Dr. Richard Averitte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 17th, 2015
I wrote Dr. Averitte a letter regarding my experience with one of the doctor's in his practice. I was very upset by the Mohs procedure that had been performed and how much they removed the first time. I have had Mohs surgery 4 times previously and never has this much been removed, especially the first time they went in. His assistant called me back to tell me he was out of town that week, but she would be sure he sees it when he is back in the office. It has been 3 weeks and I have not been contacted by him. I have referred my mother, step-dad and boss to their practice and can not believe he has not responded to my question as to why so much was removed. That is very poor patient service and shows me they do not care about me or the trauma I went through due to this procedure.

December 27th, 2014
Rude and very impatient
Had a very bad experience when visited Dr. Richard Averitte. His bedside manner is very poor and argued with me when I asked him a question. He is very rude and very impatient to me and did not give me a correct diagnose at all. No privacy and insisted including the physician assistance into the diagnose while I clearly request the privacy. Don't recommend this Doctor to anyone.

May 31st, 2012
Quality Doctor - Dr Averitte
If you are looking for a doctor who has a quality practice, then Dr Averitte is the one. He saved my brother from skin cancer by detecting it early. It was as small is a needle but because he is thorough he found it. That's why I travel all the way from CA to see him. As a plus...he is really nice man too..

January 28th, 2011
I've been seeing Dr. Averitte for about 7 years now and he's the best! Very easy to talk to, great staff and he's very professional.

January 27th, 2011
One of the BEST Dermatolgy Groups in the Valley!
I have been a patient at this office for years. I have never been more comfortable and felt completely safe than with Dr. Averitte and likewise his fellow dermatologists. I know Dr. Averitte has tried to clone himself with the additional doctors but should pick up the pace. We need more! He picks the best and most competent doctors to complete his practice and is a 10+ in my book!

May 15th, 2010
SUPER!
I had the occasion to visit Affiliated Dermatology for a checkup and ended up needing 2 MOHS procedures and 2 excisions. Dr. Averitte has done 1 MOHS procedure and he has put me so much at ease, that I am actually looking forward to going back instead of being frightened. Good job! Great doctor!

March 8th, 2010
Great doctor
I would highly recommend this doctor for any skin problem. I had to have a mohs surgery done and I was so afraid. Dr. Averitte and his assistant made the surgery a very good experience. I've told everyone I know to go see Dr. Averitte and get your skin checked. I now know how important it is.