Family Physicians, Psychiatrist

1020 Suncast Ln
Ste 108
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
916-932-0380
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  ENTIRE ORGANIZATION IS UNORGANIZED  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2014

This doctor has no empathy! The office staff does not return phone calls and Dr Bermudes and Dr Lanocha contradict each other. Bermudes told me how tms works and Lanocha said it was all wrong & he had a different theory. What a joke. Very unprofessional. Also the $300 office visit is when I'm in the middle of TMS and the doctor comes in, says how are you doing. It lasts less than 5 minutes. But the appt is required every week. What a waste of money. They double up on appointments, where 2 people show up at the same time for tms and they say it their computer system.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Amina M on Aug 27th, 2013

This doctor not only provides state of the art treatment, he really cares, means what he says when he says he will not give up. His staff are courteous and diligent when working on your case. The technicians are genuinely interested in your treatment and wellness - not often found these days.

|  Exceptional Psychiatrist  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Dr. Bermudes is an expceptional psychiatrist. He has always taken his time with me. I too would agree with the patient stating is not interested in chemistry. The difference I see with him, is that he is not just concerned with chemistry. Which for me, is a blessing. I appreciate that he doesn't write a script and send me on my way. When my insurance was giving me problems, I did not have to do anything, he had his staff take care of it. Best psychiatrist I have had!

|  A GEM  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I disagree with the reviewed who stated that Dr. Bermudes isn't interested in chemistry. The beauty of Dr. Bermudes is that he uses CBT in combination with the right medication in the right dose to help his patients recover. He is bright, competent and doesn't have the EGO typically seen in the profession. I highly recommend him.

|  Believes more in behavioral treatment than chemistry  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Dr. Bermudas will give you all the time you need, but is very poor at diagnosing and prescribing. He is a better therapist than MD.

|  The Best of the Best  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

Dr. Bermudes is a rare psychiatrist. He LISTENS to you and has a wonderful bedside manner. He is a consumate professional, genuine person, and competent doctor. He is expensive but worth every penny.

|  Cognitive Behavior Therapy at it's best  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

Comfortable, compassionate with just the right amount of patient required self assessment. He works to enable the patient to rephrase thoughts and actions into more positive behaviors. I would never see anyone else nor recommend anyone else.

|  Grateful Beneficiary  |  show details
by Amicus de Healdsburg on Apr 16th, 2011

Dr. Bermudes helped me through some of the most difficult days of my life. He did so with patience, care and unmatched compassion.There is no doctor (at least none that I have ever met or spoken to) for whom I have more respect; and certainly none that I would recommend more wholeheartedly to anyone in need.

|  Compassionate Cognitive Therapist  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

Knows his area of expertise, listens with care and compassion Makes sure you understand the therapy plan and follow up.

Nov 20th, 2010

Personable and interested in therapy results. Offers insightful analysis and promotes self directed follow up.

|  empathetic and insightful  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

Extremely well versed in the field of cognitive behavioral therapy. Is able to understand a person's needs easily and develop a plan to help with individual challenges. I like him very much.

Dec 24th, 2009

Despite being a licensed therapist, Dr. Bermudes is one of the least empathetic people I have ever met. He doesn't seem to "get" what I am saying no matter how much I elaborate on it. He asks many unncessary questions that are very uncomfortable to answer. All in all he does not seem to be able to understand me enough to help me. For a therapist he is quite impersonal.

Nov 20th, 2009

I often felt the doctor tried to make "mountains out of molehills" with some of my (minor) concerns. It was a terribly uncomfortable feeling. I finally switched to another doctor--which I should have done several visits ago.