Dr. J Bowen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Bowen?

October 16th, 2016

Dr. Bowen Cured my son's Perthes

21 years ago Dr. Bowen treated my son for Perthes Disease. I cannot say enough about this man. His knowledge, skills, research, treatment, and great demeanor of care illustrates the greatness of the medical profession. Our son is now 25, played baseball, went to college, and is leading a normal life thanks to Dr. Bowen's knowledge and skills. Anyone who is seeking out treatment for Perthes needs to get to duPont Children's and see Dr. Bowen... Don't wait... Thank You!....God Bless.....

July 18th, 2016

This man saved my life, and I am forever grateful.

When I was a child I had scoliosis and he tried everything in his power for years to avoid surgery but Mother Nature didn't care. We ended up doing the spinal fusion when I was 10 years old, and I am now 21 almost 22. He walked us through everything he was doing and then was really involved in the post-op through the years after surgery.

April 7th, 2016

I was not impressed with his office. Dr and staff was very cold towards me and my child. Little information was given to us. A waste of money. The Dr has no idea what is wrong with her.

February 2nd, 2015

Caring and Knowledgeable!!!!!!!!

Dr. Bowen is so caring and compassionate and so knowledgeable. He has been treating my son since he was born 10 years ago, and he has done amazing things for him. My son has many complicated orthopedic issues and is missing the bottom portion of his spine. But Dr. Bowen has managed his condition so well and even thinks about the "whole patient" by asking how my son is doing academically and socially. He tells us at every appointment that we should stress his education. He is also very funny and so kind. We have developed a very wonderful relationship with him and will be so lost if he retires!!!!!!!!

September 6th, 2014

We did not care for this Doctor at all. Not clear on instructions, didn't listen to our concerns, seemed bothered when we asked questions, only addressed my husband, while I knew more about my sons condition. we are taking our son someplace else for a second opinion. I don't trust his judgement, and he didn't listen to us!!!

March 10th, 2011

AN UNBELIEVEABLE DOCTOR!!!!!

I can not say enough about Dr. Richard Bowen! My daughter at 11 was diagnosed with Perthe's Disease...immediately we were referred to Dr. Bowen. We have developed a 1 1/2 year relationship that has been so comforting to not only me but my child. Every time he takes the time to talk and go over and explain things in words we can understand. To show you how much he connects with his patients.....my child has had a lot of struggles to deal with physically and mentally. He could pick up every time without us saying a word that she was struggling (limitations & self confidence). He would take the time to talk to her. When she had surgery he came 3 times per day to check on her. Now that she is needing to go to a surgeon who replaces joints, he referred us to one of the top surgeons. He has even called twice to check up on her to see how she is as we make a final decision on hip replacement surgery. (Unfortunately she is "old" for this disease and her bone is extremely deteriorated). Dr. Bowen you have no idea how blessed we feel to have you as a doctor. Your heart and compassion is beyond words... Thank you doesn't seem to be enough!

January 18th, 2011

On our first visit Dr. Bowen seemed caring and interested. He did a full body MRI on my daughter. On our 2nd visit, he was way behind in his appts and he rushed us through. His diagnosis, "Your daughter is obese,has poor eating habits (which he never even went over with us), and needs to exercise. Even though the MRI report showed a possible defect in her spine at the exact location she is having severe pain in, he acted as though nothing is wrong with her. She is still VERY sick and is seeing more specialists. He did not listen to us when we discussed her issues either. Disgusted that I had to travel this far to have my daughter be belittled as well as pay $500 out of pocket! My daughter USED to be obese due to medications she was on for bipolar and depression. She is NOT obese now or when Dr. Bowen saw her! Very disappointed!

February 22nd, 2009

Dr. Bowen is one of the finest doctor's ever. I thank God for putting him on this earth!!!!

October 17th, 2008

Dr. Bowen: One of the FINEST Dr.'s ever !!!

Dr. Bowen is one of the finest doctors ever! A very caring doctor with a wonderful personality and superb bedside manner. What a blessing it is to know him and how wonderful it is that he has saved and changed the lives of so many for the better, due to Scoliosis, etc....Thank God for Dr. Bowen!!

October 14th, 2016