Dr. Richard Bensinger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Bensinger?

January 28th, 2015

Extremely Unpleasant Dr.

He was extremely unpleasant and made me uncomfortable. My simple presence clearly annoyed him.

March 21st, 2014

I totally agree with two of the previous reviews-dirty, cluttered, unprofessional, etc. First, I was shocked at the condition of the office, to begin with, then shocked at what the doctor did. L&I had referred him - caution #1! Some of the first words that came out of his mouth as he sat and leaned forward to me were, "Must be nice to be on L&I while the market is so low." I was so taken back by this, it almost took my breath away. When I caught myself, I vehemently said, 'NO, that is NOT the way it is and if you knew what I have and am still going thru you wouldn't have said that!" He pulled out a small vile and I said, "Oh, you are going to dilate my eyes?" He said no he wasn't because he wanted me to be able to drive home. Well, he DID dilate my eyes and I could barely drive home without sunglasses. When I called him and asked him what he did to my eyes and did he dilate them, he responded that he HAD NOT dilated my eyes. After some not-so-good dialogue with him that was going nowhere, I told him this was such a bad experience that I would be forced to report this to L&I. He said he was sorry I felt I had to do that. The next morning, with 3 witnesses around me, he called and the people there could hear the conversation. He said ... you won't believe this ... I thought about what may have happened. I did dilate the lady before you and maybe a drop fell on the arm of the chair and you put your finger in it and got it in your eyes. I laughed and said, YOU ARE KIDDING, aren't you? He said, no he wasn't. I still can't believe this but it is the truth. Need I say anymore!?

August 27th, 2013

Total waste of time and money.

This Doctor is the most unprofessional I have ever attended. His office is dirty, old equipment and the Doctor is not thorough. He put drops in my eyes for the exam which never dilated my eyes and proceeded with the exam to find nothing wrong with my eyes.The whole exam took less than 15 minutes from the time I was called into the exam room and came out after the exam to the reception area.. When I came out from the exam, my wife said to me, "your eyes are not even dilated". The paperwork advised there should be someone to come along with you to drive you home. No need for that, I drove myself just fine. This was the most waste of patients time and money. This was a exam for the Veterans Aministration. I am thinking he has a problem with Veterans. Never so disappointed in an eye exam in my life. I have previous medical records that show that I have mild cataracts. Receptionist was snacking on chips while patients are in reception area. The whole appointment was so unprofessional.

September 22nd, 2010

I

This is the most unsanitary, unprofessional doctor I have ever been to. There is junk all over his office, makeup all over the machine he uses to check your eyes. He never introduced himself to me, and was putting numbing solution in my eyes without my consent. The secretary was on the phone discussing detailed information in earshot about a disabled patient (a major HIPAA violation). Stay far away from here unless you want other patients to know personal information about you and pink eye.

June 26th, 2010

Dr Bensinger has been my eye doctor for a long time. He's always the most caring, fun person! Very informative and relaxing. Highly recommended!

July 12th, 2016