Dr. Richard Bensimon, MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Bensimon is devoted to excellence show details Dr. Bensimon is devoted to excellence
by P.L. on Mar 14th, 2015

I have had a couple of procedures done by Dr. Bensimon. I just had a brachioplasty yesterday! Given that I am a breast cancer survivor, I had 18 lymph nodes removed from my armpit when I had my lumpectomy 16 years ago. I had been advised not to have a brachioplasty because of the risk for lymphedema. Dr. Bensimon did his research and talked to other surgeons, with whom he devised a revised approach to this surgery -- one that would avoid disturbing the more sensitive/vulnerable structures of my underarm, and address only the excess skin. He described the process to me in great detail. I went home right after the surgery, and have experienced no pain and very little discomfort. Best of all, i have no edema! I love Dr. Bensimon, and although, at 67 years old, I'm unlikely to have more surgery, there is no question that I will recommend him to anyone.

I'm So Glad I Chose Dr. Bensimon! show details I'm So Glad I Chose Dr. Bensimon!
by Francis S. on Oct 29th, 2014

I’m reasonably healthy, don’t smoke, only drink socially on occasion and have done a pretty good job protecting my skin from excessive sun, but decades of a stressful career had taken their toll on my face. My sagging face was distorting my appearance and making me look much older than my actual age. A medical practitioner recommended me to the Bensimon Center in Portland for a consultation. Dr. Bensimon and his staff treated me with genuine sincerity and respect and I quickly felt at ease as we discussed solutions to alleviate the harsh look that deep furrows, drooping eyes and the onset of a double chin had rendered my once chiseled features. I had never considered aesthetic procedures before and didn’t want to try to make myself into something that I wasn’t meant to be. And I certainly didn’t want to look like a mannequin. I simply wanted to undo some of the ill effects that stress had etched on my face and realize a normal, natural, masculine look in keeping with an active, physically fit man in his fifties. Dr. Bensimon and I decided that a face lift and eye lift, conducted during the same procedure, would greatly reduce the sagging beneath my eyes, in the lower portion of my face and under my chin. He also recommended a follow up procedure to address the deep creases in my forehead and beside my mouth. The procedure to address my creases would entail the painless removal of fat from my abdomen that would then be injected into the creases. Following the fat transplant, a peel would be applied to the creases to reduce them further. As someone who is a bit phobic about even the most minor medical/dental procedures, I would only allow something like this to be performed by a surgeon I felt was truly experienced and completely competent. I wanted a friendly, compassionate surgeon who was confident and professional but not arrogant or harried, someone who would take his time with me. Of course, I wanted a surgeon who is held in high esteem by his peers and patients. And I had to feel equally comfortable with the surgical nurse and medical technicians who make up the surgical team. In short, I felt completely at ease with Dr. Bensimon and the entire surgical team at The Bensimon Center, and agreed to the procedures. The procedures were painless and recovery time was short. And most of all, the results were what I was hoping for. Nothing extreme - I don’t look like someone else, I simply look like I did years ago before my face started to turn to mush! I like the way I look now, I feel more confident and upbeat. I somehow even feel more virile. In the back of my mind, I used to feel that I was getting old before my time. I don’t feel that way anymore; it feels like I have a new lease on life. I look, and feel, normal and natural. And I’m happier for it! On a side note, the aesthetic procedures were only a part of an overall lifestyle change for me. I always did cardio workouts and weight training, but now I allot time for stretching/yoga. Most of my workouts are now shorter but more varied. I now eat a paleo/primal type diet and I’ve lost fat without even trying. My blood pressure is back to normal and I don’t have to take medicine for it any longer. Inflammation from my osteoarthritis is much less frequent or intense as it used to be. Generalized body aches have greatly decreased. And my high stress job is a thing of the past! In summary, when I started to consider aesthetic procedures as an option, I realized the hardest part would be to find a doctor I could trust. I was fortunate to have been recommended to The Bensimon Center and I am glad to have had my procedures performed by Dr. Bensimon and his staff. The results that Dr. Bensimon predicted were the results that I actually realized and I am completely satisfied with them. I highly recommend the Bensimon Center and would certainly use them again.

Dr Bensimon is great! show details Dr Bensimon is great!
by Lisa E on Feb 1st, 2013

I consulted with Dr Bensimon for a fat injection and mini- type facelift. I was real anxious because I didn't want to look "plastic" and I didn't want a big- bad recovery. I loved his calm demeanor, because I was so nervous.. I ended up choosing him for my surgery and so far I have been real happy. Two weeks now and the difference is remarkable. I have some swelling that is almost gone but no bruising!!! I would highly recommend him and is very caring staff for anything.!!!

Excellent Experience! show details Excellent Experience!
Jan 31st, 2013

I had a full-face fat graft and under-eye Hetter peel in October of 2012. Making changes to your face can feel intimidating and plastic surgery is no small thing. Both Dr. Bensimone and Andrea Stapleton understand this. They were masterful at the procedure. They took an abundant amount of time both prior to the event, as well as, during to make sure they got it just right. Their work was expert, their attitude kind, genuinely caring with good senses of humor added. The office staff, Luda and Janet, were also terrific. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I do not look "done" in any way (my greatest fear), just a lovelier version of myself.

We are lucky we found him! show details We are lucky we found him!
Oct 8th, 2012

Dr Bensimon has left the Pearl Women's Center. He has a beautiful office at the Alber's Mill building on Naito Pkwy not too far from where he was. The view from the exam room is truly spectacular, right next to the Broadway Bridge. His new office number is 503-222-0939. My girlfriend and I both had surgery by him and we love him. We couldn't find him at first. So glad we tracked him down!

I love this doctor. My Nose is Beautiful! show details I love this doctor. My Nose is Beautiful!
Aug 14th, 2012

I am so happy that I met him. Do not let anyone touch your nose until you consult with this man. He spent alot of time drawing pictures. I have wanted my nose done my whole life. It was such a big decision. He made me feel very comfortable.I knew he was the one-i love my nose!!!

Very happy with dr Bensimon show details Very happy with dr Bensimon
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr Bensimon is an amazing plastic surgeon, he is honest, listens and genuiniely cares!

Sono bello show details Sono bello
Jun 30th, 2012

I had my laser lipo with dr Bensimon at Sono bello in Portland and I am so happy! He had changed me life! I didn't even think I could be comfortable in body. Every other consult I had told me I needed to lose weight before I would get good results but them at this facIlity were amazing and I am so motivated again that I am sure this was the decision I ever made!

Very Professional show details Very Professional
by jamie on Nov 29th, 2010

Very nice staff, he spent a lot of time with me. I consulted about breast reconstruction and I was very emotional. He must have spent an hour and a half with me and my husband. We are now considering all of our options and will make a decision soon.

Reconstruction of Breasts: removal of ruptured implants, breast lift and augmentation show details Reconstruction of Breasts: removal of ruptured implants, breast lift and augmentation
by Kathy on Jan 25th, 2010

I'm a 52 year old professional who sought consultation with Dr. Bensimon regarding ruptured implants (from 1983!). From the onset, Dr. Bensimon was very attentive- fully explaining possible procedures, drawing diagrams, etc... When I decided to have the surgery, they bent over backwards to fit my scheduling needs. The surgery itself went very well! The results are nothing short of perfect! Very natural looking breasts (about a C cup) that have a wonderful natural feel. I have minimal scarring- with a very brief recovery time. On a personal level- Dr. Bensimon was very caring and sensitive. He was easy to talk to and I felt comfortable talking about what can be a sensitive subject. He even offered suggestions as to where to go in Argentina!The surgery center and office staff were very helpful as well. The office is very comfortable with knowlegeable staff who were able to answer questions regarding billing insurance, etc... They were very sweet when my husband spilled an entire cup of coffee on their gorgeous carpeting. All in all, it was a great experience! And I'm thrilled with the results!

Excellent Experience! show details Excellent Experience!
Jan 9th, 2010

I can't say enough about how pleased I am with my breast reduction and liposuction of my neckline. Dr Bensimon and his staff were A in every category and the aftercare and followup were exceptional. The Center is centrally located and is state of the art.

Best Experience Ever show details Best Experience Ever
by Margaret on Jan 8th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Bensimon has been absolutely amazing. He is very knowledgeable and really takes the time to discuss all options and risks with you. I had breast reduction surgery over the summer, which went so well I went back to work 2 weeks after my surgery. Dr. Bensimon is complete professional, I never felt uncomfortable or nervous around him, and I'm still in college. Plus his staff was over the top as well. Even when I had gone back to college, I could e-mail my questions, concerns, and even pictures at any time and they would get back to me promptly. They bent over backwards to provide the best service, even my mother was impressed and has recommended Dr. Bensimon to many family friends, as well as complete strangers! I cannot express how fantastic these people truly are!

Dec 3rd, 2009

Dr. Bensimone is an excellent plastic surgeon. I have had multiple procedures done by him over the past 10 years and they have held up beautifully. I had a face lift done 7 years ago that has made me look 15 years younger than my actual age. I recommend him without reservation!