Dr. Richard Bowers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

May 31st, 2016
The doctor may know his craft, however, he has an arrogant attitude. He spends a few minutes with you after you have made your "rounds" to all these other staff members. Sometimes he does not remember was he suggested at the previous visit and changes his recommendations. Don't call him on it. NO, NO! Wait time is ridiculous. I have been there anywhere from 2 - 4 hours awaiting my appointment. The staff is also rude at times. I do plan to find another doctor in the near future. Another thing. It seems that since he has this new office, he is prescribing many more tests - probably to help pay for the equipment. Such a shame for a doctor with such excellent skills.

December 28th, 2015
Great Dr.
Knowledgeable, and explainers everything so clearly . Great "bedside" manner. Can't recommend him highly enough. Great doctor.

March 21st, 2015
Knowledgeable, but have heard him being rude to senior citizens with questions. Has been fine with me personally, however, I will be switching doctors because I am tired of waiting in the office for my appointment for 2-3 hours. My time is valuable too.

February 21st, 2015
Excellent eye care, extremely knowledgeable and competent.
Extremely knowledgeable and competent. Direct , concise, and straight forward. Explained, answered questions, and instilled utmost confidence in his abilities and skills, what I look for in an individual who is going to operate on me. Excellent outcome after cataract surgery (his forte). Two years later returned with a different problem. He accurately diagnosed my condition and referred me to a specialist in that field, again what I would expect and appreciate. I am an airline pilot and my vision is quite important to my livelihood. I seek outcome related care and received no less. I only gave 4 stars on "promptness" , but that is indirectly an attribute as to the quality of care. If it takes extra time so be it, an extra 30 minutes when it pertains to my vision, as well as the previous patient's, is inconsequential.

July 10th, 2014
surgical skill vs. patient skill
Dr. attempts to put on a pleasant demeanor but is very demanding of his staff and his patients. He is short tempered with patients who have questions and does a poor job about answering said questions. His typical answer to all questions is that he is an expert so stop asking questions. He puts on an initial front of "sappy," overdone sweetness but it is readily seen through and his staff privately confirm to me that he is demanding and, potentially, difficult to work with. I am willing to trust to his experience and allow him to treat me but I could never feel like I am valued or that my need to understand what is happening to my body is of the least importance to him. I have had prior care givers treat my chronic corneal disease who never wasted time and were efficient at moving through their schedules while still being sure to teach me everything I needed to know in order to understand what was happening to my body and what procedures being scheduled were meant to do, or why they were indicated. He wastes all that potential bonding and teaching time berating patients about their temerity in questioning his decisions. He obsesses about being an expert and to the expertese of his staff to the point that he refuses to explain why he is recommending that you see another member of the practice because, he is committed to a political treatment and interstaff relationship. If I want to know why I am sent from him to another staff member for specialized treatment, that specialist will have to do the explaining except that they, also, cannot explain anything that touches on the matter of my corneal health since that is a different doctor's perview. Ultimately, it is virtually impossible to get a straight answer out of him.

March 24th, 2014
Very arrogant.

May 26th, 2012
Unless you are going for a routine eye exam and glasses, go elsewhere. Had to seek treatment from a qualified physician.

May 7th, 2012
Dr Bowers, was rude, agitated never actually stated a diagnosis was impolite, he was sarcastic laughed at my questions. I felt as though I paid a $35 copay to be treated like garbage. I will never see this doctor again. He was disrespectful and talked down to me. I did not appreciate or respect him. As a member of the healthcare field he should not practice with that attitude.

March 6th, 2012
Over all a professional careful doctor
He took the time to discuss my moms cataract surgery carefully including the risks benefits and alternatives...She ended up with the multifocal lens and loves it.