Dr. Richard Bang MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Houston, TX

3.2

April 6th, 2017
I have seen Dr. Bang a couple times now and he is great. He is very easy to talk to, understanding and he actually will listen to you and give his feedback. Would recommend!

August 26th, 2016
Top notch
Explains everything on a personal and human level. Always professional. I never feel like I am being rushed out the door so he can get to the next person. Never want to be injured or hurt but I know where to go when I do.

January 21st, 2016
Was Asked if I Had "Boy Trouble"
I once went to see this guy for extreme fatigue, missed periods, headaches and a myriad of other symptoms. I was 18 and knew my body well enough to know something was wrong. He didn't do anything, asked me if: 1. I was having boy trouble (nope), 2. If I was thinking about hurting myself (What's going on? No...) and then told my mother I was depressed, completely ignoring me, likely because I was now furious beyond words. Turns out I had PCOS, hypothyroidism, and a slew of other things. This guy just didn't want to order bloodwork and do his job!

January 27th, 2015
Not the best option out there
Wait time is terrible, an hour is his norm and when it's my turn he does not spend enough time with me. He stops me mid-sentence, leaves the room in a hurry. I had an echocardiogram and Dr. Bang's office told me everything was 'normal'. When I was finally fed up and found another doctor, the new doc showed me the report that says I have multiple leaky valves in the heart.

April 20th, 2014
This Doctor does not listen. I think he carries a timer in his pocket. He will suddenly in mid sentence start backing up to the door and just leave . I find him to be incredibly rude and preoccupied. Never once has he actually looking in my throat, ears or nose when I was sick. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. One of the office workers actually encouraged me to see someone else and that was without me complaining. Guess they have heard it before.

November 7th, 2011
Best doctor I have ever seen!

October 21st, 2010
Dr Bang always has a very cheery -- even peppy -- manner when I have seen him over the past seven years. He has taken the time to call me personally when the situation warranted it.

September 24th, 2010
Dr Bang of Sandknop Family Practice
Dr. Bang has a "cool" personality and he is an OK doctor. Be prepared to wait over 2 hours and NO, it's not worth the wait.

June 29th, 2010
i will not see this dr again.

October 13th, 2009
Dr. Bang is so down to Earth and has excellent bedside manners which separates the good doctors from the bad ones. He REALLY CARES unlike some doctors. I have a nerve condition and have seen over 80 doctors in the past ten years and Dr. Bang is in my top 5 doctors that I like. He is a young doctor but that doesn't mean he has no experience, to me he knows the latest information. Some of the doctors with lots of years get burned out and they don't know as much as someone who has a few years, so don't let this be a factor in choosing a doctor. He is an excellent doctor in an excellent office.

August 26th, 2009
A Really Good MD
We have not had any problems with Dr. Bang he is one of the Best MD's we found. Always answers gives us the right answers and helps us fine the right Doctors if we need them and is very respectful. I will keep going to him. The nurses are very nice and respectful and take the time and call back when we need answers.The whole Doctor's office is Nice and friendly.

May 4th, 2009
InandOut
The nurse was nice, Dr. Bang did not listen to what I had to say all the way through. In and Out... maybe 5mins tops, Listening to your patient fully lets you know what all is going on physically and mentally. Dont hear a cough and AssUme sinus infection. Dont xray someone who really doesnt even need a xray, and said they were fine without one. THANKS