Dr. Richard Baylor MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Allentown, PA

• Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2015
Awful experience. Very flat affect, not personable at all. Appears to just be there to get a paycheck. He doesn't look at you at all, making you feel like your not even there. Very poor bedside manners. I would never see him again to treat me. Do not recommend at all

March 19th, 2015
Dr Baylor is a no nonsense Dr that tells it how it is.

July 2nd, 2013
Can not believe this man is a MD.
My visit with Dr. Baylor was by far the worst experience I have EVER had in healthcare. I am left mortified after leaving his office. In my experience, he was rude, condensending and inappropriate. I feel violated discussing my health and allowing this individual into my world.

June 1st, 2012
Excellent At Diagnosing Symptoms
I started doctoring with Dr. Baylor about 2 years ago when my regular dr. was on vacation. I had an extremely serious condition, I'll even say life-threatening. Not only did he diagnose me 100% but he went overboard to make phone calls to specialists & other doctors to make sure I received proper care & medicines. He brought out medical journals & showed me what I would have to go through for my treatment. He is a little on the quiet side but that is just his demeanor. I like him because he is not an alarmist, he doesn't nag you & doesn't judge you. And he has never put me down for anything, that is more than I can say for some doctors I have seen in the past. Dr. Baylor acts like many doctors should - like a medical provider. I can't say anything deameaning about his bedside manner, he's not a showoff, the man takes his job seriously and I admire that. I am doctoring with him again for a new set of issues and he ordered tests, gave me meds & I know once the results come in, he'll make the phone call with my results. He is a very professional doctor and I highly recommend him. If you want a snob who is on a high horse, he is "not" the doctor for you!

April 14th, 2011
Dr. Baylor is extremely bright and knowledgable
Dr. Baylor is a bright doctor who is careful and methodical in his exam and diagnosis. He doesn't automatically rush to the medicine chest. He starts from the bottom up and expensive lifetime drugs are the last resort. He got me to try saw palmetto before succumbing to long term prostate treatment with drugs. It works fine and is a vitamin/herbal remedy. He is not flowery with his bedside manner but he does not rush you and tries to understand you and your issues in your terms. When I changed companies and my insurance changed I bought a policy with my own money to return to his care. Same for my wife.Nuff said.

November 20th, 2009
So Unhappy I Don't Know Where To Start.
Dr. Baylor is a partner at my family doctor's practice. I've seen him twice in the last 15 years, and there is a good reason for that. He has awful bedside manner to the point that you wonder if he even cares. His nurse practioners are wonderful, and the other two doctors that he works with are also wonderful.Last year I went to the doctor sufferinig from severe side effects of a medication I was taking, however we didn't know that at the time. All of my side effects at the time mimicked something serious and I was scared and not able to get in to see his partner, my regular doctor. I went to see him and left unassured of what was going on, what could be going on, and what the future prognosis could be and what we could do to fix that. I had blood drawn and left in tears. That has never happened and it never should. Everyone that goes to this Dr that I know of has these stories! Save your money, go see one of his partners or head to the emergency room or a clinic, your better off.

June 6th, 2017