Dr. Richard Berger MD Patient Reviews

3.1

January 28th, 2016
He is all about the money. His office charge was $230 after insurance. He wanted new bloodwork (mine was less than a month old) $50. Then he wanted me to get an ultrasound at his hospital ($700). During my first visit he told me he wanted to change my meds to the name brand (fine) and then retest my blood 4 weeks from starting it (fine, $50) with a recheck (fine, $230). But once I had all my tests done he wouldn't tell me my results unless I paid him another $230. I can't afford seeing him monthly at $230 each time. My medication remains unchanged and I don't know my results because he won't tell me. Do no harm???

June 19th, 2008
Good Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Berger for several years. He is a good doctor. He is a bit quirky in that he can only concentrate on 1 thing at a time - so if you ask him a question while he is in the middle of the exam, or if he is writing something down, he will not answer it. At first I thought he was being rude - but then I figured out that he just cannot multi-task very well. However, after he has done the exam and written everything down, he gives you plenty of time to ask questions. He is open to discussing alternative/holistic medicine as well - he does not practice it, but he will not blow you off if you want to discuss alternative medicine.