Dr. Richard Botto MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 25th, 2017
Terrible
Worst Doctor Ive ever seen in my life. I have a workmans comp injury that has got much much worst since seeing this doctor. I was out for 4 weeks and then returned to work when i was told that my injury was far enough along in the healing that it would most likely not get any worse but would just heal a little slower from this point on. It was my belief that i had a strained or ligament near my tailbone. I am 38 years old, I do construction, and after 4 days of work i noticed very sharp pains returning. I was off another 2 weeks and then that is when I had my last visit with Dr. Botto. He asked me my to touch my toes and made him aware that I had always been able to do that without pain since the beginning of this injury. He felt my lower back as I reminded him that I had not had any pain in that area either. He then proceeded to tell me everything checks out here and I need to go back to work. This caught me off guard because I felt even worst now than when he sent me back the first time. I am very fit and active and I do a very labor demanding occupation. It is an occupation that I love. I love the workout. I love the exercise and being outdoors. I have had one job or multiple jobs my entire life starting with a paper route in second grade. I AM a worker! I pleaded with him that I did not feel healthy and that something is still very wrong in my back. I asked, "why is it something as little as sweeping the kitchen floor can make my back fire off in the worst way?' He proceeded to tell me "you are just a laborer, you are all the way at the bottom. You need to learn to work hurt. I know, my son use to do it." I said, "I do work hurt but I am injured and I don't want to ruin my back." He than gave me an ultimatum that I either go back to work the next day or its gonna take a month to see a specialist because "they are busy." I pleaded to lets just take it a week at a time because I really wanted to get back to work. I didn't want to be out another month if i didn't have to be. I tried asking him about a cortisone shot another doctor at the clinic had mentioned being a possibility 2 weeks earlier. He said "I don't even know where you're hurt!" I tried pointing the spot out to him again and he had me lay on the table. He barely made an effort and just said, "you don't want to work!" I said, "I do want to work but I don't feel healthy enough! Its getting a little better each day but its not ready for the labor my job entails." He said, "OK you do want to work but you're scared!?" I said, "yes I'm very scared I feel worse than when you sent me back last time." He said, "you want to know why you sweep the floor and end up limping away? I have no idea!" He left the room multiple times and returned as I pleaded with him. We were awaiting the results of an MRI i had about a week prior to the appointment. At the end of the visit when we learned the MRI came back unremarkable on my pelvis I was disheartened because I had really hoped for some answers. I'm sure the MRI only strengthened Dr. Botto's idea that my injury was figment of my imagination. And with that he put me on a 50lb weight restriction at work with no mention of how often I should bend or stoop. I walked out of that office feeling terrible! The nurses even called me a couple hours later to say, "Dr Botto would like to offer you another option of coming in next week to see how you respond to work this week?" I told them "I'm sure I'll be seeing him because this injury is not ready." The nurse responded, "well this is just what we do. we push people back to work." I returned to work and I lifted 50lb granite rocks over and over and over as we built our rock lined ditches at work 5 days a week for 8-10 hours a day. By that Friday I could barely walk. I had a PT appointment and they were floored at the condition of my back as I hobbled in. Both lower back muscles spasming and incredible pain in my spine. I could barely get out of the office when my PT appointment was over. My back has been on a downward spiral ever since. I've seen little to no improvement. In the beginning of the injury i would see improvement every day or week. Since my visit with Dr. Botto I've seen none. The injury now sends pain to places it never did in the first 6 weeks. It hurts my sciatic nerve and I feel like there is a knife in my tailbone. So much pain that was never there to begin with. I'm am severely concerned my injury will now not only make me unable to do the job I love but also live the active lifestyle that I enjoy. It's been almost 5 months since the initial injury and I'm losing hope of ever being healthy again. I truly feel as though I owe all of this to the wonderful Dr. Botto. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him.

March 17th, 2016
He listens, before he diagnoses..I liked him

October 8th, 2015
He helped me immensely w/ what I was going through when I had no one else to talk to or turn to!!! Thank you Dr. Botto!!

July 21st, 2016