Dr. Richard Bacharach MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Columbia, MD

2.9

September 29th, 2016
This man should not be allowed to treat any patients. He is the absolute worst! He is a arrogant a-hole who should not have a license. Stay away.

May 17th, 2016
My daughter really likes him and is very comfortable talking to him. Took his time speaking to both of us.

May 4th, 2016
This doctor deserves ZERO stars. Dr. Bacharach is the absolute worst psychiatrist. He is arrogant, condescending, heartless, and clearly is in it for the money. DO NOT waste your time waiting to see this doctor because he does not care about his patients. He is a nightmare to interact with. You will feel worse after his "treatment" then you did prior to meeting with him.

February 18th, 2016
Made it Extremely Difficult to Trust Others in his Profession
Passive-aggressive and generally dismissive of patient complaints, a nightmare to interact with, rude, and exuding an aura of distrust. Casually and repeatedly insulted me throughout the course of our "professional relationship." Insisted that I say on medications that caused *severe* adverse effects. Very hard to get a hold of, and constantly late to appointments. Wasted years of my time and an indeterminable amount of money. Used manipulation to make me feel ashamed of myself for not trusting his "professional" opinion. Would not recommend to anyone. Wouldn't trust him with my child.

February 3rd, 2016
I find it horrible that anyone should be made to wait more than an hour beyond your appt time. They could at least text, call, email you to let you know the wait time.

May 4th, 2012
Busy - because he's very good
Dr. Bacharach is a busy person, and it can be hard to get an appointment. But I am sure this is because many people depend on him for medical care, and he is patient and focuses on you when you are in his office. His manner is direct (rather than coddling, say) with adults - treats you as an equal. So yes, I did have to wait weeks for my appt, but it was well worth it.

August 12th, 2011
Very Skilled, Up-to-Date, and Cautious Psychiatrist
Dr. Bacharach can be gruff and can seem rushed and dismissive, but if you raise questions, he patiently responds in an informed manner. He is well-read and CURRENT on the psychiatric literature. You will need, though, to be a partner with him in treating your condition. He takes the time to give a proper diagnosis and to ensure (through follow-up) that the meds he prescribes are working for you. I'm bipolar, and managing that condition with meds can be quite challenging. He's been patient, supportive, and competent. When I crashed on the depressive pole a couple weeks back, he took me right in as soon as he saw me in the waiting room. There were others waiting, and they had to wait a bit longer. But for some of the conditions he treats (like bipolar disorder), the risk of suicide and the like can be very high. I appreciate that he takes such risks seriously and that he is competent and cautious with the meds-- when I'm going manic or depressive, I need to know that my doctor is going to carefully work to get me on the medication that I need. Dr. Bacharach DEFINITELY does this. He's managed my meds better than several prior doctors, and I can only say good things about him. I don't need bedside manner or quick service from my psychiatrist-- this isn't the Nordstroms. What I need is someone that cares enough to work with you and your condition so that your quality of life is as good as it can be. I'm 41 and have dealt with this condition for more than 15 years. Since starting with Dr. Bacharach, the quality of my life has definitely improved.

August 1st, 2011
complete disrespect for my time
I was appalled at the lack of respect he has for patient's time. I don't think I ever waited less than 30 minutes (on a good day), even if I had the first appointment of the day. The staff and other patients feel the same way, it was often a point of discussion in the waiting room. I would NEVER recommend him.

July 19th, 2011
An unbiased point of view
I've seen Bacharach on and off for several years and in fact am seeing him again this friday. He does do his business in a very beuracratic manner, but it's like another reviewer said, he's here to diagnose and treat not hold your hand as you cry. I've actually dealt with real $%^$ not as much as behavioral problems, but life experience stuff. So for all you retarded moms out there he's prescribing what's on the market, if you don't believe your child really has that issue and you're just trying to diagnose your kid, don't see a psychiatrist. There are alternatives to seeing a psychiatrist like do more productive things, exercise, and sleep, but when you do have an actual problem, Bacharach is the place to go. However, he is pretty rude and can come off as unconcerned and uncaring, but that's just his way of helping you and dealing with the crap you came to him with, sorry if it's not what you want. If you really want a quack go to the counselor he recommends Dr. Rebinowitz and then try saying Bacharach is a terrible Dr.

July 15th, 2011
Good Psychiatrist
I have seen Dr. Bacharach for several years now and am pleased with the treatment he has provided in helping me manage my medications. He is not a therapist so if you need to sit and talk things out you will need to schedule an appointment to see one. I have found him compassionate, while still being objective.

February 19th, 2011
I will find another psychiaytist rather than go back to him
He refused to treat my constant anxiety attacks or insomnia, saying that I would have to find another way to get through it

January 20th, 2011
WORST EVER!!!!
This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a "professional," much less a doctor. I will never go back to him. He is completely disrespectful of his patients and listens to nothing they say. This was a huge letdown having dealt with a wonderful psychiatrist for 2 years (I only left because he does not accept insurance and I could not afford him.).