Dr. Richard Blake MD Patient Reviews

3.8

November 13th, 2012
Worst doctor's visit I've ever had.
I had such high hopes for this doctor after reading several good reviews, but this visit was a waste of time and money for me. I wanted to be tested for a hormone imbalance, and brought a list of symptoms with me. I was told that since I conceived this year, nothing could be done until next year (even though it was a miscarriage). I would have thought an endocrinologist would have taken blood work, not only because I'm trying to conceive, but just for my general health, physically and mentally. I was also told that my insurance was no good, even though Blue Cross Blue Choice is listed on the website. Maybe that insurance company doesn't pay him enough.

January 26th, 2012
Excellent Doctor with "Good Old Fashion" Bedside Manners
I have been with Dr. Blake for over 15 years and he has performed several procedures ranging from both routine and emergency. I describe him as having the "old fashion" bedside manner because he takes time with you, he makes sure that you understand everything and he not only is concerned about your physical state, but he is concerned about you as a person. He listens to you! I pray for long life and health because I don't know how I could find another doctor to measure up to him. He is the first I ever felt comfortable to perform surgery on me. I highly recommend him to anyone.

January 17th, 2012
Dr. Blake is a outstanding doctor. He is knowledgeable and a caring. He has great bedside manners and his staff is outstanding. A number one surgeon he is I highly recommend Dr. Blake.

May 9th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Blake is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring. I don't blame the wait time in the office where he worked on him. The staff there was incompetent, to say the least. I highly recommend Dr. Blake.

January 6th, 2011
Outstanding service, quality care
The best. Level of skill and expertise is outstanding-- surgery as well as more general matters. Also, Silver Spring facility is very welcoming (pink walls!). Highly Recommended.

August 18th, 2010
Would never recommend this doctor...
I went to Dr. Blake's office last year. While it was easy to get an appointment and the office staff is very nice, my overall experience with the doctor was terrible. I went because I had symptoms of a simple yeast infection, but the doctor insisted that this was not the case -never explained to me why it was not an infection, or why he suspected it was something else. After months of visits, exams, prescribed medications, hundreds of dollars spent in medical bills and 4 or 5 different diagnosis that could not confirmed by any exam, I still had the same symptoms and no answer from the doctor. This is when he told me that I had HPV and that needed a surgical procedure. This was very estrange to me as I didn't have any of the symptoms of HPV, and this diagnosis was not confirmed by other exams such as my pap smear. We still schedule the procedure but when they called me to confirm the appointment they were talking to me about a different procedure altogether... I got scared and cancelled my appointment. I went to a different doctor who in a matter of minutes diagnosed me with a simple infection and gave me the treatment I needed. In just 2 weeks I was fine. I wish I wouldn't have gone to this doctor... I not only spent lots of money but also wasted a lot of time feeling sick for something that a OBGYN should be able to diagnose in a matter of minutes. I feel he never told me what it was just to keep me going and paying for procedures I didn't need... I spent over $1,000 for a treatment that should have cost me just $100. I would never recommend him to anyone!

April 17th, 2008
I am in total agreement with the previous review. Dr. Blake is very knowledge and in many respects advance in his prognosis. He is really dedicated in helping you meet your health goals. I won't go into his medical history but did encounter some difficulty with getting pregnant. After meeting with Dr. Blake and following his course of action, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in '06. He's great!