Dr. Richard Whalen MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

November 16th, 2016
I would never trust this Dr. again. He misdiagnosed my torn rotator cuff and torn bicep as Fiber Mialgia. He tried to talk me out of getting an MRI for it and his staff refused to make a referral for an MRI. When I got an MRI anyhow and it confirmed that my roatater cuff and bicep were in fact torn I told him I wanted to have surgery done to repair it. He tried to talk me out of having surgery saying that 80% of the time it doesn't help anyway. I scheduled surgery with a specialist im Erie anyway then when I called Dr. Whalen's office to see what meds I should discontinue before surgery and how long before surgery should I discontinue them I had to play phone tag with his nurse. When she finally told me his answer she said Dr. Whalen didn't recommend any meds the day of surgery and that I should call the Dr. doing the surgery instead to see what he recommended.

November 16th, 2016
I would not trust this Dr. with my health after he misdiagnosed me as having Fiber Myalgia when in fact I had a severely torn rotator cuff and torn bicep. He also tried to discourage me from getting an MRI for the same issue. Then when I got an MRI anyway and it confirmed what I had tried to tell him to begin with (that my rotator cuff was torn) he tried to talk me out of having surgery for it saying that 80% of the time surgery doesn't help. I would not recommend this Dr. nor do I trust him. Also, when I called his office to ask what medications I should discontinue before my surgery, he and his staff never gave me a direct answer toi my question and suggested I call the Dr. doing my surgery instead.

August 13th, 2015
Best Dr. in Titusville,Pa..