Dermatologists

Tribeca Dermatology
2820 Ocean Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11235
718-996-3000
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

• Currently 1.7619047619048 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Do not expect to be seen hours after your appointment !!!  |  show details
by P Off on Apr 28th, 2013

Last time I checked people make appointments to be seen by the doctor at that specific time. Apparently this office have no regard for people's time.. Still in waiting room 2 hours after my appointment time waiting to be seen. I approached the receptionist who said that if I go to any doctor's office I will have to wait. Obviously she needs to look up what the word "Appointment" means..

|  Don't pay your co pay up front!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I went to this doctor's office twice in July and the first thing they demanded was my $20.00 co-pay ($40.00 total). It's like if you don't give it to them, they will lock up your diagnosis. I have the type of insurance where my plan pays all except the $20.00 co-payment and my wife's plan picks up the co-payment. Every other doctor I have processes both insurances and are usually paid within a few weeks. Now, to get my co-payment back, I need to send the paperwork within a reasonable time frame. Here it is, mid-October, I called them today and their response was "it can take up to a year to file the insurance." That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Not only that, I had a small freckle removed and it was sent to the lab. My regular dermotologist would always tell me to call to get the result, NOT HERE, they make you come back, pay for another visit then give you the 10 second result. Why not just tell me over the phone and save me time (waiting in that office for almost an hour when I supposedly had the first appointment after waiting over two hours the time before) and money? Not only that, I recieve a call a few weeks later that they "need to see me again." I didn't go, I went back to my original dermotologist (and another just to be sure) and both said I need not return for six months. All I can say is avoid this office at all costs (and, believe me, the word "costs" fits here!) I've had a few people ask me for dermotology recommendations lately and I can tell you which office I didn't recommend!!!! Any guesses????

|  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

I am shocked by the comments about Dr. Berry as a dermatologist. He is an excellent physician and helped me so much.

|  terrible  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

My father and I went to him for psoriasis when we first went last year he treated us and it helped slightly.. I went back on monday and I made an apt specifically for him but they gave me the PA. The reaction she had to what was going on my scalp was "OH MY GOD" instead of being professional about it she made me feel worse about my condition. I told her and Dr. Berry one thing and they ignored what i had to say. The entire office thinks they are always right! i will never recommend him to anyone ever again!

|  Awful dermatologist  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

"Dr." Berry has no bedside manner. If he can't find anything wrong with you, he tells you it's all in your head, meanwhile his weekend staff doctors will diagnose you with an actual condition. Do NOT go to this doctor. He is the worst!!!!!

|  Winfred  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

I came for a consultation with Dr.Berry a while back and he was not even able to diagnose my skin condition - Steatacystoma multiplex which was ultimately done by a more competent physician. I would strongly advise against seeing this "physician"....

|  DO NOT GO HERE!!!  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2011

All of the comments below are true. I had my first and last visit there this morning -- it was a miserable experience. The doctor and staff are rude and unprofessional; the waiting room is noisy and crowded; and they book a dozen people for every time slot. Expect to wait there for hours, even if you have the first appointment of the day. Seriously, DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!

|  Message for the doctor  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

Doctor! your receptionists do not know how to talk to patients, insubordinate, very rude and unprofessional. Worst experience ever.should think about your office reputation when hiring someone like Shelly. Absolutely not helpful, extremely rude and bad-mannered.

|  TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2010

I went to him for a few spots on my face. He gave me an RX for some lotion, it worked. When I went back for a refill he changed my meds put me on some crazy lotion and pills. Did not tell me anything about the meds and NOT to go in the sun (in July, how would I not go in the sun). My face broke out worse than ever. When I spoke to the office they were very rude and said to stop using the VERY expensive meds and that was it.. no follow up or anything. Also, Dr. Berry thinks he is a gift to the world when he comes in the office and just stares at you, won't look at what your there for and then misdiagnoses you. Absolutely terrible experience. Avoid if possible.

|  Worst dermatologist ever  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jun 24th, 2010

The waiting room is small and very crowded; apparently the ACs work non-stop so be prepared to catch a cold. The staff does not even acknowledge your existence when you come up to them to let them know that you have an appointment.This so-called "doctor" misdiagnosed my nail infection. He did not even took a sample to send it to the lab, he just barely looked and said "this is ... here is the prescription." The doctor-patient interaction lasted about 30 seconds. And when I asked him to prescribe something for my face for my breakouts he gave me the medication that his office produces, which is, by the way, costs $25 and is NOT covered by the insurance. Very disappointing, unprofessional, arrogant >>s, who is only there to charge the insurance astronomical money for each visit and offer his other "services" such as botox and whatsnot-cause that is exactly what you need when you come with a fungal infection!

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

my last 2 visits there have been rushed. i have some sort of fungal infection on my ankles (which my primary dr told me i had) and i went twice to see this doctor and the 2 times i went they barely looked at my infected area and sent me home with the same cream which helped with the dry skin but not with the itching or redeness. the front desk staff there is unfriendly and horrible to deal with especially the older lady that works there

|  HORRIBLE... DISASTER !!!!!  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2009

let me just start by telling you that the waiting room is about 10x10 room, with 30 patients waiting and 12 chairs. the staff is disgusting. like standing in the crowded room for over an hour is not bad enough, the staff thinks its ok to "bark" at their patients. we paid almost $200 for an office visit, waited almost 2 hours and NO RESULTS!!!! we spent less than 10 min in his office. i attempted at least 3 times to explain what exactly brought us there, my husband attempted at least 2 times... and guess what? we were interrupted at least 10 times by this so called doctor. he absolutely LOVES the sound of his voice. but thats not even the worse thing he did in the 10 min visit.... he didn't try to make my daughter feel comfortable in his office. was very rough!!!! has no idea had to treat kids!!!! I WILL NOT RECOMMEND this a**wipe to a DOG let alone to a person. he should have a sign "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

|  Incompetent  |  show details
by Rebekah Hughston, an unhappy and disgruntle patient yet again. on Feb 19th, 2009

The experience I had this practice was terrible. The doctors do not consult with one another and the communication between them are null and void. The looking over patients charts before hand to be abreast of their condition is unheard of. And above all the efficiency of this office is also a non-present entity. It took these so called professionals two months and eights days on evaluation and three doctors for them to tell me day of procedure that they could not fulfill their duty as a physician. I would not recommend my dog go to this practice. The incompetence is just ridiculous and unacceptable.

|  Poor Service  |  show details
by Steven M. on Oct 10th, 2008

Yes, you can get an appointment quickly with Dr. Berry. However be prepared to spend at least an 1hr waiting in a crowded waiting room. When you do see the doctor he appears rushed and less than pleasant and his tone is uninviting. In addition his billing system is inaccurate I was billed for several visits that were submitted to my provider as "out of network"- even though Dr. Berry was in-network. I called the office to inquire about billing and I was told to leave a message for the billing dept. It's almost two months and no one returned my call.

|  skin  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 18th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

my daughter was having problems with her skin and she went to dr berry. He took great care of here. The staff was terriffic adn her skin is ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com