I'm giving a moderate rating for the office staff because while on most of my visits they were professional and made me feel at ease, at one of my appointments I was treated in a way that I have never been in any professional setting before. She rolled her eyes, and lost her temper at the receptionist next to her, and spent 10 minutes trying to keep me from keeping my appointment because I was 3 minutes late! (I live 45 minutes away) I complained to Dr. Areen and I have not seen the offending receptionist since, but I don't know if she still works there or not. Even if she is, I think that healing is more important than wait times and the courtesy of staff, and as far as that goes my experience was 4 stars!

July 25th, 2015