Dr. Richard Johnston III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Johnston III?

August 26th, 2015

From an older patient

I had my right shoulder rotator cuff repaired in 2005 and the left repaired a year later. Dr. Johnson is a fantastic doctor, kind and understanding. Here 10 years later, I am still pain free. I have had excellent results. Just thought I would weigh in here and let you know if I needed a repair, he would be the first doctor I would call...Thanks from an old patient.

March 23rd, 2015

All about the $$$

Worst "doctor" if that's what you want to call him....that I've probably ever seen. Excellent bedside manor makes his poor patient care hard to see through. He's in it for the $.

November 6th, 2012

very sweet caring man an his PA STEPHINE BOTH ARE GOOD PEOPLE

August 7th, 2012

try someone else

He repaired my torn meniscus and left a piece of cartiledge behind. Went in for a follow up and indicated that I still had pain --- actually it felt worse. He bent my knee a few times, told me it was find. That cartiledge he left behind wound up bumping against the bone and scraping away. Don't bother.

December 8th, 2011

Not always worth the wait

The biggest drawback to seeing Dr. Johnston is the wait time. I've waited as long as an hour to see him. His manner is inconsistent. Sometimes he's friendly but sometimes he seems distracted and distant. He operated on my rotator cuff, and I'm totally pleased. He's definitely a good surgeon, and I keep going back.

July 31st, 2011

He's a great doc

Dr. Johnston performed rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder. Haven't had major problems since. He's usually running behind, but that doesn't bother me that much. I'd definitely recommend him as a surgeon.

July 11th, 2011

Left in tears, every time.

Dr. Johnston has been my orthopaedic doctor since 2002. In '02 I broke my arm and my initial x ray came back irregular, and he didn't want to proceed with casting. My dad urged him to do so, and he complied reluctantly. 2 weeks later I went in for recasting and sure enough the next xray showed a clean break. Now, 2011 as an avid runner I started getting awful shin pain; finally went to see him. His bedside manner was that of a man too busy to be bothered with something so "simple." Initial xray was clean, during my follow-up he spoke down to me and when I pushed back, insisting on the unnatural amount of pain and lack of improvement, he placated me in assigning a bone scan. Sure enough, my bone scan came back with 3 severe stress fractures. I leave his office every time in tears because of his condescending nature, inability and unwillingness to listen, and complete lack of tact or interest in what I have to say. I would highly advise anyone considering his services to reconsider and RUN the other way. Not the doctor for you if you want someone to listen to you or at least fain interest in what you have to say.

August 1st, 2010

ABsolutely outstanding.

Dr, Johnston did shoulder surgery on me a few years ago, and more recently repaired a torn meniscus. The results in both cases have been beyond, what one could expect; I find dr. Johnston absulutely ethical, and a true professional. I will never hesitate to use his services again, if needed.

June 18th, 2010

Premadonna

This guy might be as good as he thinks he is if he lost the attitude. Long waits, rushed appointments, didn't listen, zero bed side manner.

January 21st, 2010

Exceeded my expectations

Dr. Johnston was very helpful and professional in diagnosing my knee injury and spent time discussing the injury and my options and recommendations, I didn't feel like he rushed through the process and I feel like he was willing to work with me to find the best solution for my injury. Would definitely recommend him to others.

October 28th, 2009

Unprofessional

Had to wait over and hour and half to meet him.Finally he walk in spend less than 5 minutes, won't give a straight answer - keeps flip flopping and then finally is dying to leave and move on.

September 3rd, 2008

Great surgeon, not a great care giver

If you want someone with empathy who will spend time talking with you, Johnston's not your man. If he spends 10 minutes with you, you're lucky. But he's a terrific surgeon.