Dr. Richard Bloomfeld Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Bloomfeld?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Richard Bloomfeld?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2015

Seems knowledgeable about crohns if the disease acts according to textbook. Seems to never remember history before he sees you again.

September 2nd, 2014

Dr Bloomfeld was recommended to us by one of the country's leading GI doctors at Duke. We were not disappointed after going to him for a second opinion. He in fact differed in opinion from the original GI who wanted to pursue an immediate extremely aggressive treatment regimen. Dr. Bloomfeld felt that option would be available to us with no negative consequences if a more conservative treatment didn't work. Remission was acquired and life has returned to almost normal over the last year and a half. Dr Bloomfeld deserves much respect.

April 5th, 2014

Dr. Bloomfeld did not follow the standards of practice for my inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Bloomfeld uses endoscopy as treatment rather than for diagnosis.

March 14th, 2011

Dr. Bloomfeld was very understanding with my persistent acute Ulcerative Colitis diagnosis and offered several different treatments for the disease including surgical options. He gave me exceptional service when meeting with me on all of my visits. As a healthcare professional as well, I can understand and sympathize with the demanding schedule that the physicians have daily. I can relate to the delicate balance between listening to the patient & accurately assessing the patient timely and meeting the daily office/clinics scheduling demands. After having major intestinal surgery out of state, Dr. Bloomfeld followed up with me very well. I have recommended Dr. Bloomfeld to many of my colleagues and friends because of his attention to detail and experience. He actually listened to me as a patient which I thought was extremely important.

July 18th, 2008

Dissatisfied Patient

I felt that Dr. Bloomfeld had already made my diagnosis,based on my medical records that he had received, prior to seeing me, and he was not willing to explore other possibilities or step outside of the box as to what my problem might be. I did not feel that he addressed my problem or really heard me. Upon his exit, I felt that he was very sharp, and I felt that visiting him was a waste of my time, a waste of my insurance dollars and a waste of my co-pay. Needless to say, I do not know where to go from here, as I was referred to him by my local physician in order to get another professional opinion from a GI Specialist, in the hopes that he may be able to detect something that my doctors locally may have missed. Dr. Bloomfeld just stated that he did not feel further testing needed to be done outside of what had already been done and he gave me a diagnosis based on my medical records. Unfortunately my local doctors have had conflicting reports and there are still no answers. Dr. Bloomfeld had nothing new to offer me.

February 2nd, 2017