Dr. Richard Bralliar DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

June 3rd, 2016
Saved me
I've been seeing Dr. B since about 2002 when my wife got me in for an emergency visit referral by a Psychologist whom I'd seen regarding the same emergency. I was in complete psychosis and experiencing homicidal tendencies among many other symptoms. Dr. B began seeing me multiple times weekly and treated me with medication. My mental and physical health continued to decline. This Doc. saved my life, saved my family and saved those who I wanted to hurt. For 14 yrs he has shown compassion and genuine concern. He supported my wife's decisions for my care when I couldn't. He was truthful but hopeful with her regarding my diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. It's because of God, my wife and Dr. B that I am able to write this review today. Thank you so much Dr. B for being my Doc and doing so much for me.

April 8th, 2016
Go Elsewhere!
The absolute worse Doc I have ever experienced. Doesn't return calls, staff is completely rude. I think the mental health doc, needs a mental health doc!

February 18th, 2016
Dr. Bralliar
I read these reviews prior to going to see Dr. Bralliar for the first time. My doctor was retiring and I was able to get an appointment with him before I was out of my medication. I was obviously nervous due to these reviews. However, I now feel that they are very misleading. His receptionist is very nice. Yes, he operates out of a building labeled for book keeping, but he obviously rents a space out of the building... and yes... he does have a waiting room. Dr. Bralliar is older, has a bad back (the reason for his monitor sitting on a box for elevation) and he has hearing problems. Which is probably WHY everyone thinks he is being rude. He can't hear very well. Have some compassion. I did notice he was spending a lot of time on his computer but the ENTIRE time, what he was doing was making note of everything I was saying and what we decided we were going to do. I have never felt rushed. We discuss everything. He doesn't fight me on anything. He never told me that I needed to get off of any of my medication, or was weary of prescribing me something. I feel that maybe the people who are saying he didn't want to put them on something or were treated like a "drug addict" are not taking any personal responsibility.

March 8th, 2015
he is a quack

February 19th, 2015
client
I have been seeing him for over three years and i love Dr Brilliar. He gives me my meds, listens and evaluate the situation. If i have problems they always call back right away.,

February 17th, 2015
TERRIBLE DOCTOR ~ DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ~ TERRIBLE DOCTOR
My daughter needed to see a psychiatrist to start the process in the right direction towards healing and recovering from depressive state. He is listed as a provider with our insurance and we were able to make an appt right a way. Lucille is very nice, very helpful and courteous... unfortunately that is where it ends. We were early as we were told to be prompt because our appointment time was set and not to be late. It is inside of a bookkeeping office, a little awkward to say the least. We finished paperwork and proceeded to wait for almost 30 minutes although she was the first patient of the day. My daughter was very unsure of the visit and had asked me to attend with her, and that i go in the office with her. I waited in their waiting room but she insisted that I came back there. First let me say, he immediately said I have a standing office because I cannot sit for long. Fair enough, I get it. But his standing office was cardboard boxes stacked on a cheap fold out table, in a very disorganized office, all the while he is wearing socks with man-sandals, hole in the crotch of his pants and looking like he just rolled out of bed. He asked a few questions and she started to relax a little, telling him what has been ailing her. He seemed as if he was uninterested in gaining more knowledge, had nothing to offer as far as suggestions on how to manage stress or deal with her depression. She has been on some medications but really does not want to be in a vegetative functioning state. He really seems like he does not care to be doing his job. If I did not go in there with her, I wouldnt have completely believed it myself. She left feeling like she is further behind the 8 ball and a waste of her dad and I money to pay for the ridiculous 150 visit. He should take notes from Lucille on how to be sympathetic to patients feelings and needs. I will not be taking her back and only wished that I had read the reviews beforehand, rather than after the fact, but one good thing is I can write a review in hopes that someone will read before making the mistake to go to this guy. TERRIBLE DOCTOR!

January 19th, 2015
DR. BRALLIAR IS VERY NICE.

June 2nd, 2014
I had the exact same experience as others have detailed. He was rude, uncommunicative, disinterested. He didn't explain anything to me, just wrote me a prescription and told me to come back in 3 months. I didn't go back. This man should not be in the psychiatry business.

March 10th, 2014
Worst Psychiatrist EVER!
Never seen any doctor this bad in my life. Saw this guy once & I will never go back to him & would recommend others don't bother with him. Terribly unfriendly, to the point of being rude. On the rare occasion that he spoke, he was snippy in attitude and curt in his tone. The little back room he uses as an office was tiny & filthy. Ok doc, I get it, you don't like your job. Don't worry, I won't be back to bother you again. Since it is apparent you don't want to treat people, I would like to suggest you just quit or retire-and fast. I was also kept waiting nearly 40 minutes beyond my appointment time, and I'm not even sure why since I was the only one there to see him. Sincerely, Very disappointed!

February 10th, 2014
HORRIBLE DOCTOR
This doctor is completely unprofessional. He is visibly disinterested in what you have to say. The entire visit as I was discussing my issues he just continued to go through his emails. Reading and replying to them as though he wasn't even aware I was talking. He did not engage in any conversation or even acknowledge that I was in the room much less talking to him. When I attempted to discuss medication he got very rude and unprofessional, treating my like some kind of drug addict even though the medication discussed was a long term maintenance med of mine for anxiety. I was shocked at the nasty tone he used with me, completely inappropriate & un-called for. I was neither rude nor disrespectful to him so there was no reason for him to speak to me that way. While I was talking he was completely preoccupied on the computer which showed me he did not give a crap about me or what I was saying. He really seems annoyed to even be bothered by dealing with patients. He was extremely rude, dry and nasty to deal with. I went to him for help & Left in tears, feeling far worse than before I saw him. Also, he doesn't even have a real office. He uses an empty room in the back of a tax business. The room he uses is an unorganized mess and there is no lobby to wait in so u have to stand in the tax business & wait for him to come up & get you. Even his personal appearance is alarming. He looked completely disheveled and unkempt. Shirt wrinkled and half untucked, his hair was noticeably oily & dirty & the back wasn't even combed. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DOCTOR. DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK. HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CALLED A DOCTOR. I was worse after seeing him than before. DO NOT SEE THIS GUY!

February 19th, 2013
In a time of severe crisis and mental collapse, the last thing one needs is ineptitude and a completely apathetic attitude. I came to this doctor for care and advice. He does not listen and when I asked questions, he appeared aggravated and was unwilling to answer clearly and directly. At one point, he seemed to be staring at a piece of paper. The piece of paper had nothing written on it but dates. Still, he continued to stare at it for at least couple of minutes. He appeared as though he had zoned out and was lost in thought while I tried to explain why I was there. Others have written that he appears "spaced out" and rarely made eye contact as he typed on his computer. This is accurate. If I were a weaker person, the office visit with Dr. Richard Bralliar would have surely pushed me to the edge. What he and others like him don't realize is how very fragile one is when seeking mental help. My hope is that others do not experience what I have as this doctor will surely test you and may discourage you from seeking the help you need for what ails you. This is my opinion and I hope that if you do decide to make an appointment with this doctor, that your experience will be much better than mine. Thank you.

November 12th, 2012
Incompetent Psychiatrist!
I scheduled an appt with this Dr. because my insurance plan has a limited Psychiartrist list I can see. I was able to get a fast appt with Dr Bralliar. I can see why this Dr. didn't have a booked schedule like some of the others. First of all the location of his office is very bizzare. He is located inside of a tax office with a little cubby in the back. There is not waiting room, so basically you have to sit in the tax office and wait for him to come out and get you, so there is no privacy here, everyone in the tax office will know your seeing a Psychiatrist. His receptionist was pleasant compared to alot of other office staff I have dealt with. In this cubby. There is a small desk with a comp he works on and a chair for the patient. The entire time he was typing on the comp instead of giving me eye contact and addressing my concerns. I came to him in a crisis. I felt worse when I left his office. he made me feel like a drug addictive asking for anxiety meds to help ease my anxiety. Instead he told me I need to work with my therapist more, and not take anxiety meds. This is after I paid my co pay, so basically I left his office with hurt feelings and no prescription for my disorder. What kind of Psychiatrist doesn't prescribe his patients meds! He is the most insensitive, heartless spaced out Dr. I have ever met before. I know the mental health field is crap, but this guy takes the cake. He doesn't seem to be in touch with reality or his patients. Do yourself a favor and avoid this Psychiatrist! Don't support his salary, he doesn't deserve to have an open practice the way he trwtas his patients.