Dr. Richard Berquist Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Berquist?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Richard Berquist?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2015

The best doctor I've ever had! He really listens & is very understanding and compassionate.

September 27th, 2014

patient

Best doctor in fresno,I am lucky to have him,both doctor and friend .

December 6th, 2013

A great doctor

I have been a patient of Dr. Berquists for 22 years and both of my children have seen him since their births 21 and 17 years ago. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen since my childhood doctor. Dr. Berquist really cares about his patients and their families. I would recommend him to anyone. :)

July 11th, 2013

Selective on patients

As noted in an earlier review, I also lost my previous primary care dr. due to an insurance change. I did notice that his medical assist. previously worked for another Dr. in the same complex--still with a bad attitude. About 8 months after my last appointment, I received a phone call from CMP--re: Mary. I told the admin. staff just what I thought and how rude she was, Can you imagine wanting to take a patient's BP when the patient hasn't had time to remove their coat--in the winter months. How stupid is this girl?? To add to the problem, I received a $300 plus lab bill for bloodwork--because Dr. Berquist forgot to write the diagnosis on the slip. When I went to the office, the paper had yet to be filed in my chart--two weeks later, ( asked the receptionist why. I had never received such a bill from another doctor. If Dr, Berquist can't complete a slip properly for lab work, what else will he forget? I would be skeptical of this doctor. As noted in a review above. I observed him talking with a previous dr. I saw a few years earlier. I felt uncomfortable seeing this take place--while I was in a room, and the door open, I haven't been back since. I did find it odd that the clerical staff rotate throughout the building. I wouldnt feel comfortable speaking about a medical issue only to have to repeat it to a different assistant. Whose idea was this? It's unfortunate that some doctors like to select their patients and give poor service to others. I hope I never see him in the ER--as I wouldn't count on him to make the best decisions.

May 21st, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Berquist for 20 years and think he is the best. He is very knowledgable and listens to my concerns.

March 21st, 2012

Dr Berquist is personable and very friendly. He is quite approachable and spends time answering questions.

August 8th, 2011

Office Staff provided by Community ?

What I didn't like about the staff (office staff) is that they are rotated between doctors for X number of months. This is awful. Can you imagine giving details of problem to one assistant, and the next time you visit there are new staff members. No Thanks.. On my first visit to see Dr. Berquist, and is has been a few years, he was nice--because some of us had lost our primary care doctor due to an insurance issue. After a few times, I noticed he was conversing with a former doctor I saw about 10 yrs. earlier--who is now at the same location. This open discussion re: me was uncomfortable. Neither of the doctors are aware I overheard their conversation. I no longer visit the facility due to parking problems--unless early morning.This doctor likes to pick his patients. If you are a little overweight etc. he will not be nice to you--and so forth.

February 2nd, 2011

His assistant is very poor. When tests were taken, Dr. Berquist forgot to write the diagnosis for lab tests! The lab wanted me to pay over $300. I had to make more than two trips to get a diagnosis written. When test results came in, they were sitting at the bottom of the basket--not in my file chart (they were never filed by staff). His assistant used to work for another doctor and she recognized me. She has always been rude and I even received a phone call from the medical office about her. I told the truth. Can you imagine want to take a blood pressure reading with my coat still on (a fake fur). How stupid can anyone be?

August 25th, 2010

ofc staff thumbs down

DR was a perfect doctor. Nice Medical asst BUT office staff wow!! Didnt get called to desk for 10minutes then a girl says,she didnt have my insurance card. I had been in 4 times before, then the other girls were too busy talking to each other to care and the check out girl was just too busy talking to the other check out girl about evening plans I didnt wanna hear all that...I had the flu.. I asked for a pen... still waiting...

April 20th, 2017