Dr. Richard Baumgartner MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Big Bear Lake, CA

2.1

May 26th, 2015
Is it just me, or is there something about an extremely obese doctor that should be worrisome? He is in and out of the examining room as fast as possible. And when I needed a medical record, his staff person told me the fee would be $25, which is in violation of California Medical Board regulations allowing for a copying fee of 25 cents per page plus reasonable clerical charge. Given the pay rates in Big Bear, $25 is about twice what a medical clerk makes per hour. Been there a few times; not going back.

August 31st, 2012
Efficient and thorough doctor
Definitely diagnosed and treated serious ailments in a most professional and thorough manner. Makes sure I take proper medications and refers me to specialists when necessary.

April 29th, 2012
Used to be a good doctor
We have been with this doctor for decades, and he used to be good. Now he couldn't care less; something seems to have gone wrong with him. Although he's supposed to be my primary doctor, he won't help me communicate with doctors to whom he has sent me. It is frustrating to have my questions met with a shrug and indifference. Others in the community are saying the same thing: he used to be a good caring doctor, but over the last few years he couldn't care less about his patients.

February 25th, 2012
Not my favorite
I find Dr. Baumgartner to be quite arrogant and unwilling to listen to my questions and concerns. He got angry when I suggested an alternative treatment. He was ok until I mentioned a specialist had ordered a test for an ailment he had been treating me for. He is not nice.Whenever he orders a referral the office has never done it without a phone call to remind them.

March 28th, 2011
Wrong Diagnosis! (again and again)
Instead of doing proper testing, Dr. B. pulls the (wrong) diagnosis out of his head! He told me I had "sugar diabetes" without testing my blood sugar or urine sugar levels. Well guess what: I went to 2 other docs, and they both confirmed NO DIABETES. He also told my brother he has prostate cancer -- again without testing first. My brother found out...NO prostate cancer. Stay away from this doctor!!