Dr. Richard Broderick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Broderick?

March 29th, 2017

Thank you for Saving My Life Dr. Broderick!!

One cell phone call "did it all". I believe Dr. Broderick was in his car when he received the call from his nurse regarding my MRI results. It was a life threatening situation to put it mildly. I was in the ER at OSF Rockford after I was sent by my Chiropractor for an MRI. The results were not complete when the call went out to Dr. Broderick. "A tumor and a cyst the size of a pea and a lemon were found in the scan. Shortly after my 5 hour surgery took place and I am alive and healthy today! I can't thank his team, staff or him enough for saving my life.

December 20th, 2016

A man of his word real straight shooter

After two and a half years in pain ,three MRI's ,four rounds of shots , therapy to no resolve . Dr. Broderick told me exactly what was going on in my lower back he informed me not only what it would take to fix it but the entire process of recovery then did it all exactly as he said with the results he quoted me and I'm coming back strong . As a side note his staff is awesome they set up and handled the whole surgery I had to do very little and when your in that much pain you don't need all that .

October 13th, 2015

CARING THOROUGH DOCTOR-HARD TO COME BY THESE DAYS

Dr.Broderick is a true physician. He is the first doctor in 9 years to shed light on my back problem. He is caring and concerned and extremely thorough. I am looking forward to his future care.

August 17th, 2015

Not Worth The Money

I took my father who has a cognitive disability to see him and he was very unprofessional and rude. To start off, we were kept waiting for about two hours before he saw us. While we were waiting his Physician's Assistant came and discussed the problems with us. She was incredibly helpful and thorough. When the doctor finally came to see us, he spent approximately three minutes with us, all of which were spent shouting at us. He said that no surgeon would be able to help my father unless he went off of one of his medications. When I told him our other doctor said it would be okay if we bridged his medication with a similar one then stopped it all together, we would be able to treat the problem and he insisted it was impossible. I later found out from our INR nurse that this is not the case, and many people have done this before. When asked if there was any way my father would be able to walk again, the doctor shook his hands in my father's face and said to get a walker. He did not discuss any type of pain management (which was one of the reasons why we were there) and he did not discuss what could be done if we decided to pursue treatment and go off the medication. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Not only was he rude and insensitive, he did not try to accommodate my father's needs. The only bright spot was his physician's assistant, who was the only thing that made this trip bearable. We will be seeking a second opinion and filing a formal complaint against this doctor.

October 15th, 2014

Maybe for back pain

Sent to Dr. Broderick by my General Practitioner regarding jaw pain. Told me he just handles neck neurologic issues and my neck couldn't be causing my jaw pain. Couldn't help me. Ordered no further tests, didn't offer to send me to another colleague. Diagnosed elsewhere with brain tumor pinching nerves to my jaw. Would think a neurosurgeon would have recognized the possibility. I wouldn't bother with this guy unless you have back troubles. There are better neurosurgeons out there.

January 26th, 2013

Rookie Surgeon

I went to Dr. Broderick because I have a herniated disc in my back and my general doctor recommended him to me. He saw me briefly and dismissed me quickly. He told me that no doctor would ever operate on my herniated disc except for some quack and that he was not qualified to do this type of surgery. Then he walked out on me! I was left stunned by his callousness and insensitivity. I am in a wheelchair and he was totally disinterested in me. Go to him only with caution. He can only help the 'easy' patients. Stay away from him! Overall this was a horrible experience.

January 16th, 2013

Awesome surgeon!

Dr. Broderick performed emergency brain surgery on my 91-year-old Mom and did a brilliant job! He is fearless and confident in his abilities. We could not be more pleased with the result, which was my Mom's survival and strong recovery from a disastrous fall that caused an undetected brain bleed.

August 15th, 2017