Dr. Richard Bermudes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 27th, 2013
Patient
This doctor not only provides state of the art treatment, he really cares, means what he says when he says he will not give up. His staff are courteous and diligent when working on your case. The technicians are genuinely interested in your treatment and wellness - not often found these days.

January 12th, 2012
Exceptional Psychiatrist
Dr. Bermudes is an expceptional psychiatrist. He has always taken his time with me. I too would agree with the patient stating is not interested in chemistry. The difference I see with him, is that he is not just concerned with chemistry. Which for me, is a blessing. I appreciate that he doesn't write a script and send me on my way. When my insurance was giving me problems, I did not have to do anything, he had his staff take care of it. Best psychiatrist I have had!

January 9th, 2012
A GEM
I disagree with the reviewed who stated that Dr. Bermudes isn't interested in chemistry. The beauty of Dr. Bermudes is that he uses CBT in combination with the right medication in the right dose to help his patients recover. He is bright, competent and doesn't have the EGO typically seen in the profession. I highly recommend him.

November 1st, 2011
Believes more in behavioral treatment than chemistry
Dr. Bermudas will give you all the time you need, but is very poor at diagnosing and prescribing. He is a better therapist than MD.

July 11th, 2011
The Best of the Best
Dr. Bermudes is a rare psychiatrist. He LISTENS to you and has a wonderful bedside manner. He is a consumate professional, genuine person, and competent doctor. He is expensive but worth every penny.

May 13th, 2011
Cognitive Behavior Therapy at it's best
Comfortable, compassionate with just the right amount of patient required self assessment. He works to enable the patient to rephrase thoughts and actions into more positive behaviors. I would never see anyone else nor recommend anyone else.

April 16th, 2011
Grateful Beneficiary
Dr. Bermudes helped me through some of the most difficult days of my life. He did so with patience, care and unmatched compassion.There is no doctor (at least none that I have ever met or spoken to) for whom I have more respect; and certainly none that I would recommend more wholeheartedly to anyone in need.

December 26th, 2010
Compassionate Cognitive Therapist
Knows his area of expertise, listens with care and compassion Makes sure you understand the therapy plan and follow up.

November 20th, 2010
Personable and interested in therapy results. Offers insightful analysis and promotes self directed follow up.

November 17th, 2010
empathetic and insightful
Extremely well versed in the field of cognitive behavioral therapy. Is able to understand a person's needs easily and develop a plan to help with individual challenges. I like him very much.

December 24th, 2009
Despite being a licensed therapist, Dr. Bermudes is one of the least empathetic people I have ever met. He doesn't seem to "get" what I am saying no matter how much I elaborate on it. He asks many unncessary questions that are very uncomfortable to answer. All in all he does not seem to be able to understand me enough to help me. For a therapist he is quite impersonal.

November 20th, 2009
I often felt the doctor tried to make "mountains out of molehills" with some of my (minor) concerns. It was a terribly uncomfortable feeling. I finally switched to another doctor--which I should have done several visits ago.