A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Bourgeois:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Bourgeois graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Bourgeois has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital
- Lafayette General Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bourgeois accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Bourgeois practice?
Dr. Richard Bourgeois practices Ophthalmology near Lafayette, LA.
See Lafayette Ophthalmologists.